Does anyone have any manga recommendations?

LonelyPoet

I’ve been looking for stuff to read lately but for some reason it’s been more difficult than usual. Does anyone have any recommendations for someone whole likes romance and/ or horror. I guess it’s kind of weird to have both of those is your favorite genres there you have it. Bonus points if there’s some kind of survival situation involved.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2022 at 5:01 AM, LonelyPoet said:

I’ve been looking for stuff to read lately but for some reason it’s been more difficult than usual. Does anyone have any recommendations for someone whole likes romance and/ or horror. I guess it’s kind of weird to have both of those is your favorite genres there you have it. Bonus points if there’s some kind of survival situation involved.

Romance: Akagami no Shirayukihime. Basically a Snow White, except modernized. And if you count Manhwa, you have Newton's Flower Buds.

Horror: A lot of the manga I read could be considered a horror, but few of them have horror element as their primary aspect. Two mangas that are specifically horror first-and-foremost would be Uzumaki (Spiral) and Gyo (Fish). And that is all I'll say - I don't want to spoil them.

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

Alice 19th is an interesting story by Yu Watase.
It's a curious story with romance, action and  mysticism all rolled into one. Alice, the main character, is a shy girl who learns that words have power, and that there's a special set of words that are very powerful indeed and she has the ability to learn how to use them. But Alice learns, the hard way, that power comes with a price and that that price can be very high.

I found this to be a good story, I've read this twice now and would happily read it again.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Murcielago is pretty good. Basically it's Dexter if he was a girl and the cops not only knew what she was doing, but fully supported her efforts to kill other killers. Our main character killed over 700 people for fun., apparently as a child, and just as they were going to execute her a government guy showed up and offered her a job. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2022 at 5:01 AM, LonelyPoet said:

Romance: Namaikazikari, Akagami no Shirayukihime

Horror: Uzumaki (Spiral), Gyo (Fish)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I read a lot of manga and have watched a lot of anime. So much so that I have an issue finding new content a lot of the time. I go to Barnes and Noble to find new manga because they're always adding new stuff ans the selection is pretty huge! I just take pics of the manga that I think I will enjoy and look up the series later on Tachiyomi.

• 5 weeks later...