Site Feedback

peachtea

Question

Not necessarily a specific question but feedback about the forum, hope you don't mind!

Unless I'm doing something wrong, I think there's a bug with responding to profile posts? It gets stuck upon hitting Submit Reply. It's not until you refresh the page or click away and come back that your comment shows as posted.

Is there a way to toggle the comment reaction emojis? Hovering the mouse over the thumbs up expands the other emojis but if accidentally move the arrow outside the slide it disappears. I had to be very careful hovering over to the heart emoji to select it. Anyone else having that problem?

Thanks for reading and helping me out. ^^

12 answers to this question

I've noticed that problem with replying to certain posts. When I click 'submit' it comes up with message that says 'saving' but that doesn't seem to go away until you move off that page.

The emoji pop-out closing when you move the mouse outside the pop-out bar is common to all such controls, not just this forum. If you move the mouse outside the pop-out area the program thinks you no longer wish to use that feature and closes it. Horizontal and vertical scroll bars do the same thing, which can be annoying, but the program is working as designed.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

On 3/22/2022 at 2:53 AM, Animedragon said:

I've noticed that problem with replying to certain posts. When I click 'submit' it comes up with message that says 'saving' but that doesn't seem to go away until you move off that page.

The emoji pop-out closing when you move the mouse outside the pop-out bar is common to all such controls, not just this forum. If you move the mouse outside the pop-out area the program thinks you no longer wish to use that feature and closes it. Horizontal and vertical scroll bars do the same thing, which can be annoying, but the program is working as designed.

Thank you so much for the information. Hopefully it will get fixed soon but at least it's still posting. That way we aren't losing everything we've managed to type.

Too bad we can't use the bar from mobile on computer! I like the click to open and click on emoji to select better. :D 

On 4/12/2022 at 3:21 AM, Clavius said:

An option to display birthday and year would be nice.

originally it was not an option but showed it amd a lot of people didnt want the year shown

tho your free to tell people if you want , how ever its a bit hard for them that dont want it shown

so it was disabled and unfortunately with this sites setup you cant have the birthday shown with out the birth year

i dont think the sites founder (optic) comes in here much anymore but still pays for it to be kept open

6 hours ago, notEli said:

You could pop it in your About Me but if you're worried about the ages of other members you could always ask nicely? 😆

There's a topic in the Chit Chat forum about how old members are.

• Like 1

Since on the topic of feedback I just want to remark on the Founder's (Optic) open line of communication. When I joined AF the site had an Edit function that made me feel a little more comfortable sharing personal interests (art, poetry, photography). I ended up uploading quite a bit of content that I could no longer edit or manage when the feature was removed. Optic was generous and understanding and was able to help me reset my account, albeit I had to wait a month to join the site again. 

I'm thankful/grateful for the services provided on the Forum! 

Hmmm, I'm guessing the members who selected to show their birthday still have it visible? I've had it public since 2015 and it still comes up on my profile (for me anyways not sure if other members can see it.) 

On 4/25/2022 at 9:53 AM, Metro said:

Hmmm, I'm guessing the members who selected to show their birthday still have it visible? I've had it public since 2015 and it still comes up on my profile (for me anyways not sure if other members can see it.) 

it is something that has to be imputed still but only see-able to your self and i think certain mods (maybe only optic him self)

i can see mine but i cant see yours

• Like 1

I hope this is okay to say here, but, I just wanted to randomly thank whoever designed the forum... I LOVE that you click "Unread content" and its not just since you were last active, but just anything that hasn't been read yet. I love not having to worry about seeing everything without getting distracted and 'not being active' again, losing the list. And then even later I look down at even older posts and see there is something I can say. So thanks! I love this site!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

so what ever happend to the MAL link setup where you clicked on the mal button in top tab of post added the mal anime number and it inserted the anime link to your post

guess its broke atm