Yashahime

RZ.

I just finished watching the second season the other day. What did you folks make of it? I was enjoying it for the most part. I am still not comfortable with the whole Sesshomaru and Rin thing, I also never really found myself invested in Towa, despite her being the main character. I was more invested in Setsuna, and later Moroha after they started to give her motivation to seek out her parents.

Admittedly, about 75% of my enjoyment may have come from getting to watch Sesshomaru kick ass again.

I only watched the first season, didn’t really have the same appeal of the original series for me. Granted, I’d only seen the first 54 eps of the original, since it’s hard to find past that on legal streaming sites (still enough to know who Rin & Sesshomaru are). Hulu has them & am planning to watch more of it. Might give Yashahime another chance afterwards, but not anytime soon.

Me and my sisters have all watched "Inuyasha" in its entirety, grew up with the gang, love the world and love those guys...

and Moroha is literally the only thing about Yashahime that we all wholeheartedly liked.

Animation was visibly cheap and awkward, characters didnt act in a way that felt natural, showrunners kept throwing convoluted plot details at us to the point we stopped trying to figure out what was going on (like all of the sudden these things called "Kon" and "Haku" exist that were never mentioned before but are apparently vital to life and death?? And then there's everything with the dream butterfly and the sacred tree and threads of fate, which got really convoluted really fast), and the WHOLE show Towa is up on a pedestal as main character for seemingly no good reason, and everyone just kinda goes along with it while she gets bullshit powers left and right and never has to suffer any loss for more than 5 seconds.

Watched both seasons out of morbid curiosity... the Black Hiraikotsu was cool and Moroha is precious. Thats all lol

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, AlwaysSearching said:

Me and my sisters have all watched "Inuyasha" in its entirety, grew up with the gang, love the world and love those guys...

and Moroha is literally the only thing about Yashahime that we all wholeheartedly liked.

Animation was visibly cheap and awkward, characters didnt act in a way that felt natural, showrunners kept throwing convoluted plot details at us to the point we stopped trying to figure out what was going on (like all of the sudden these things called "Kon" and "Haku" exist that were never mentioned before but are apparently vital to life and death?? And then there's everything with the dream butterfly and the sacred tree and threads of fate, which got really convoluted really fast), and the WHOLE show Towa is up on a pedestal as main character for seemingly no good reason, and everyone just kinda goes along with it while she gets bullshit powers left and right and never has to suffer any loss for more than 5 seconds.

Watched both seasons out of morbid curiosity... the Black Hiraikotsu was cool and Moroha is precious. Thats all lol

I can see where you're coming from with most of that. Considering Sesshomaru is my all time favorite character from anime (and Setsuna is the closest to him in terms of personality at the start) I probably have a more rose-tinted view of the show. Not that I thought it was particularly special. It doesn't come close to the original series or even the movies.

2 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

I only watched the first season, didn’t really have the same appeal of the original series for me. Granted, I’d only seen the first 54 eps of the original, since it’s hard to find past that on legal streaming sites (still enough to know who Rin & Sesshomaru are). Hulu has them & am planning to watch more of it. Might give Yashahime another chance afterwards, but not anytime soon.

Weirdly, I took a huge pause of about 6 months from the show around 50 episodes in too.

15 minutes ago, RZ. said:

I can see where you're coming from with most of that. Considering Sesshomaru is my all time favorite character from anime (and Setsuna is the closest to him in terms of personality at the start) I probably have a more rose-tinted view of the show. Not that I thought it was particularly special. It doesn't come close to the original series or even the movies.

Sesshomaru was really interesting to watch grow and change in Inuyasha, he ended up with a good heart in the end but still maintained a stoic exterior. A guy that almost always kept his cool but still acted on emotion at times, often in a manner that projects as confident and unbreakable even with his back against the wall.

He is still of good heart and is stoic in Yashahime, but his stoic-ness felt almost comically emphasized to the point he barely had any real interaction with anyone, even his daughters and child bride I MEAN wife.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, AlwaysSearching said:

Sesshomaru was really interesting to watch grow and change in Inuyasha, he ended up with a good heart in the end but still maintained a stoic exterior. A guy that almost always kept his cool but still acted on emotion at times, often in a manner that projects as confident and unbreakable even with his back against the wall.

He is still of good heart and is stoic in Yashahime, but his stoic-ness felt almost comically emphasized to the point he barely had any real interaction with anyone, even his daughters and child bride I MEAN wife.

I don't want to talk about Sesshomaru x Rin.  I'm pretending it doesn't exist,

• Funny 1