Anime of the Season (Summer 2015)

drill

So, now that the summer season is wrapped up, what anime did you think was your favorite?

For me, Charlotte came in for my favorite anime this season. Although, I do think the ending was a bit rushed, and some elements could have been handled better if it was two cour, it did turn out pretty good overall.

The runner up would be Rokka no Yuusha, which I thought was pretty good for everything except the ending which was extremely rushed and not even finished. Highly doubt there will be a season two, but it had much more potential than it gave, and could have easily surpassed Charlotte for my number 1 spot for AotS.

Yeah, Charlotte would definitely be my choice for Anime of the Season although I felt it was missing something at the rushed ending.

My runner up would be Castle Town Dandelion. While it had a couple of weak episodes, I really enjoyed the ending.

I enjoyed Overlord and Gate, but hands down I enjoyed Arslan Senki the most, even though it was a Spring leftover. That in itself says alot about the anime and how good it was. Waiting for second season <3<3!

I have to say I was disappointed with a lot of the series that were released in the summer season , some didn't bother to follow the original plot and went off somewhere else (like Overlord and Rokka no Yuusha) , others were rushed or too slow (like Charlotte and Working!!!) so my overall favorite for this season despite it's insane amount of fanservice would have to be Kangoku Gakuen followed by Akagami no Shirayukihime (only second because it's got another season coming and there are still some things that need to be wrapped up in the second season).

Joukamachi no dandelion, well it could've been working!!! or charlotte but joukamachi was well done in my opinion.

And classroom crisis ending was just sh*t.

My summer favourites have to be Akagami no Shirayuki-hime and Gangsta. I also loved Arslan Senki, but that one started in spring so dunno if it counts. The latest season of Hetalia also went quite well, after the disappointment of the previous one, but there are still a couple of episodes left untill it's done.

In a surprise turn of events while finishing some of the summer season anime, I really have to say that Akagami no Shirayuki-hime pushes everything else off my list for anime of the season. For the first cour of a two cour show, I really think that they did excellent at pacing the show, and didn't just cut it off without a season season or wrapping too much of the story up, where you wouldn't really care about the second season. Not only that, but Shirayuki and Zen really make a cute couple.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Geano locked this topic