The Sports Topic

Deeath

OKAY!!!
I don't know how many of you guys are into sports, but I did some digging and did NOT find a Topic related to sports. So here we are..
(please tell me if there is already a topic for this)

Now, as for me, I would say I enjoy sports...I watch football and basketball, other than that, I have no interest in the other sports...such as Baseball, Tennis, Golf, etc. 
But what kind of sports do you like? What teams do you like? What got you into sports? Have you ever played a sport(s) yourself? 
This topic is just for anything SPORTS related, so there we go my fellow peers. 

(All Time Favourite Teams)

• Michigan
  • Toronto Raptors
  • Dallas Cowboys
  • Steelers (don't burn me to a crisp Browns fans..)

Those are my top 4, I just recently gotten into sports about a year in a half ago, so I don't have much at the moment..

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

I played baseball when I was younger, and slow-pitch softball in my 20s. As far as watching sports, I really only watch College Football. My fav team is the Florida Gators, my entire family roots for them and I grew up in that so it was only natural.

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

Screenshot 2022-01-25 12.31.36 PM.png

As much hate as the Steelers get (in my household), this is the game I am waiting for. 
Who do you support? Cleveland Browns or Pittsburgh Steelers?

• 2 months later...

So sports is like half of my life, I've played my whole life due to my parents and just other reasons, I also watch sports.

Sports I play at the moment: Basketball, American Football, Tennis and I Rock Climb. 

Sports I used to play: Football (Soccer),  Volleyball, Gaelic Football, Hurling, Horse Riding, Badminton, Athletics (long jump and sprinting), Table Tennis, Golf; And that's all I can remember right now.   

I got into sports like GAA and Football (Soccer) due to family and other sports were my own interests.

Basketball has to be my main sport and as it's not that big around here, I fell in love with it due to seeing a highlight reel of Kobe Bryant. 

My favourite teams have to be: 

Basketball - Lakers (players: D.Rose, C.Sexton, J. Morant,  K.Bryant, E.Bryant (overseas)) 

American Football - Seahawks (players: Michael Pittman Jr, Odell Beckham Jr,  Tyreek Hill.) 

Baseball - Yankees

Ice Hockey - LA Kings or The Mighty Ducks ;) (players: Connor Mcdavids)  

Football (Soccer) - Rangers FC (Scotland), Spurs (Premier League) Real Madrid (La Liga) (players: Garath Bale, Andrew Robertson, Ronaldo)

GAA - Obviously my county ;) 

Tennis (players) -  Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray and Nick Kyrgios 

Climbers - Janja Garnbret, Nathaniel Coleman, Miho Nonaka, Adam Ondra, Akiyo Noguchi, Tomoa Narasaki, Ashima Shiraishi, Alex Honnold and Magnus Midtbo.

That's all I gotta say folks! :D

Keep loving sports! <3 

Edited by Metro
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

• 1 month later...

Currently watched the Celtics vs Golden State Basketball match on ESPN
Close match, Golden State is taking the lead, but Celtics aren't far back at all, I think the Celtics can really pull this game in. 

Rooting for the Celtics! 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a season ticket holder at Barnsley FC (that's an English "soccer" team for the Americans) and have been since I was about 15.

I also occasionally watched Snooker

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

1 hour ago, RZ. said:

I'm a season ticket holder at Barnsley FC (that's an English "soccer" team for the Americans) and have been since I was about 15.

I also occasionally watched Snooker

Interesting! I planned on doing more research on English teams, glad to see this!

20 hours ago, deaaath said:

Interesting! I planned on doing more research on English teams, glad to see this!

I've been to quite a few away games in my time so far. Liverpool, Manchester City, and a couple of days out in Wembley were probably the most prestigous. I've visited some brilliant smaller clubs though, notably Accrington Stanley and Altrincham for an FA Cup tie (which we lost 1-0 in the pooring rain lol).

Also, MK Dons have the nicest stadium. The only one I've ever been to that had cushioned seats!