Fall/Autumn 2021 Series Anticipation

Ohayotaku

Not sure how I neglected to include this one in my earlier post :P 

Also, new trailer for Platinum End 

Edited by Ohayotaku

• 3 weeks later...

Links to CR’s & Funi’s line up pages (should update as new titles are announced). Even though both are owned by Sony now, they’re apparently still licensing series seperately.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2021/09/21-1/crunchyroll-announces-fall-2021-lineup

https://www.funimation.com/blog/2021/09/20/your-guide-to-the-fall-2021-anime-season-on-funimation/

Netflix North America is listing Komi Can’t Communicate on 10/21. No idea on how many episodes & how frequently new ones will be available though. They also have Blue Period.

HiDive will no longer be included as part of VRV after 09/30. The only series I’m aware of them picking up so far is the latest season of Lupin.

Edited by Ohayotaku

• 2 weeks later...

3 hours ago, Zila said:

Definitely waiting on Blue Period. 🤩

The manga is such a good read, glad they decided to give it an adaptation. 😁

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/new-netflix-anime-blue-period-to-stream-episodes-weekly-from-october-2021/

Fortunately, It looks like Netflix is finally going to try the “new episode every week” approach to anime for this & Komi. Of course, not a big deal if you prefer to binge, but something a lot of hardcore anime fans have wanted them to do for a long time.

• 1 month later...

My impressions at the midpoint of the season

Favorites:
86 (2nd cour)
Mushoku Tensei (2nd cour)
Mieruko-chan
The Faraway Paladin

Decent but Overhyped:
Komi Can’t Communicate
Ranking of Kings

OK:
The Great Jahy will not be Defeated
Taisho Otome Fairytail
My Senpai is Annoying

Mixed Feelings:
Takt op.Destiny
Rumble Garanndoll
World’s Finest Assassin isekai

Disappointing:
Irina, The Vampire Cosmonaut
Sakugan
Platinum End

Bad, but still kinda entertaining:
Tesla Notes
Fruit of Evolution
Pride of Orange

Just Bad:
The Vampire Dies in No Time
Muteking
Deep Insanity
Visual Prison

Waiting on:
Demon Slayer Entertainment District Arc
Heike Story (binge?)
Lupin III (binge?)

Overall:
Better than the summer season, but not as good as Winter & Spring.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

My impressions at the midpoint of the season

I'm still in binge-wait mode for this season but I have checked out a few episodes each of 86, Komi can't Communicate, The Great Jahy, Fruit of Evolution, and Faraway Paladin.   (Not sure how to translate that last one.. seems like "the last Paladin" might be in order, depending on how it turns out.  It does seem to be getting a shade darker with every episode.) 

86 and Paladin are definitely on my to-watch list.  Komi probably too, though it isn't as cute or funny as I was hoping.

The Great Jahy is ok but it'll probably keep getting shuffled to the bottom of my queue and eventually forgotten, effectively dropped unless I either hear somewhere that the ending makes it worth going back and finishing it or I somehow find myself with a lot of idle time on my hands.  (Highly unlikely.)

A part of my brain hated FoE, but I've found that if I shut down that part of my brain and don't take it too seriously then the show is reasonably entertaining after all.   :)

Still on my need-to-check-out list are Sakugan (tho I might not after seeing its placement/rating on your list), Taishou Otome, and World's finest Assassin.  Maybe Annoying Sempai too, though as it is I'm going to have trouble finding time for everything.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2021 at 2:48 PM, efaardvark said:

The Great Jahy is ok but it'll probably keep getting shuffled to the bottom of my queue and eventually forgotten, effectively dropped unless I either hear somewhere that the ending makes it worth going back and finishing it or I somehow find myself with a lot of idle time on my hands.  (Highly unlikely.)

Jahy didn’t really hit it’s stride until episode 6 for me. Even then the humor isn’t exactly sophisticated and is frequently predictable/repetitive, but I still chuckle more often then not. And there are some low key feelz as Jahy’s time having to slum it is gradually making her a better “person” in spite of her insistence to the contrary. And recent developments show that the conflict between the Dark Realm & the Magical Girl wasn’t as straightforward as it seemed. Another plus is that the series doesn’t really lewd Jahy’s loli form. I actually think Dragon Maid is a worse offender in that aspect, especially with the introduction of the shortstack.

Edited by Ohayotaku

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...