Fate: Prototype

MediaConsumesMe

I stumbled on a Fate OVA a few months back called Fate Prototype, it was only subbed and I never got round to watching it. A bit later I found a fan dub on an internet achieve - issue was the quality was messed up must have been 360p or lower, so again I didn't watch it. A while after that, won Arthur Pendragon on Fate Grand Order with a very lucky roll, and today found a clean version of the anime - 720p up on Youtube and decided to bash together a nicer looking 'dub'.

The story whilst rushed was pretty interesting and got me thinking if it be cool if they made a full adaptation of it. Hell I'd settle for a 12 episode short series. It likely won't happen, as I bet the future of Fate adaptations are Fate Cosmos Babylonia and possible (here's hoping) a Fate: Fake Strange and possible Fate Hollowed Ataraxia however I still think a Prototype anime would be pretty cool. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Soramee_ said:

If You are interested there is a prequel name fate/prototype Fragments of Sky Silver and a side story call fate/labyrinth

Yeah, I've seen those online but I can never trace English versions for the life of me. I complied a version of Garden of Avalon (pretty sure it was complete) and it took weeks of going all over the place from Steam Posts, random Light Novel translation sites and using a transcript from a audio book and bashing that with scenes form the Apocrypha and Fate Stay Night anime. The Frankenstein I ended up creating was surprisingly alright. 

Also I finished the OVA with English dub and ended up finding a better quality version of the OVA, so it now looking crisp at 1080p. 

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

9 minutes ago, MediaConsumesMe said:

Yeah, I've seen those online but I can never trace English versions for the life of me. I complied a version of Garden of Avalon (pretty sure it was complete) and it took weeks of going all over the place from Steam Posts, random Light Novel translation sites and using a transcript from a audio book and bashing that with scenes form the Apocrypha and Fate Stay Night anime. The Frankenstein I ended up creating was surprisingly alright.

I've search for an English translation of garden of Avalon and I couldn't find one. I don't understand how you did this but this is impressive 🤩 . I don't know what to say 😳. I would never been able to do something like that.

On 1/4/2022 at 12:12 AM, Soramee_ said:

I've search for an English translation of garden of Avalon and I couldn't find one. I don't understand how you did this but this is impressive 🤩 . I don't know what to say 😳. I would never been able to do something like that.

Yeah, I started a few months ago. Got frustrated and stopped, then I came back at it and well eventually a few days later I finished the book. I think most the chapters I had to use the audiobook to get the dialogue, and the expository 'thoughts' I used to structure the text. Some chapters had been thankfully completed due to other's efforts, but a lot were missing. This is by no ways the complete text, and certainly I was forced to make liberties, but I tried to stay true to the source wherever such liberties were taken. 

But I'll upload a copy for you to download, if It works. 

Edited by MediaConsumesMe
Just gonna make some adjustments of the file

12 hours ago, MediaConsumesMe said:

Fate_ Garden of Avalon.pdf 30.27 MB · 1 download

Yeah, I started a few months ago. Got frustrated and stopped, then I came back at it and well eventually a few days later I finished the book. I think most the chapters I had to use the audiobook to get the dialogue, and the expository 'thoughts' I used to structure the text. Some chapters had been thankfully completed due to other's efforts, but a lot were missing. This is by no ways the complete text, and certainly I was forced to make liberties, but I tried to stay true to the source wherever such liberties were taken. 

But I'll upload a copy for you to download, if It works. 

Thank you so much for the copy 😁 and yes it's working perfectly 👍. I'm going to read it right now.

24 minutes ago, MediaConsumesMe said:

Turns out I wasn't the only one, seam's there was a team doing a translation project. They released there's about two weeks ago. That's pretty cool, I'll provide the link about for you to check out. 

I would never have expect that but that's cool! Thanks for the link 😁.

No problem. The font they used is a little big, but you could just copy and past into a Google Doc and adjust it to preference if it's an issue. 

I sort of wonder how there direct translations and my clumsy efforts at bashing audio drama translations, anime dub lines, the opening panels from a manga and pure inventions differ. 

Also I finally finished the edit for the fate Prototype fan dub. That took way longer than it needed too.

Funny enough the dub grew on me in the end. At first I thought it was a little cringe but emeshing myself in editing that fan dub now as me appreciating how the guy who voiced Arthur said the line 'saber'. 

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

53 minutes ago, MediaConsumesMe said:

I sort of wonder how there direct translations and my clumsy efforts at bashing audio drama translations, anime dub lines, the opening panels from a manga and pure inventions differ. 

Tomorrow morning I'll check what are the difference between the two and give you feedback. Well if I remember... 😅

1 hour ago, MediaConsumesMe said:

Also I finally finished the edit for the fate Prototype fan dub. That took way longer than it needed too.

Funny enough the dub grew on me in the end. At first I thought it was a little cringe but emeshing myself in editing that fan dub now as me appreciating how the guy who voiced Arthur said the line 'saber'. 

You are doing fan dub 😳! That's so cool 🤩 

6 hours ago, Soramee_ said:

You are doing fan dub 😳! That's so cool 🤩 

I didn't make the Dan dub, I found it on internet archive. However the quality of the video up on there left as a lot to be desired. 

For a time I didn't think I could fix it as the only uploaded prototype video's on YouTube were full of locked subtitles. However I then found a clean version with no subtitles. 

At that point it was just a matter of editing the fan dub and the animation together. I made some improvements, tinkered with a couple scenes. Luckily the dub was mostly in sync. 

I'll upload it later today, gonna give it one last check to look out for errors. 

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

5 hours ago, MediaConsumesMe said:

I didn't make the Dan dub, I found it on internet archive. However the quality of the video up on there left as a lot to be desired. 

For a time I didn't think I could fix it as the only uploaded prototype video's on YouTube were full of locked subtitles. However I then found a clean version with no subtitles. 

At that point it was just a matter of editing the fan dub and the animation together. I made some improvements, tinkered with a couple scenes. Luckily the dub was mostly in sync. 

I'll upload it later today, gonna give it one last check to look out for errors. 

even tough it's still cool 👍

5 hours ago, MediaConsumesMe said:

@Soramee_

Here it is, the dub was by a group called Dubsquad and I think the original edit was done by a group called Vulagr Daikaiju Productions. So this is my re-edit, if you see any mistakes let me know and I'll attempt to fix any errors. 

I'll watch it tomorrow morning since I'm getting sleepy right now but anyway Ty for the dub and I will review it 😁

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

seriously I didn't see any problem with the syncing. this is a really good job 👍. the only problem I had was that between 6:40 and 6:49 there where multiple voices stacking up on each other making it less understandable. 

• Informative 1

11 hours ago, Soramee_ said:

seriously I didn't see any problem with the syncing. this is a really good job 👍. the only problem I had was that between 6:40 and 6:49 there where multiple voices stacking up on each other making it less understandable. 

6:40 to 6:49 takes place during that very weird montage sequence. In the subbed version you can find online it ends with a similar cacophony of Japanese voice overs and massive walls of subs. Not kidding. Sadly when it came to making prototype, the direction for it was to be like a trailer for a potential what if series. So that sequence plays out to show off the different character motivations and plot beats of the story. It not the greatest.

I've only slightly altered the opening, bringing the images at the start more in line with the music beats. But thanks for the feedback @Soramee_, if the guys who did this dub originally still have there original non-edited takes it would make editing this a lot easier. And might even make the changes you suggested possible. However I'd imagine the team behind this fan dub has long since disbanded. 

• Like 1