What's the coolest thing an Anime can do?

MediaConsumesMe

You're watching an anime and a moment occurs, something that you personally think is super cool and awesome. For me it anytime the opening or ending song is referenced in the show; in Ergo Proxy one of the episodes begins with the main character having to guess the opening in a quiz, the other time I can remember this happening is when in Madoka Magica an instrumental version of the song plays during there time at an arcada and again in Rebellion, Madoka Magica Side Story also did it with the opening song playing on the radio in one of the episodes and more recently when I watched Paranoia Agent in the episode Mellow Maromi when it begins to play on the Radio in the car.

Those are just some of the instances I can remember it happening in Anime I've watched and there always some of my favourite moments. I have no idea why, but like Cold Opens I just think it really good for some reason. But what are some of you're guys favourite moments in anime. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MediaConsumesMe said:

You're watching an anime and a moment occurs, something that you personally think is super cool and awesome. For me it anytime the opening or ending song is referenced in the show; in Ergo Proxy one of the episodes begins with the main character having to guess the opening in a quiz, the other time I can remember this happening is when in Madoka Magica an instrumental version of the song plays during there time at an arcada and again in Rebellion, Madoka Magica Side Story also did it with the opening song playing on the radio in one of the episodes and more recently when I watched Paranoia Agent in the episode Mellow Maromi when it begins to play on the Radio in the car.

Those are just some of the instances I can remember it happening in Anime I've watched and there always some of my favourite moments. I have no idea why, but like Cold Opens I just think it really good for some reason. But what are some of you're guys favourite moments in anime. 

I don't know if this count but when the second season of the devil is a part timer just dropped out of nowhere on YouTube AFTER 9 or 10 year since the first season... That was the best moment of my entire life. Also the first time the Eurobeat music came out of nowhere in initial d This was a magical moment.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I love when an anime makes me either want to punch something out of excitement or anger. When I would watch a lot of shounen stuff (Onepiece, Naruto, Dragonball)  when I was younger I would sometimes stand up and like stomp or something like that. Testosterone is one hell of a hormone.

• Like 1

My answer would be pretty much the same as for books.  The medium is cheap enough that a person - or small group of people - with a vision can enunciate that vision pretty much directly to the reader or viewer without the distortion of too many intermediaries.  So much mass entertainment these days is so processed, politically-correct, and focused on the bottom line that it isn't even engaging, never mind things like fun or inspiring.  However, anime is one place where interesting content can still happen frequently enough to make it worth making a habit.  Not that every anime is good of course.  In fact, Theodore Sturgeon - an old-school science fiction writer - once paraphrased Arouet (aka Voltaire) by saying that 90% of everything is crap.  (He also went on to say that any genre should be judged by the other 10%.)  I tend to agree.  But maybe for anime the good stuff is more like 15 or 20%.

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When I finish watching an anime and I feel like something is missing from my life. I very, very rarely experience this. There's lots of shows I think are brilliant, but there's probably only a handful that left me feeling that way. Evangelion, Steins;Gate, Darker than Black, Noein. I had it very recently with Toradora which was a surprise as I'm not usually a fan of rom-coms. I also had it with Inuyasha but it has been remedied somewhat with the release of Yashahime.

Speaking of Toradora and moments, the kiss in the final episode was probably one of the most anticipated things I've seen in an anime 😅

Edited by RZ.
  • Agree 1
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1