How can I become an anime fan?

I think you can start with the mainstream ones. Go on and start with a MAL (My Anime Lists) account and see the recommended animes in different genres that are shown on the lists.

Edited by sodaleaked
  • Agree 1

Hey hlo there otakus I am new weeb here can anyone please help me on how to use this website cuz I am trying to figure out and I am not able to use the full resources and features provided by Animeforums website so any help would be appreciated arigato minna san.

I’d second the MAL suggestion.  (https://myanimelist.net/) Go there, find the page there for an anime that you like, scroll down to the section of the page where it recommends similar shows, watch some of those, then come back here and talk about it/them.  Pretty simple really.  :)  

• Agree 1

Welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy it here 😁

If you’re primarily looking for series with a large fanbase,  shounen & seinen are probably the most popular genres. Some current examples would be Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba), My Hero Academia & Jujutsu Kaisen. There’s also older series like Dragon Ball Z,  One Piece, Hunter x Hunter & Bleach. Or Death Note & Fullmetal Alchemist (my personal preference is for Brotherhood, but sone prefer the original). But IMO the most important thing is to find series YOU actually enjoy. Since you mentioned Attack on Titan, I would recommend checking out Kabeneri of the Iron Fortress. But I would also recommend checking out other genres too.

As @sodaleaked & @efaardvark mentioned, MAL  is a resource a lot of people use to find out about different series & keep track of what they’ve watched. Anime Planet can also be helpful.

Feel free to share your experiences as you explore.

Edited by Ohayotaku

Idk about finding friends as no one will really reach out to you to be friends with you. You'll have to be proactive in that regard.

Google "anime discord" and maybe one of those servers actually watch stuff together in the video chat.

Or you can start your own discord server (for free) and invite people who would be interested in watching stuff with you. Though, it's really difficult to match up timelines and schedules. For instance, I like to marathon my anime all at once. I also use Netflix. It would take some work, but hey, what hobbies are without work?