What are the worst anime you've watched?

MediaConsumesMe

9 hours ago, ohnoitsanotaku said:

I watched an anime called "in another world with my smartphone" and my god, was it awful. It starts out like many isekai where the ML dies (accidentally by god's hand) and gets reincarnated into a magical world with OP stats. God grants him one request and he asks to keep his smartphone. It's fun at first because he's teaching people all sorts of new things, but it quickly turns harem with no more focus on adventure and learning new skills and no more conflicts. Everything is handed to him on a silver spoon and eventually, god basically tells him that "monogamy isn't common here, so have your way with all of them!" and he gains like 5 wives. No plot, zero character development, and incredibly unnecessary cat fight scenes over some lame dude who can't make up his mind. I did finish it, but regretted literally every moment from the start. 

An unholy combination of Iseaki and Harem. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ohnoitsanotaku said:

I watched an anime called "in another world with my smartphone" and my god, was it awful. It starts out like many isekai where the ML dies (accidentally by god's hand) and gets reincarnated into a magical world with OP stats. God grants him one request and he asks to keep his smartphone. It's fun at first because he's teaching people all sorts of new things, but it quickly turns harem with no more focus on adventure and learning new skills and no more conflicts. Everything is handed to him on a silver spoon and eventually, god basically tells him that "monogamy isn't common here, so have your way with all of them!" and he gains like 5 wives. No plot, zero character development, and incredibly unnecessary cat fight scenes over some lame dude who can't make up his mind. I did finish it, but regretted literally every moment from the start. 

I was reading the manga when it was first serialized and when the harem part came in I just dropped it since it was so bad.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ohnoitsanotaku said:

watched an anime called "in another world with my smartphone

Per my MAL I made it through episode 5. Mildly amusing at first, but got bored of it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Soramee_ said:

I was reading the manga when it was first serialized and when the harem part came in I just dropped it since it was so bad.

Yeah, it was so, so bad I hate even admitting I watched to the end lol 

17 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

Per my MAL I made it through episode 5. Mildly amusing at first, but got bored of it.

Yeah! I was like, "okay, potentially cool", very quickly tanked. 

• Agree 1

diabolik lovers. idk maybe manga is better than anime but film adaptation is awful. i didn't understand meaning and also there is no character development :(

sorry if i wrote something wrong, english isn't my native language

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a couple of contenders for the "worst anime" title.

Kokoro Connect. An odd plot where various weird things happen to a group of school students, and at the en there's no explanation of why they happened.

I'll also add Fireworks to my nominations. I found this movie very confusing and rather like a damp squib.

32 minutes ago, MediaConsumesMe said:

Yes, this show was so damn bad. I remember getting over half way through some time after the Karate episode and was like I done, I can't watch anymore of this utter none sense. 

You didn't miss anything, I kept watching and hoping for some explanations but got none.

• Informative 1

Honestly, Pupa. This anime to me had a terrible and at times laughable plot. The animation was alright but somewhat goofy. Same with the voice acting. Scaling this anime to some of the other anime that people brought up in this thread; it doesn't really meet the mark as a really horrible anime. However, it is the worst I've seen. 
Me and my friends actually watched it in a discord call and we made a comedic fandub of the first episode after viewing it. Unfortunately, weeks later my computer's drive corrupted lmao so the brilliant fandub we made went into the ether.  

https://myanimelist.net/anime/19315/Pupa - Link to Pupa if you want to actually watch it. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While I'd not want to suggest that My Hime was one of the worst anime series made, and it's not by a long shot. It has an interesting and serious premise and storyline, but in my view it suffers from having far too many pointless filler episodes and a silly feral cat-girl both of which drag the story down.
This storyline of this series had a good concept behind it, it took a good shot at the target, but sadly missed the bullseye by quite a margin which is a shame because it had so much going for it.

• Like 1

Ai Yori Aoshi. I wouldn't put this among the worst anime I've seen, but I would put it firmly among the most disappointing series I've seen.

It starts of with Kaoru, a college student who lives on his own, meeting a pretty girl dressed in a kimono at a Tokyo railway station she's clearly lost and bewildered so he offers to help her find the address she's looking for. It turns out that she's Aoi his childhood friend, and betrothed fiancée, who has left her wealthy family's home to come a live with him.

So in the first four episodes the stage is set for an interesting slice-of-life story about two young people living in a small Tokyo apartment against the wishes of the girl's family who are trying to convince her to return home.
Then episode five starts, and oh, dear, Kauru's former girlfriends and female acquaintances start arriving on the scene and BAM the series has plunged into harem anime territory.

I have this idea that there may have been some sort of disagreement among the production team with this series because the episodes swing back and forth between being a harem show and a serious slice of life show about two young people's relationship and as a result fails at being either.

There was a second series, I saw the first two episodes at an animecon which convinced me not to bother with it.

• Like 1

Watched the 1st episode of a series called Ryoko’s Case Files on Retrocrush. I think it would be a serious contender if I bothered to watch any more.

• Like 1