Forbidden Love Anime for Picky Romantic!!

plsfan

Question

Hey guys! I'm looking for a really good romantic anime (nothing super mature, more like PG-13) and I don't want it to be "kiss-at-the-end" type of story where it takes the whole show for them to be together. Lots of kissing or romantic scenes! Leave my heart pumping!

I also love the idea of forbidden love- like running away or eloping or things like that. Or hate-to-love.

It has to be well-written with round characters and a good plot.

I just finished Toradora and *loved* it, but I just wish it had a few more episodes and more than one kiss!

Anything you recommend will help. Thank you so much!!

2 answers to this question

Romance isn't really my genre (I'm more the SF type) so I'm probably missing quite a few but given your prefs you might want to try something like Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji or Ai Yori Aoshi.  If you like the former then you might also try Itazura na Kiss

As a bonus I'll also throw in Lovely Complex.

hth.,.

2 hours ago, efaardvark said:

I thought of that one as well, but was hesitant to recommend since it does lean on harem tropes pretty heavily to provide fanservice. Having said that, it’s clear from beginning to end that the real couple is Kaoru & Aoi (sorry Tina :P ) & their interactions are very sweet & romantic. So worth taking a look to see if it meets your standards.

Edited by Ohayotaku