Hello fellow otakus

KazeKageno

I am new to forums and don't know where to start. I actually never considered them until watching Oreimo (...yeah...did not expect it to really go so far...) and was like, "Are there really online communities of anime fans like that?"

I like rom-coms, comedies, fantasy and scifi, and while I steer clear of straight adult anime I don't mind ecchi for laughs. Where do I go  from here?

Welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy it here 😁

45 minutes ago, Q-Tip said:

Netjuu Susume is also really good

+1 for this. While there certainly is humor in the Fruits Basket remake, I find it too dramatic to really consider a romcom, but highly recommended for a series that will repeatedly hit you in the feelz (ReLife is along the same lines, just make sure to watch the OVA episodes too in order to get the happy ending). And since you don’t mind ecchi played for laughs I would recommend Don’t Toy With Me Miss Nagatoro (it also winds up being much more heartwarming than the 1st ep would lead you to believe).  I saw Aho Girl listed on your profile page so I would recommend Girlfriend Girlfriend • Hinamatsuri • Chio’s School Road • Asobi Asobase • School Rumble. I also noticed that you’re into VG development so you might enjoy New Game (SoL/CGDCT). For fantasy I’ll recommend Magic Knight Rayearth for an old school favorite & Mushoku Tensei for something more recent. And finally for scifi I would recommend the StarBlazers (Space Battleship Yamato) remakes.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

I have watched "Don't Toy with me Miss Nagatoro" and thought it was awesome!!! "School Rumble" was one of favorite anime's and one of the first to get me into Rom Coms. Then I watched "Chobits" and liked that as well. Comedies are the best but I hate it when you watch a comedy that turns into a drama like "Shuffle" :S

• 1 month later...