Lauriferous

Hey guys and gals. I'm not usually good at writing intro posts but I'll give it my best shot. smile.png.b56f27c8772ad1027f0d2cc6849fb35b.png

I'm Lauriferous and I've been an anime fan since the late '90s. During the past few years I kind of put my anime hobby on hold while I pursued other things, but now I'm getting back into the fandom and trying to catch up on all the great shows I missed out on.

Some random info...I'm a huge fan of Hayao Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli films, as well as any film directed by Mamoru Hosoda. I enjoy reading manga and my favorite video games include Akiba's Trip, Journey, and Shadow of the Colossus. I'm also an art lover, so I try to collect animation cels and art books in my spare time.

It's great to meet everyone!

• Like 4

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

Hello and welcome to the forum Lauriferous , Yuuki desu , I hope you enjoy it here :P

Do you have a favorite genre of anime / manga ?

Thanks! I enjoy a lot of mech anime, although I'm usually not too picky. As long as there's a good plotline and tons of character development, I'll watch anything. :)

Hello @Lauriferous , welcome to Anime Forums. :) Hope you enjoy your stay here.

I'm a huge fan of Hayao Miyazaki

That's great. I've only seen two titles of his: Castle in the Sky and Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind. I found both to be very memorable titles despite their age. At some point I really need to watch his other titles...

Hello @Lauriferous , welcome to Anime Forums. :) Hope you enjoy your stay here.

That's great. I've only seen two titles of his: Castle in the Sky and Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind. I found both to be very memorable titles despite their age. At some point I really need to watch his other titles...

Thanks, Optic. Nice to meet you. Castle in the Sky and Nausicaa are indeed very good movies. My favorite is Princess Mononoke. :)

What's your favorite anime that you watched during the summer, and what anime are you looking forward to watching in the fall season?

Unfortunately I haven't been able to keep up with much anime this past season. But Gangsta caught my eye..that one looks very intriguing. Rokka no Yuusha looks very good too.