Advice on a confusing situation.

matsu

Hello everyone. I just recently joined his forum. I am having a very hard time with something. I really I can get some good advice here. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

It is all some friends I made a few years ago in Cebu Philippines. They had became very close friends like family almost. I was making plans to go see them again and also invest and live in Cebu for awhile. But now with this pandemic thingy the Philippines borders have been shut off to foreigners since around March 2020. I also had stopped communication with them a long while back. Cause I just miss them too much. Well I'm losing faith in ever being able to travel there again. So I am thinking of just getting more into my hobbies and focusing on life as it is now at my home. It has been very hard to make local friends. No one seems to share my interests in my area. So I want to make friends more online.

Anyways. My question to everyone is

"Should I forget the Philippines and just focus on life as it is with my hobbies?"

Thanks in advance for all your help

Matt

On 6/1/2021 at 2:11 AM, matsu said:

Hello everyone. I just recently joined his forum. I am having a very hard time with something. I really I can get some good advice here. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

It is all some friends I made a few years ago in Cebu Philippines. They had became very close friends like family almost. I was making plans to go see them again and also invest and live in Cebu for awhile. But now with this pandemic thingy the Philippines borders have been shut off to foreigners since around March 2020. I also had stopped communication with them a long while back.

Cause I just miss them too much.

heyo~ welcome to af-forums is first of all~

but yea, if they are very close friends of yours, even through the interwebs, you should still stay in contact, you dont need to meet and greet and all that, just being in contact is better

especially with covid, philippines is not a fun place to visit right now, you will just be quarantined for 14days, with sh*tton of delays on being catered to, its really not a great idea to visit philippines --- or any other country at that fact right now

i haven't met with my classmate who i treat as a BFF, but we still keep in touch on facebook, its mainly talk about gacha games though, and some random topics about what's happening with my life right now, with job and all, flexes and stuff xD

On 6/1/2021 at 2:11 AM, matsu said:

Well I'm losing faith in ever being able to travel there again. So I am thinking of just getting more into my hobbies and focusing on life as it is now at my home. It has been very hard to make local friends. No one seems to share my interests in my area. So I want to make friends more online.

Anyways. My question to everyone is

"Should I forget the Philippines and just focus on life as it is with my hobbies?"

Thanks in advance for all your help

Matt

yea, getting on your hobby will be more fun, but dont forget to talk to people too, locally finding friends is really hard, especially if you're a introvert like me

currently on my work, no one shares the same hobbies as me (drawing, playing games, animes), but that doesn't bother me that much, we don't have to share the same taste to be friends, though it helps ease tension and make conversations if they know of the stuff i commonly know of >.<)

so yea, tldr; yea, forget about philippines for now, and focus on your own life rather than others

this is coming from someone who lives in Ph by the by ~.~

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

Thanks for the reply and advice. While I really miss the way it was in the Philippines. I'm sure it's probably never gonna be the same as it was when I was there. I'm just gonna give up on travel and realize it's time to move on to something else. Anime,Manga,Comedy movies and TV shows will help to keep me laughing and smiling I hope. It's too hard to try and make friends right now. This forum and a Reddit are the only social networking I do. Other than that... I just stick with my hobbies and garden occasionally or exercise some. Thanks again for your advice. Hope your always doing fine in the Philippines.     Matt

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I think you should stick to friends with the same hobbies as you because you can't really talk freely by pretending to be interested in what someone else is saying. But with the pandemic going on and with Philippines being such a highly populated area, I'm afraid your only choice would be video chatting.