Hi I'm a new user who has just stumbled my way on in!

MarathonGuy1337

spacer.png

I recently just found out about the forum from a friend. Since I'm into anime I figured it be great to meet some like mind fellow men/women of culture and find out about any cool new or retro shows from other people with a similar interest.

Basically I got into anime a few years back when going to college, watching a a couple different shows. Such as Space Battleship Yamato 2199, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Toradora! among a few others but got more into anime during the lock-down situation. I'm now into all sorts of anime; be them modern or retro, science fiction or slice of life, serious or comedic, long running or a short OVA. Looking forward to any suggestions for what to watch next!

I can post a link to MyAnimeList if anyone's interested in any shows I've got under my belt so just ask and I'll post it. Peace.

Welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy it here 😁

I first got into anime watching Star Blazers which was the Americanized version of the series Space Battleship Yamato 2199 is an update of. I also recognize Captain Tylor from my anime on VHS days 😂 So, you can probably tell I’ve been around anime for a lonnnnnggg time :P My tastes are pretty varied but my favorite genres are probably fantasy & supernatural.

You can link to your MAL account on your profile page if you want. There’s also a topic where you can post it https://animeforums.net/topic/10601-post-your-anime-list/page/4/#comments

though I kinda derailed it recently (sorry, I’m a bit of a rambler)

Hope you decide to stick around.

Edited by Ohayotaku

@MarathonGuy1337 Think I might be able to help you out 😁

For comedies similar to Slayers I recommend (Louie the) Rune Soldier, Konosuba, Gokudo & The Hero is Overpowered but Overly Cautious (Cautious Hero).

For scifi comedies, maybe Coyote Ragtime Show (not an actual comedy, but kinda tongue in cheek). Legend of Black Heaven might work too.  For straight up parodies/satire try Space Dandy & Space Battleship Tiramusu. Also, I’ve heard of a series called Lost Universe by the same writer as Slayers, but never watched it.

Hopefully some of these will be to your liking.

Edited by Ohayotaku

Welcome to the Insanity! We are all a lil crazy...some more than others..*ducks flying pie pan* Who threw that??

In all seriousness, I recommend what I am currently watching now. You're Under Arrest. It's a retro anime, but one that has been a favorite of mine for a while. Enjoy your time with us...*gets bit by newbie* Hey! That hurt!! *watches as newbie scurries into dimensional portal* ......shoot...