Post your anime 3x3

MediaConsumesMe

Haven’t tried it but maybe just use the normal editing tools to post 3 sets of 3 pics with line breaks between each set?  Then edit the properties of each pic to make them all the same size and make the first pic in each set left-justified, the second centered, and the third right.

I’d try it but last time I checked you can’t delete posts and I don’t want to make a mess I can’t clean up.  :)

Edited by efaardvark

Just used the git hub link, its really simple to use turns out, all you got to do is click on one of the empty tabs and then choose one of the three search engines, click either manga, anime or character and then type in the name for what you're looking for. I'll upload my test and the links already posted in my early comment. 

3x3 (1).jpg

1 minute ago, Kreideprinz said:

Cannot love Monster enough. I'd say it's definitely in my top 3, up there with Cowboy Bebop and Megalo Box 2: Nomad. Mushishi is something I like to relax to, I wouldn't call it a nostalgic show on its own but it often reminds me of some warm, good memories growing up. Yeah, I'm a huge fan of the Lupin franchise; love the anime and I'm still trying to find all of the movies. xD  Sorry about not listing the anime themselves, sometimes I get distracted by my dogs and forget what I'm doing.

Row 1: Nana, Monster, Lupin the 3rd (though I gotta say that Part 1 is my favorite out of the series).

Row 2: Mushishi, The Big O, Mononoke.

Row 3: Kids on the Slope, Cowboy Bebop, Megalo Box 2: Nomad. 

I didn't list mine either, so were both guilty of that over sight ha ha;

Row 1: Parasyte, Legend of the Galactic Heroes: The New Thesis, Steins Gate
Row 2: Monster, Psycho Pass, Ergo Proxy
Row 3: Fate Zero, Berserk and Wolfs Rain

3x3.png.d69796b88a163c41ebb919096cf4b192.png
decided to go with a facial hair motif 🥸

Star Blazers, Cowboy Bebop, MHA

Vinland Saga, Fate Zero, Golden Kamuy

Demon Slayer, Iruma-kun, FMAB

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

6 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

Decided to go with a facial hair motif 🥸

Star Blazers, Cowboy Bebop, MHA

Vinland Saga, Fate Zero, Golden Kamuy

Demon Slayer, Iruma-kun, FMAB

I've heard of most of those, but what is Golden Kanuy and Iruma-kun about? I don't think I've ever seen nor heard of those shows.

What are they about? 

@MediaConsumesMe I think you might enjoy Golden Kamuy. It’s set in the early 1900’s. At the center of it is a search for a hidden fortune in gold stolen from the Ainu (the Japanese equivalent of Native Americans or Inuit). The mastermind behind the theft left a “map” of how to find the treasure tattooed on the bodies of convicts he was imprisoned with before they escaped. Different factions are searching for the treasure as a way of funding their ambitions. The  central characters are a former Japanese soldier & a teenaged Ainu girl. There are actually some similarities to the classic westerns The Good, The Bad & The Ugly and True Grit. It’s definitely dark & violent. But alongside the action it also has a lot of character development for it’s cast plus it explores Ainu culture & historic events of the early 20th century (most notably repercussions of  the Russo-Japanese war & attempted assassination of Russia’s Alexander II). However it frequently has very broad & crude/vulgar humor (kinda like Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure sense of humor). IMO the further you get into the series, the better it gets. Season 3 resolved the previous cliffhanger & provided a lot of insight into various characters motives & the truth of the original incident. But it’s not the conclusion. I don’t know how far along the manga is since I keep hoping for a season 4. 

Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-kun is at the opposite end of the spectrum & doesn’t really align with your current preference for dark anime. It’s largely comedic & cartoonish and probably PG rated. The MC is a 14 year old “nice guy” who’s struggled to support his deadbeat parents. Things seem to hit a new low when they actually sell him to a demon. Turns out the demon is just jealous of his peers bragging about their grandchildren all the time, so he wants to adopt Iruma & dote on him. But humans are considered illegal immigrants (and possibly a food delucacy :P ) in the netherworld, so he has to keep his identity secret. As comedic as it is, there are some story developments. Iruma is gradually learning to not be such a doormat & actually cone up with personal goals & ambitions. He seems to have a natural talent for gaining the trust of his classmates. His “grandfather” used to be the chief advisor to the former Demon King & the throne is currently vacant. The Demon Realm used to be a lot more chaotic & evil before the former King instituted reforms & there’s a faction that wants to put things back to how they used to be. 

Edited by Ohayotaku

40 minutes ago, Ohayotaku said:

@MediaConsumesMe I think you might enjoy Golden Kamuy. It’s set in the early 1900’s. There are actually some similarities to the classic westerns The Good, The Bad & The Ugly and True Grit. It’s definitely dark & violent. But alongside the action it also has a lot of character development for it’s cast plus it explores Ainu culture & historic events of the early 20th century (most notably repercussions of  the Russo-Japanese war & attempted assassination of Russia’s Alexander II). However it frequently has very broad & crude/vulgar humor (kinda like Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure sense of humor). 

Okay that sounds up my street, I have a love for anything to do with historical or myth so that sounds really cool. Plus an anime dealing to the repercussions of the Russo-Japanese war sounds far to intresting to pass up. 

40 minutes ago, Ohayotaku said:

Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-kun is at the opposite end of the spectrum & doesn’t really align with your current preference for dark anime. 

Yeah, I know a couple guys who prefer more comedic, funny shows. So I'll yet them know about that defiantly. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MediaConsumesMe said:

Okay that sounds up my street, I have a love for anything to do with historical or myth so that sounds really cool. Plus an anime dealing to the repercussions of the Russo-Japanese war sounds far to intresting to pass up. 

12 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

coinky-dink... I just yesterday put Golden Kamuy on my to-binge list.  :)

Just wanted to re-emphasize the point that IMO the series keeps getting better as it progresses as we we learn more about the backstories & motives of the cast of characters & additional layers to the story are revealed. MAL also seems to bear it out:

season 1 - score: 7.85 , rank: #771

season 2 -  score: 8.22, rank: #295

season 3 - score: 8.45,  rank: #132

Okay so here's my 3X3 and it gives a pretty good picture of the types of anime I'm into. (if I don't say so myself)

758595811_3x3Anime.thumb.jpg.2aabf1e6af09cfff69cd0c42dd1087b5.jpg

Outlaw Star, Space Battleship Yamato 2199, Goblin Slayer, Mobile Suit Gundam 0080 War in the Pocket, Toradora!, Berserk (1997) Steins Gate, Wolfs Rain and Fate Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works

Unlike some @MediaConsumesMe I'm wasn't going to be a total try hard and just show all the most pretentious intellectual shows I've watched LMAO.
JK MediaConsumesMe JK 

AnonOl.gif.8bc5f3d405e5d4de8ffc19d453d1cba9.gif  Average Forum User reacting to my 3X3
I know  my tastes are pretty chad for a newbie ;)

Edited by MarathonGuy1337

4 minutes ago, MarathonGuy1337 said:

I know  my tastes are pretty chad for a newbie ;)

Berserk and Yamato are pretty good, wouldn't have expected Wolf's Rain. I don't really care for romance but given how Taiga is your waifu I can see why it made the 3x3. 

Goblin Slayer was a pretty good show, so no arguements there. Not sure which gundam that is.

Unlimited Blade Works was also good, wouldn't say it beat Zero, but it was still a good if not great show in its own right. Steins Gate is a classic so no argument here. 

So not a bad 3x3 all things considered, but if you think you have 'chad' tastes maybe you should try Baki or JoJo as I heard those shows are pretty Chad. 

Gundam 0080 War in the Pocket its a short 6 episode OVA series from like 1989 or something. As for the Zero thing I mean I watched it and all but I just preferred Unlimited Blade Works so I put it on the 3X3 Unlimited Blade Works was also good, wouldn't say it beat Zero. I haven't added either Jojo or Baki to MyAnimeLists but have added Hokuto no Ken which I'll get around to at some point or another. 

See the source image

Hokuto No Ken fans have patience with me it's like 100 episodes long
Edited by MarathonGuy1337

• 3 months later...

@Animedragon so lessee …

Cardcaptor Sakura, Clannad?, Fushigi Yuugi, ???, Macross, Magic Knight Rayearth, You’re Under Arrest, Noir & Bubblegum Crisis.

@Soramee_

???, Haruhi Suzimiya, Komi Can’t Communicate, ???, Lucky Star, Toradora, Bottom-tier … somebody, Nichijou, Konosuba.

How’d I do?

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Wow 1

9 hours ago, Soramee_ said:

650557931_anime3x32022avril.thumb.jpg.c6391883abc14fb900d3a1e1b3c33cef.jpg

nisekoi, haruhi suzumiya series, komi can't communicate, the world god only know, lucky star, toradora, jaku chara tomozaki kun, nichijou, konosuba 😅

9 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

@Animedragon so lessee …

Cardcaptor Sakura, Clannad?, Fushigi Yuugi, ???, Macross, Magic Knight Rayearth, You’re Under Arrest, Noir & Bubblegum Crisis.

@Soramee_

???, Haruhi Suzimiya, Komi Can’t Communicate, ???, Lucky Star, Toradora, Bottom-tier … somebody, Nichijou, Konosuba.

How’d I do?

You did well.  9/10

Top row: Cardcaptor Sakura. Clannad. Fushigi Yugi.
Middle row: Ef: A Tale of Memories. Macross. Magic Knight Rayearth.
Bottom row: You're Under Arrest. Noir. Bubblegum Crisis.

• Like 1

I've technically cheated by throwing a manga in there, but Berserk 1997 was my first anime and I'm hooked on the deluxe editions atm.

3x3.thumb.jpg.ae128bce44ea4e9fdf8d67101827fac8.jpg

5 hours ago, RZ. said:

I've technically cheated by throwing a manga in there, but Berserk 1997 was my first anime and I'm hooked on the deluxe editions atm.

3x3.thumb.jpg.ae128bce44ea4e9fdf8d67101827fac8.jpg

So I can see Steins; Gate top right, Berserk below that at middle right (1997 is awesome - the ending still sticks with me), Toradora at middle left. Fate Unlimited Blade Works at bottom left, I prefer Zero ever so slightly but I'm a sucker for all Fate related anime and finally at bottom right I can see Claymore. A series I have not yet finished, but I enjoyed what I watched. Otherwise the other shows on the 3x3 are a mystery to me, I mean I can read the middle image says 'Noein' but I've never seen it till now.

Also the one above that I've seen somewhere - but I can't place the name. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MediaConsumesMe said:

So I can see Steins; Gate top right, Berserk below that at middle right (1997 is awesome - the ending still sticks with me), Toradora at middle left. Fate Unlimited Blade Works at bottom left, I prefer Zero ever so slightly but I'm a sucker for all Fate related anime and finally at bottom right I can see Claymore. A series I have not yet finished, but I enjoyed what I watched. Otherwise the other shows on the 3x3 are a mystery to me, I mean I can read the middle image says 'Noein' but I've never seen it till now.

Also the one above that I've seen somewhere - but I can't place the name. 

I also prefer Zero, I just put UBW to signify Fate as a franchise. Same with Berserk.

The top left is Darker than Black which is semi-popular. It has a cult following but never got widespread acclaim, hence why we're probably never going to get a third season :(

Noein is a masterpiece. If you liked Steins;Gate then it may well be up your street.

The bottom middle is Black Clover, which everyone seems to hate. I like it because I don't have to think too much whilst I watch it. Kinda like Rwby. And the top middle is Inuyasha!

Edited by RZ.