Anime Recommendations

yukiyosh

Question

Hello! I'm new here and I'm looking for some anime to watch. I'm into Psychological, Action, Thriller, Sci-Fi, a bit of Gore and Comedy genres. I don't really have a fave series because I can't choose. Haha. But if you ask me what series I'd never get tired of watching, I'd say it's HxH maybe because I grew up watching it (90s kid lol), it's what made me start loving anime. 

Please leave some recommendations!

5 answers to this question

Okay going off you're interests these recommendations might be up your street. So the first ones would be Neon Genesis Evangelion if you haven't seen it. Then there's Ergo Proxy, this one is very atmospheric and is very phycological. Wolfs Rain, the last one a little more obscure but it a scfi-apocalyptic atmospheric show which is pretty interesting and full of mystery. Monster, probably one of the best psychological/thriller anime ever made. Then there's the three anime written by Gen Urobuchi, Madoka Magica, Psycho-Pass and Fate/Zero.

Those are all worth a watch, as there again action, psychological and philosophical shows. Of the three Psycho-Pass is probably the easiest to get into, as it original and is set in a dystopian near future setting and as a really cool police procedural aspect to the show. Madoka Magica is likely the hardest as its a deconstruction of Magical Girls so... Fate Zero whilst awesome and one of my favourite anime is part of the Fate universe and that's a whole other rabbit-hole your stepping into there. 

Classroom of the Elite may be up your alley if you are into Psychological. There are news of a second season coming up so so you're good to go.

Word Trigger is another one I highly recommend. There are already 3 Seasons out and it covers up the rest of your preferences regarding theme/genre.

Have fun!

Edited by Mazino

On 3/12/2022 at 9:38 AM, Ohayotaku said:

I agree with all of these...also I'd add Higurashi: When They Cry.