Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny

Optic

Discussion topic for Gundam SEED Destiny!

Better late than never. ;)

I'll start off with a question that has been bugging me for awhile.

We see Neo commanding the Phantom Pain unit, though towards the end after his mask comes off he is revealed to be physically the same as Mu La Flaga from SEED. Over time we then discover that though his original memory was erased he still remembers certain things such as the Archangel's communication code for the bridge and flashbacks such as the emergency landing back in Orb on the Archangel. Eventually he remembers everything else after deflecting the Minerva's attack against the Archangel...

But... was it ever implied how he lost his memory in the first place or how he was captured with his memory erased to command the Phantom Pain unit? It seems so vague!

I remembered it the other way round, he was rescued and had his memories tweaked instead.

It was deja vu that triggered his real past and he started to regain himself.

The plot didn't cover much of it in depth... Not sure if the Gundam Wikia could be of help.

It just felt a little farfetched to me, we saw the Strike COMPLETELY OBLITERATED from that attack back in SEED. He survived that?! <_<

You can see why that's been bugging me. ;)

On another note, SEED Destiny's ending felt rushed, though it was immensely satisfying seeing Athrun give Shinn a piece of his mind with the Justice. :P But Shinn never did make amends with Kira. There must be another ending surely!!

There is actually a few different endings for SEED Destiny. Not really different, more of a different edition. There was the normal ending that accompanied the anime which I believed is the rushed one. Then there is the Final Plus version which shows a little extra of what you were looking for.

It's at this link

Can't seem to embed the video in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlLVQ4yPVs

Now THAT was the ending and closure I was craving for. Awesome.

Shinn really is an intriguing character, after all that hatred and determination in his duels against the Freedom I really was wondering how he would react when he would meet Kira (now knowing he was piloting the Freedom). Great to see they finally made amends.

Cheers for that Fab. ^_^

About embedding YouTube videos, you can just copy and paste the full URL (not the embed code) and it will automatically convert it when the post is displayed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Noted and thanks Optic. By the way, there is one more extended ending in Gundam SEED Destiny: Special Edition, it shows a little extra of the relationship and what some of them did after the war.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plpXW5lY9js

Awwhh.... Kira and Lacus reunited. Strange seeing him in a ZAFT uniform though. BUT wait wait wait wait... Why does Shinn and Lunamaria have that "Huh?!" look when Kira and Lacus hug each other. I'm just nitpicking now. :P And great to see Lacus back in ZAFT.

In other news according to RagnaRulZ, looks like Destiny will be getting the HD Remaster treatment too. Exciting. :D

• 1 year later...

One of a very few anime that I don't really have a favourite anime character =O Some I like but not one I like the most xD

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van AN Community Forums

• Geano locked this topic