Small talk bout anime actors

c.jem23

That sounds like the Fate franchise! Even if you die you come back for another round either a few hundred years later or in an alternate reality/timeline :D

• Like 1

Ahh yeah, 😅

Its just sad to think in anime when our fave character die we cant see them again in another movie. Hehe

1 hour ago, RZ. said:

That sounds like the Fate franchise! Even if you die you come back for another round either a few hundred years later or in an alternate reality/timeline :D

Ahh yeah, 😅

Its just sad to think in anime when our fave character die we cant see them again in another movie. Hehe

• Like 1

I don't mind that tbh. If the story goes that one of the characters die (and it makes sense) then I'm cool with it. All too often writers try to revive popular characters after they've died and it can kill the tension knowing they can just bring anyone back whenever they want! 😅

On 7/8/2021 at 7:15 AM, c.jem23 said:

If an anime character die, I hope they will let that character to be play in another show.

Just like real people actresses. 

Huh, not what I was expecting this thread to be about. I expected it to be about how Kenjiro Tsuda seems to voice at least a dozen different characters every year 😂

On 7/9/2021 at 8:19 PM, Ohayotaku said:

Huh, not what I was expecting this thread to be about. I expected it to be about how Kenjiro Tsuda seems to voice at least a dozen different characters every year 😂

It's worse if you watch your fair share of dubs like me. I first encountered Kent Williams voicing Mao from DTB. Now he's everywhere - from villains, side heroes, old guys who appear for one episode. He pops up in everything I watch like he's following me around lol. He's the anime version of Alexander Siddig, who manages to crop up in every piece of live action TV I watch

A lot of Tsuda’s  roles are yakuza or criminals (the lead from Way of the Househusband & Overhaul from My Hero Academia). Even when he’s not an outright villain it’s usually a character with questionable ethics (Joker from Fire Force & Mao-sama from Demon Lord Retry). He’s also been doing some narration lately (To Your Eternity, Cells at Work: Code Black). But that’s just a sampling.

On the dub side of things, the ones that stand out to me are Wendee Lee, Lisa Ortiz, Hillary Haag, Crispin Freeman & Steven Blum. You can probably guess from the list, but I don’t watch much dubbed anymore 😂

Edited by Ohayotaku

53 minutes ago, EnviousEnvy said:

Hide contents

You mean kind of like Krillan dying constantly in DBZ and being brought back by the dragon balls? 🐉

Yeah hehehe 😅, Anyway thats only my point of view. hehe

Just now, Wedgy said:

Isn't that basically the whole cast, too? 🤣

Is not like that tho.

9 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

A lot of Tsuda’s  roles are yakuza or criminals (the lead from Way of the Househusband & Overhaul from My Hero Academia). Even when he’s not an outright villain it’s usually a character with questionable ethics (Joker from Fire Force & Mao-sama from Demon Lord Retry). He’s also been doing some narration lately (To Your Eternity, Cells at Work: Code Black). But that’s just a sampling.

On the dub side of things, the ones that stand out to me are Wendee Lee, Lisa Ortiz, Hillary Haag, Crispin Freeman & Steven Blum. You can probably guess from the list, but I don’t watch much dubbed anymore 😂

Ah yes, Crispin Freeman! He does pop up everywhere. Trina Nishimura is another one. I hear Kurisu everywhere 😅

IIRC Tezuka did something like this with his manga. He treated characters like actual Hollywood stars, so they 'played' different roles for different series he produced. Its fun little way to add personality to his fictional universe. I guess it could get confusing if you're not expecting it though?