Favorite JRPG Soundtrack?

Blue Fisherman

Been jamming to Legend of Mana ost since the remaster's coming out in the next week or so. Always loved the art direction and character styles of the Mana series...but the music is right up there with the best of the best. Takes you through so many places within.. what are some of your favorite soundtracks? Also Grandia ost is high on the list! Love me some impressionist/jazz/anime smash up ;)  Enjoy the "album cover"spacer.pngseries- 

• 1 year later...

I am obsessed with the Xenoblade Chronicles 1 and 3 soundtracks. They both have strong battle themes, cutscene music, and overworld themes. I don’t think there’s a single bad song in either game.

The Trails and Ys games have underrated soundtracks as well. They always fit the mood of the situation well.

I think my all-time favorite JRPG soundtrack will easily be Chrono Trigger. Yasunori Mitsuda (and Nobuo Uematsu on certain tracks) did an amazing job composing this OST. I remember being a kid, firing this game up, and halfway not even paying attention to the events of the story because I was so captivated by the music. I could have spent what felt like hours in Guardia Forest listening to Secret of the Forest, or Corridors of Time on the map of the kingdom of Zeal.