Jump to content

Hi!... please talk here I need friend. I’m desperate.


Soramee_
 Share

Recommended Posts

Of course like a lot of people I do have friend but the only problem with my friend is that the only show he will only watch or read is naruto. Nice to meet you my name is soramee. I’m Canadian and I’m a weeb. I like to make jokes or just to be funny in general. Also I think you can see I write a lot for nothing. My favorite anime are lucky star, KONOSUBA, the world god only know and initial D. That would be nice if any of you could tell about yourself in the post.😄

  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welcome to the forums 😁 

I’ve been watching anime in some form or another for around 40 years, but have no indication of ever “outgrowing” it :P  I’m pretty varied in the type of anime I watch, but favorite genres tend to be fantasy or supernatural. More details on my profile here or MAL account.

10 hours ago, Soramee_ said:

only problem with my friend is that the only show he will only watch or read is naruto.

Yeah, not a fan myself 😅 Truth be told, I have a hard time staying invested in mega-series that go on continuously. Around 26 eps & then a break is probably my ideal. Even the ones I follow across multiple seasons tend to lose their spark after awhile. But that’s just my personal take.

Anyway, hope you enjoy it here

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for replying!

I also do not watch super long anime except for Initial D that i really like so i kinda understand what you are saying 😄. It hasn't been a long time since i started watching anime compared to you 😅. I only started to watch anime 4 or 5 years ago.

it's still surprising i didn't abandoned at the start because the first show i watched that was derived from an anime  was... dragon ball evolution... yeah it didn't start well. At least i didn't even knew dragon ball was anime. My favorites genre are fantasy, comedy and romance but i can like anime of other genre. Do you have any anime you really liked?

Here is my mal if you want. if i put like an 8 to sword art online fatal bullet and sword art online, im sorry that was me when i had a really huge bad taste in anime. Also there are not all the anime/manga that i watched on it.

https://myanimelist.net/profile/Gabee0204

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Soramee_ said:

Do you have any anime you really liked?

My overall favorite would be Cowboy Bebop. I also have a lot of nostalgia for Space Battleship Yamato aka Star Blazers because that’s where it all started for me. Robotech too, even though it’s a bastardization of 3 unrelated series. As far as series that are just flat out epic I would recommend Vinland Saga & Fate Zero.

1 hour ago, Soramee_ said:

romance

Highly recommend the 2019 remake of Fruits Basket.

1 hour ago, Soramee_ said:

comedy

Humor can be highly subjective but some of my favorites are Azumanga Daioh, School Rumble, Asobi Asobase & Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-kun.

I don’t hate on SAO, but I don’t consider it anything special either. I watched all the versions through GunGale Online Alternative, but dropped fairly early into Alicization because it just felt too pretentious. Might give it another chance someday, but not a priority. 

Just checked your MAL & saw Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater listed 👍 I enjoyed that one too. On a related note you might like Yuru (Laidback) Camp. Afterschool Dice Club & Mieruko-chan. And since you liked Konosuba I recommend Louie The Rune Soldier & The Hero is OP but Overly Cautious (Cautious Hero)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

I watched all the versions through GunGale Online Alternative, but dropped fairly early into Alicization because it just felt too pretentious

Yeah same i also dropped SAO when i was watching Alicization at episode 10, if i remember correctly when the r**e happened. i didn't like that but i started thinking of maybe giving another chance to SAO when i read the first tome of sword art online progressive in light novel. Maybe you should also give it a try. it's like a remake of SAO which follow kirito and Asuna trough all the floors of aincrad.

5 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

Just checked your MAL & saw Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater listed

It may be just me but i feel like there's nobody who talked about it even if it's (in my opinion) really good and really relaxing.

5 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

As far as series that are just flat out epic I would recommend Vinland Saga & Fate Zero.

i've never watch Vinland saga but did watch Fate Zero and yes it was a really good show (or as you say so yourself epic)

Edited by Soramee_
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/20/2021 at 4:59 AM, Soramee_ said:

Of course like a lot of people I do have friend but the only problem with my friend is that the only show he will only watch or read is naruto. Nice to meet you my name is soramee. I’m Canadian and I’m a weeb. I like to make jokes or just to be funny in general. Also I think you can see I write a lot for nothing. My favorite anime are lucky star, KONOSUBA, the world god only know and initial D. That would be nice if any of you could tell about yourself in the post.😄

Yeah

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welcome to the insanity! As for learning about me...I've been into anime since before I even knew what it was(I was 7 or 8). My first anime was unofficially Beast King Go-Lion(unofficially because I didn't know "Voltron" was from Japan), officially the first was Battle Angel Alita. My favorite anime are too numerous to count, but...Evangelion, Rahxephon, Ai Yori Aoshi, Otaku no Video, Gundam, You're Under Arrest, Ghost in the Shell...I could keep going LOL!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/22/2021 at 7:21 PM, Otaking66lives said:

My favorite anime are too numerous to count, but...Evangelion, Rahxephon, Ai Yori Aoshi, Otaku no Video, Gundam, You're Under Arrest, Ghost in the Shell...I could keep going LOL!

I totally understand that XD. I've never watched or heard of Ai Yori Aoshi, Otaku no Video and Rahxephon do you recommend them?

 

On 11/22/2021 at 7:21 PM, Otaking66lives said:

because I didn't know "Voltron" was from Japan

ha ha I also didn't know when i was a kid that Voltron was from Japan. I tough it was from somewhere like the united states or somewhere like that 😅.

 

Sorry if you don't understand what i'm writing. it's because i normally talk french offline.

Here my MAL if you want to check https://myanimelist.net/profile/Gabee0204

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/24/2021 at 9:13 PM, Soramee_ said:

I totally understand that XD. I've never watched or heard of Ai Yori Aoshi, Otaku no Video and Rahxephon do you recommend them?

 

Rahxephon is a mecha anime in the same vein as Evangelion, but its basis is music, not religion.

Ai Yori Aoshi is a romantic comedy that tries to disguise itself as a harem anime.

Otaku no Video is a mocumentary anime about the birth of one of the biggest anime companies in Japan: Gainax. Its from the 80s, but still enjoyable.

 

I recommend them all!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Otaking66lives said:

Ai Yori Aoshi is a romantic comedy that tries to disguise itself as a harem anime.

A succinct & accurate description.  Also recommending.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Otaking66lives said:

Rahxephon is a mecha anime in the same vein as Evangelion, but its basis is music, not religion.

Ai Yori Aoshi is a romantic comedy that tries to disguise itself as a harem anime.

Otaku no Video is a mocumentary anime about the birth of one of the biggest anime companies in Japan: Gainax. Its from the 80s, but still enjoyable.

 

I recommend them all!!

They all seem very interesting and fun to watch so i might give them a try. thanks for the description Otaking66lives! 😄

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...