What anime have you dropped?

MediaConsumesMe

On 4/3/2022 at 8:47 AM, peachtea said:

A few days ago I was recommended Vampire Knight but I have some stuff going on so it's kind of been a drag to watch anything right now. Erm, you guessed it, I dropped Vampire Knight. Hard. What is this mess!? Siblings? SIBLINGS!!? You okay, Hino?

Fr I remember when VK was hyped during the Twilight wars. Never seen it. 

Generation Of Chaos out of curiosity. Fully regret.

• Funny 1

On 4/1/2022 at 10:05 PM, MediaConsumesMe said:

Yeah, I wish I hadn't bought Witch Hunter Robin... I mean considering it came out alongside some right classics I was sure it was going to be good. But I'm over half way and it still so boring. I honestly dropped it. 

WHR is ok, but it's weird that there's basically no plot until episode 15. Cool music though.

4 hours ago, RZ. said:

WHR is ok, but it's weird that there's basically no plot until episode 15. Cool music though.

I made it to episode 15, and something did happen but the following episode it was back to more or less a slow paced episode and I was like I just don't care anymore. The music and the opening was good though. 

1 hour ago, MediaConsumesMe said:

I made it to episode 15, and something did happen but the following episode it was back to more or less a slow paced episode and I was like I just don't care anymore. The music and the opening was good though. 

Oh yeah, that episode confused the hell out of me at first. I thought when they got raided that they all got shot dead... then they were alive again next episode. Didn't realize they'd been using blanks/rubber bullets or whatever lol.

7 minutes ago, RZ. said:

Oh yeah, that episode confused the hell out of me at first. I thought when they got raided that they all got shot dead... then they were alive again next episode. Didn't realize they'd been using blanks/rubber bullets or whatever lol.

Neither did I, I was sure the entire place got wasted. And to be honest, I felt nothing. Like had that been the end of those characters it would have stirred no emotion in me. 

• Agree 1

• 2 months later...

Lets see...

I dropped March Comes In Like A Lion bc tbh it's not that interesting. It's pretty boring.

Violet Evergarden, idk why, I just randomly stopped watching at at like ep2

Blue Exorcist, I stopped watching it at around 2 seconds in XD

Sword Art Online. I just can't be bothered to start season 3

I've probably dropped others and I may come back to some of these, but idk

• Like 1

I dropped Naruto Shippuden, back in 2009.

All-Out! - I really like sports anime, but I just found this one to be boring.

Food Wars! - I'm not a prude but there was just way too much fan service for me. I really wanted to keep watching, and I did for a while, but I just couldn't take it after a while.

I'm sure there are others, but that's all that comes to mind.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Digimon_Sommelier said:

Digimon Ghost Game. Awful!

I think I lasted 6 episodes at most. 
I was interested in it at first, but didn’t last long.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

2 notable ones I've dropped were Naruto and Toradora. 

Naruto as a whole I just found really lifeless. 5 episodes in, and I couldn't find a single funny moment, or anything to note in each character that wasn't directly shown. Shows generally have characters acting in ways that are only explained later that the audience may pick up on and even find out themselves, and really nice small details, but that just was not in Naturo, so it felt lifeless. 

Toradora is a lot better than Naruto, the show is really interesting, I liked the situations and characters themselves, but the plot and character development were what felt REALLY weak. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/8/2022 at 7:28 AM, Gonstroph said:

Naruto as a whole I just found really lifeless. 5 episodes in, and I couldn't find a single funny moment, or anything to note in each character that wasn't directly shown. Shows generally have characters acting in ways that are only explained later that the audience may pick up on and even find out themselves, and really nice small details, but that just was not in Naturo, so it felt lifeless. 

Toradora is a lot better than Naruto, the show is really interesting, I liked the situations and characters themselves, but the plot and character development were what felt REALLY weak. 

Naruto is one of those shows that seems really popular with those that got into Anime in there childhood, but for those of us that got into anime later, who've seen other similar (and better) shows it can be hard to appreciate the show. I mean it not even something I've considered watching, due to its length, its age and its target demographic. As for Toradora, an interesting show to drop cause it not overly long. Not sure at what point you just caved and gave up but I have watched it and I think your critique is on point because those first twelve of so episodes are really mostly just padding as the show doesn't want to come to the obvious conclusion its already set up.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2022 at 7:28 AM, Gonstroph said:

I've never had any inclination to watch Naruto, the series just doesn't appeal to me.

I can understand your dropping Toradora. I think that if I'd been watching it on a streaming service I would have dropped it as well, but I had it on DVD, and if I've bought a series on DVD I stay with it as it would be a waste of money not to do so 🙂.  Initially I wasn't over impressed with the series, but on a rewatch I thought it a bit better but having seen it a couple of times I think most of the problem with it is the series's obsession with Taiga's violent "Palmtop Tiger" persona which never seems to change and develop in any permanent way.  The series has some interesting characters but the overall character development and plot are a bit weak. To my mind it's one of those series that could have been so much better, but somehow just missed the mark.

• Like 1

Tiger & Bunny 

The anime pulled me in at the start, but honestly the storyline never really interested me the more I watched it. Not saying it's a bad anime, no, i'm just saying I lost interest in continuing it...after all, I have other animes I look forward to and are watching at this moment that pull me in more. 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, MediaConsumesMe said:

Naruto is one of those shows that seems really popular with those that got into Anime in there childhood, but for those of us that got into anime later, who've seen other similar (and better) shows it can be hard to appreciate the show. I mean it not even something I've considered watching, due to its length, its age and its target demographic. As for Toradora, an interesting show to drop cause it not overly long. Not sure at what point you just caved and gave up but I have watched it and I think your critique is on point because those first twelve of so episodes are really mostly just padding as the show doesn't want to come to the obvious conclusion its already set up.

(Spoilers for Toradora below.)

It was a very specific moment with Ami that made me drop it on episode 6. It was when she decided to drop her fake personality, the setup was horrible because the photographer literally CAME OUT OF HIDING AND TOOK A FLASH PHOTO OF SOME RANDOM ASS PERSON, and what's worse is that the photographer tried to hide to take pictures of Ami so why the hell would he suddenly just jump out this time around????? 

I was also really bothered by how much she sucked ass at hiding her true personality up until that point, but that setup leading to the moment she decides to leave it behind made me drop it.

Edited by Gonstroph
  • Agree 1