I can't find an interesting anime

yako

Question

Hi~ My last anime viewing was two years ago. Now I read manga, but I want to watch something. I'm thinking of watching an old anime ( Evangelion, Berserk). But I want to see your recommendations. *^*

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

I’m always happy to make suggestions, though it’s helpful to know what you’ve already seen & enjoyed or what you’re in the mood for. 
Some suggestions based on titles you mentioned in your post & profile.

Similar to Konosuba (favorite per your profile): Rune Soldier, Slayers, Cautious Hero.

Similar to Bersetk: Claymore, Dororo, Vinland Saga

Similar to Evangelion: Darling in the Franxx

You also mention the romance genre in your profile. For that I’d recommend the Fruits Basket remake (2019 - 2021), though I’ll warn you it’s very powerful emotionally (for me anyway). For more light hearted examples (Romcoms) I’d recommend Recovery of an MMO Junkie & Kaguya-sama: Love is War.

Finally, if you don’t mind mentioning some of the manga you read & enjoyed it might give some other ideas.

Sorry for the long response, hopefully some of it was useful.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Thank you all for the recommendations *^*

2 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

I’m always happy to make suggestions, though it’s helpful to know what you’ve already seen & enjoyed or what you’re in the mood for. 
Some suggestions based on titles you mentioned in your post & profile.

Similar to Konosuba (favorite per your profile): Rune Soldier, Slayers, Cautious Hero.

Similar to Bersetk: Claymore, Dororo, Vinland Saga

Similar to Evangelion: Darling in the Franxx

You also mention the romance genre in your profile. For that I’d recommend the Fruits Basket remake (2019 - 2021), though I’ll warn you it’s very powerful emotionally (for me anyway). For more light hearted examples (Romcoms) I’d recommend Recovery of an MMO Junkie & Kaguya-sama: Love is War.

Finally, if you don’t mind mentioning some of the manga you read & enjoyed it might give some other ideas.

Sorry for the long response, hopefully some of it was useful.

Hi~ Thank you for your recommendations. I read Dorohedoro, Elfen Lied, Ajin: DEmi-Human, Chainsaw Man, Saguri-chan Exploration Party, Tomo-chan is a girl!. I'm reading Black Lagoon, Q Shihira Tatsuya, Immortal Special Attack Soldier, Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun, Miss Komi is Bad at Communication, Here's Come The Demon! Iruma Kun, Girl That Can See It, Talantless Nana, Pumpkin Night, Sakamoto Days, Whispering You a Love Song, Ranger Reject, Comprehensive Tovarisch,Destroy All Humankind. They Can't Be Regeneratedd, Liar Satsuki Can see Death. And a lot of romance *^*

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

51 minutes ago, yako said:

Thank you all for the recommendations *^*

Hi~ Thank you for your recommendations. I read Dorohedoro, Elfen Lied, Ajin: DEmi-Human, Chainsaw Man, Saguri-chan Exploration Party, Tomo-chan is a girl!. I'm reading Black Lagoon, Q Shihira Tatsuya, Immortal Special Attack Soldier, Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun, Miss Komi is Bad at Communication, Here's Come The Demon! Iruma Kun, Girl That Can See It, Talantless Nana, Pumpkin Night, Sakamoto Days, Whispering You a Love Song, Ranger Reject, Comprehensive Tovarisch,Destroy All Humankind. They Can't Be Regeneratedd, Liar Satsuki Can see Death. And a lot of romance *^*

A lot of those manga also have anime adaptions if your interested in them (some of my favorites are Dorohedoro, Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-kun & Mieruko-chan).

Some others taking into account the manga you listed: Jujutsu Kaisen, Demon Slayer, Gleipnir, Kemono Jihen, Soul Eater, Fire Force, Akudama Drive, Durarara, Hakata Tonkatsu Ramens, Planet With.

Sorry if it’s TMI, but hopefully some will work for you.

Edited by Ohayotaku

Well not sure what you have or haven't seen Anime wise. If your looking for a quality show such as Evangelion or Berserk (1997), you could try Monster. Super gripping series and adapted by Mad House back in 2004 (I think) from the Manga by Naoki Urasawa . Other than that could try something written by Gen Urobuchi as his stories tend to be darker and more 'realistic' similar to Berserk or Eva in that sense. The three shows written by him I would recommend are Madoka Magica (deconstruction of magical girls so not to dissimilar from Eva), Fate/Zero and Psycho Pass. 

If you've already sat down and given those a shot, you could got for something more niche and less talked about like Wolfs Rain or Blue Gender. Both of those shows are from the 'Adult Swim' era of Anime, but are well worth going back to. There's also Ergo Proxy, I think this one is a little more talked about, but if you haven't seen it yet it has defiantly got some 'Eva' vibes in there. 

Other than that there's always Hunter X Hunter or Legend of the Galactic Heroes. If you've not got round to those yet. Legend of the Galactic Heroes has two versions - the old 80s OVA series that's 110 episodes long or the new adaptation which is currently releasing the third season. As for HXH that getting another arc of some kind released down the road, but not to sure about that one. I do know its currently complete up to the Election Arc. 

• Agree 1

Some less known dark/action shows are Canaan, El Cazador de la Bruja, Darker than Black, Shinsekai Yori, GetBackers, Casshern Sins, Mardock Scramble, Speed Grapher.

If you like science/mech shows like Steins;Gate then Noein, Kurau Phantom Memory or Vandread might be up your street,

If you want some fantasy/historical shows then Moribito, Otogizoshi, Last Exile, Erementar Gerad, xxxHolic are good.