Heavy Metal Fans?

Deeath

You like Heavy Metal? Or just Metal in general? Then this is the Topic for you! 

There are HUNDREDS of subgenres of Metal, but here are the TOP Metal genres that are enjoyed by the community.

• Death Metal
  • Black Metal
  • Doom Metal
  • Gothic Metal
  • Folk Metal
  • Depressive Metal

And MUCH more. In this topic you can share your love for Heavy Metal, no matter what Genre it is. 

Discuss or share songs/bands with others and enjoy yourself!

Since I created this topic, I might as well be the first to respond. I have a love for ALL metal, buuuutt...Let me just say, I have a few Albums/Songs (which can be found on youtube) that I really enjoy. Here are some of them.

Hån - Breathing the Void (Full Album Premiere) (Black Metal)

Nasa - Dopesmoker (Stoner Metal)

P.O.D. - Youth of the Nation (Nu Metal)

Behemoth - O Father O Satan O Sun! (Death Metal)

Not going to promote any other websites, but here is Metal Archives Metal Archives A very great website for Metal fans :)

My taste in music is pretty eclectic but I have been known to do metal on occasion.  I'm kind of a sucker for themed albums like Blind Guardians NIME (if you don't feel the desire to [re]read The Silmarillion after The Curse of Feanor or Thorn then you're beyond help) or Ayeon's whole Universal Migrator epic is another bit of awesome.  Another fun one is Lucassen's Star One... match the tune to the pop sci-fi movie.  TURISAS's Stand Up and Fight is better than hard liquor for medicinal applications.  Another band that I've apparently been keeping on rotation recently according to my Spotify is Threshold .. eg.  SlipstreamAshes is also good.

Edited by efaardvark
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, efaardvark said:

My taste in music is pretty eclectic but I have been known to do metal on occasion.  I'm kind of a sucker for themed albums like Blind Guardians NIME (if you don't feel the desire to [re]read The Silmarillion after The Curse of Feanor or Thorn then you're beyond help) or Ayeon's whole Universal Migrator epic is another bit of awesome.  Another fun one is Lucassen's Star One... match the tune to the pop sci-fi movie.  TURISAS's Stand Up and Fight is better than hard liquor for medicinal applications.  Another band that I've apparently been keeping on rotation recently according to my Spotify is Threshold .. eg.  SlipstreamAshes is also good.

You have fine taste my friend ;) 

I’m not really a fan of Metal, but there are some Metal covers I really like

Also, I think it’s considered more hard rock than heavy metal, but I do like me some Def Leppard

• Love it! (Daisuki) 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nunslaughter - great band, they have satanic lyrical themes within...well...all their songs, and can be pretty raw and hardcore if you think about it. They are a slight mix of Death/Black metal...if you like this kinda stuff, check them out and support them!

Edited by PogFrog
other post was too rated R...sorry :,(

I would describe myself as being more into Synthwave or Progressive Rock/Metal. Even now, I would say that I still have a soft spot in my heart for metal though. At one point, it was indeed my favorite music genre.

Some old school metal from back in the day when Wrestling still had great gimmicks. Most people in my generation never knew that Barry Darsow was once known as Smash. Although still choreographed and scripted, sports entertainment used to have a certain style about it. Nowadays...bland.

• Agree 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

• 5 weeks later...

There's a few songs I like above others. A few bands I like more than others too. I love Mushroomhead, been listening to them ever since high school. Devildriver, Mastodon, Demon Hunter, A Dark Halo. I'll post the songs from my favorite bands.

Spoiler

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/30/2021 at 6:15 AM, efaardvark said:

I has same taste of music is pretty eclectic ,but still a like some metal and hard metal songs. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...