Post anime, manga, or manhwa that you think interesting

Mui980

Question

Recently I created a fanpage on Instagram that discusses news or interesting things in anime, manga and manhwa. May I ask for recommendations for anime, manga, or manhwa that are popular in this season?

Edited by Mui980
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

15 answers to this question

If we’re talking the Fall 2021 season of anime that’s just wrapping up my favorites were: 86 • Mushoku Tensei • Demon Slayer • Ranking of Kings • Mieruko-chan

54 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

That one was fun.  I'm not a big fan of mecha in general but I liked the ending.  The ED, Sora to Kimi no Message, was cool too.

I am kinda ambivalent on the mecha anime - I like some, dislike the others - but I really like postapocalyptic settings. Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress also seem like it might be nice, but I will only watch it after I finish Gargantia.

• Like 1

Fate Zero, Psycho Pass or Madoka Magica. If tragedy is not your style then perhaps Steins Gate. Other than that Berserk (1997) or Monster are again great choices. 

Not sure what manhwa is however, and as for Manga obviously I know Monster and Berserk are Manga source but I haven't read much Manga. But if there anime are anything to go on then they must be awesome manga too. 

• Like 2

On 1/17/2022 at 1:54 AM, MediaConsumesMe said:

Fate Zero, Psycho Pass or Madoka Magica. If tragedy is not your style then perhaps Steins Gate. Other than that Berserk (1997) or Monster are again great choices. 

Not sure what manhwa is however, and as for Manga obviously I know Monster and Berserk are Manga source but I haven't read much Manga. But if there anime are anything to go on then they must be awesome manga too. 

Manhwa is basically Korean equivalent to Manga. One difference I noticed is that Manga tends to be black-and-white, while Manhwa is often (maybe even always) in color.

When it comes to Manhwa, I really liked Black Haze. Though you will find it searching for "Black Haze manga", ironically enough.

4 hours ago, Aldarion said:

Manhwa is basically Korean equivalent to Manga. One difference I noticed is that Manga tends to be black-and-white, while Manhwa is often (maybe even always) in color.

When it comes to Manhwa, I really liked Black Haze. Though you will find it searching for "Black Haze manga", ironically enough.

Oh cool, its interesting to see all the different terms that pop up for different mediums. such as BD's for French and Belgian comics to differentiate itself from British or American Comics which often just go by Comic Book or Graphic Novel. 

Anime: Parasyte: The Maxim, Zankyou No Terror, Texhnolyze, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Serial Experiments Lain.

Manga: Kokou no Hito, Fort of Apocalypse, Jisatsutou, Tantei Xeno to Nanatsu no Satsujin Misshitsu.

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

Kaikumeki Valvrave. A mecha anime set in space, with students of a school piloting mecha after an empire tries to take over their space habitat. Also, space vampires. Overall, not exactly your average mecha anime.

Buddy Complex. Kinda similar to Valvrave, except not set in space and with no space vampires. Still interesting, and the "buddy" system the mecha utilize makes it rather distinct.

Casshern Sins. A postapocalyptic story rather heavy on philosophy - what does it mean to be human? What does it mean to live?

Also, I finished Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress. It is a really good story.

Edited by Aldarion
expansion

On 2/14/2022 at 10:18 PM, Aldarion said:

Kaikumeki Valvrave. A mecha anime set in space, with students of a school piloting mecha after an empire tries to take over their space habitat. Also, space vampires. Overall, not exactly your average mecha anime.

Buddy Complex. Kinda similar to Valvrave, except not set in space and with no space vampires. Still interesting, and the "buddy" system the mecha utilize makes it rather distinct.

Casshern Sins. A postapocalyptic story rather heavy on philosophy - what does it mean to be human? What does it mean to live?

Also, I finished Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress. It is a really good story.

forgot bout reading this post and thought i had replied

ive also watched and enjoyed Kaikumeki Valvrave and Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress

tho i hadnt heard of the other 2

now have them queued to watch thanks

hope they as good as the trailers suggest

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wodahs said:

forgot bout reading this post and thought i had replied

ive also watched and enjoyed Kaikumeki Valvrave and Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress

tho i hadnt heard of the other 2

now have them queued to watch thanks

hope they as good as the trailers suggest

I enjoyed them both. Casshern Sins is somewhat slow, with lot of exposition and philosophy, but... let's just say that I started watching the anime at 7 PM, and didn't stop until 6 AM. Basically, I binge-watched entire 24 episodes in two days.

Buddy Complex wasn't that gripping, but I still had trouble stopping when I started watching it.

• Like 1