Winter 2022 Anime Season

Ohayotaku

https://www.livechart.me/winter-2022/tv

Figured I’d go ahead & create a topic for this even though most members on here seem to prefer binge watching series rather than as they air.

Honestly, not as much as much as usual catching my eye thus time around though there always turn out to be at least a couple surprises. Going into the season:

DEFINITELY: Attack on Titan • Demon Slayer • Ranking of Kings • Princess Connect Redive • Lord El Melloi (2hr special)

PROBABLY: Case Study of Vanitas • Teasing Master Takagi 

MAYBE: Love of Kill • Tribe Nine • My Dress up Darling • Rust Eater Bisco • In The Land of Leasdale • Freak Angels

What about everyone else?

Edited by Ohayotaku

39 minutes ago, Ohayotaku said:

Figured I’d go ahead & create a topic for this even though most members on here seem to prefer binge watching series rather than as they air.

I put my hands up an admit it I binge watch shows. However that because I wait for Dubs, and that usually means the blue-ray or DVD has been released. So generally an older show is more likely to have a complete dub out so it makes it easier to watch. However there are new shows I've seen announced, which look really awesome which means I'll be waiting a long time to watch them. I thing at least four to five shows I really enjoyed in the past are getting another season or film so that means there's plenty to watch in the future (so long as they get a dub), however given the series I'm talking about that not to much of an issue, I feel LOTGH season 2 will likely get a dub.

In a bit of a surprise, HiDive picked up exclusive streaming rights to Takagi season 3. So I’ll more likely wait till it ends & binge it, because I really don’t need another subscription right now. Though it seems like I’ll be more focused on my PTW list than currently airing series.

• 3 months later...
On 12/22/2021 at 2:02 AM, Ohayotaku said:

Honestly, not as much as much as usual catching my eye thus time around though there always turn out to be at least a couple surprises. Going into the season:

DEFINITELY: Attack on Titan • Demon Slayer • Ranking of Kings • Princess Connect Redive • Lord El Melloi (2hr special)

PROBABLY: Case Study of Vanitas • Teasing Master Takagi 

MAYBE: Love of Kill • Tribe Nine • My Dress up Darling • Rust Eater Bisco • In The Land of Leasdale • Freak Angels

What about everyone else?

I watched Tribe Nine. I was pretty invested for the first three eps but then it just went 📉 for me.. especially after a certain incident took place 👀 I mean it's just my opinion. Still completed it tho and I enjoyed the last fight scene.

As for Case Study of Vanitas, can someone tell me if it's worth watching?? I've seen divided opinions about it. 

Planning to start on Koroshi Ai

3 hours ago, Animesta_MidnightLove said:

As for Case Study of Vanitas, can someone tell me if it's worth watching?? I've seen divided opinions about it. 

Of titles you mentioned I feel like Vanitas was the most solid. My biggest complaint was I wasn’t particularly fond of any of the characters. Vanitas in particular is intentionally obnoxious, but I’m more sympathetic towards him after learning some of his backstory in the 2nd cour. I feel like that there is a lot of potential for worldbuilding that hasn’t been realized yet & if it gets a continuation I would check it out.

Tribe Nine: yeah that “incident” kinda came out of nowhere but honestly didn’t pack much of an emotional punch. And the series itself didn’t seem to have any real structure to it. I guess it was trying to be cool more than anything, but didn’t work for me even though I finished it.

Love of Kill: again characterization was a weak point. The ML’s persistent unwanted advances made him pretty creepy & the FL didn’t have much of a personality, though it fit with the traumatic amnesia. It started to look promising when it started digging into their backstories & how they were connected to each other, but found the ending anticlimactic. Probably wouldn’t watch a 2nd cour/season.

My favorites from the season were AOT (even though we have to wait until next year for the finale. And Demon Slayer (though the last fight relied too heavily on @$$pulls). As far as new series, I enjoyed My Dress-up Darling although it would have benefitted from less ecchiness IMO. A lot of folks were disappointed that it didn’t focus more on the technical aspects of cosplay, but the focus was much more on Gojo & Marin’s developing relationship. And liking what you like no matter what others think/say (a pretty relatable theme  when it comes to anime & manga). The final ep went a long way in making me want to see the story continue. I also enjoyed Miss Kuroitsu of the Monster Development Department. Though it’s probably more of a niche title as a parody of series like Kamen Rider/Ultraman/Power Rangers. Though it does demonstrate some heart as well with some lowkey feelz mixed in with the comedy.

Edited by Ohayotaku