Has anyone actually managed to catch up with One Piece?

KunstlerPrime

Hey, new to the forum. I got to the part where the met the fireworks guy but life has gotten in the way. Even still that series is one of the longest in the world. Though I d know there is a timeskip, and I personally like pre time skip Nami better. Anyway, has anyone managed to catch up from not watching it growing up. I watched the first couple arcs in high school but haven't been consistent. Is the series almost over?

7 hours ago, KunstlerPrime said:

Is the series almost over?

They are at least talking about wrapping it up, but probably still years away.

As far as catching up, maybe when (if) I retire 😂 
I honestly don’t see any other way since I left off early in the Skypeia arc & have dozens of more manageable titles on my PTW/backlog list besides the new titles I watch each season

Edited by Ohayotaku

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's insane, it's been running for what? 20 years now? from what i saw on google "One Piece creator Eiichiro Oda has answered in an interview that the manga’s end is near 1000 chapters. He added that the last episodes will air around 2024-2025."

I don’t go for those animes with mega episode counts.  I like closure.  :)  The longest I’ll take on is maybe 2 or 3 seasons.  Longer than that and it gets repetitive and boring.  (IMHO, YMMV, etc.)

• Agree 1

Yeah man, it’s worth it all the way. If you set aside time for 20+ episodes per week you can catch up soon enough, or you can use some weeks this summer to watch over 200 episodes depending on how many weeks and time per day you set aside. While I wait for the next episodes I watch a some shorter 12-30 episode shows to broaden my horizons of anime. Hope it helps:)

No but I am the closest I have ever been thanks to covid. lol

I forget what episode I'm on but I just finished the big mom arc. It takes me awhile because I enjoy reading it as well. I actually like the manga better. The recap in every episode can get frustrating at times.