How do you feel?

Loli

Like I'm juggling on a unicycle. 😱 Running around for my mother, doing her shopping (as always) but this time during lunch break. Checking a list of all her appointments. Trying to respond to emails and planning to pick up my nephew after school. 🙃

• Winner 1

I feel like a man baby for complaining about my mood when everyone is overworked and stressed. Hitting the slow season atm but I know when life picks up and I wouldn't wish that stress on anyone. Take care and catch a breather.

• Friendly 1

Like a dooork. I've been getting to know this guy that works at a pet store for a few months now. We both kind of have an 80's- modern mesh style and that's what made us start talking. We're also big nerds. 😆 We talk tabletop and comics and of course, dogs. Among other stuff. 

Today he was telling me how he was late to work and didn't get to grab a coffee like he usually did. It's a coffee place across the street so I went ahead and got him one. He seemed really surprised and happy about it. He asked if we could trade numbers but I scrunched my nose and told him that it might not be a good idea. He said it was cool and that he understood. We talked real quick about Stranger Things (they were selling pet merch. of the series) and it's one of his favorite shows. 

Whyyyy. Why was it so difficult to consider trading numbers. 😭 I really like this guy. 

Edited by prettyboy

19 minutes ago, prettyboy said:

Whyyyy. Why was it so difficult to consider trading numbers. 😭 I really like this guy. 

I can’t speak for you but for me I don’t want to open more pathways for the universe to mess with me.  :D Once you open a door it is sometimes hard to close it again, and people these days are all too often insensitive to - or outright dismissive of - other peoples’ boundaries.  Even if a person seems ok at first, it is often hard to recognize the troublemakers. Unless I’m absolutely sure of a person I don’t give out my personal/contact info in the first place.  (Even then I make heavy use of voicemail, email filtering, and other techno-interference measures to limit direct demands on my time and attention.)

Not exactly anti-social, just very, very selective and protective of my limited personal space.  I don’t have much extra time, stamina, or whatever to deal with the possible chaos that admitting a new person into my life could bring so I tend to favor the path of extreme caution.  

3 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

Not exactly anti-social, just very, very selective and protective of my limited personal space.  I don’t have much extra time, stamina, or whatever to deal with the possible chaos that admitting a new person into my life could bring so I tend to favor the path of extreme caution.

This has been me my whole life. 😆 I kind of feel like I let a lot of opportunities go by. My biggest issue is being afraid that I won't be able to make time for someone. There's not a lot of people that understand the extra work involved in my life at the moment. I'm trapped between the off-chance that there's someone secure enough to and that I deserve to give it a chance. Teamwork. 😆

• Optimistic 1

53 minutes ago, prettyboy said:

Teamwork. 😆

I would definitely be receptive to a partnership as well.  Especially in recent years though it seems like people would rather be a dependent, bringing little to the table themselves.  Maybe I’ve just been unlucky in the people I’ve met.  :( 

• Agree 1

Relieved. Got an email from my ex, getting closure on our relationship.

They were doing the 'no contact thing', but I was in shock when it happened and there were things I really wanted to say/talk through, and even good things and thank you's for things. But them not replying - even though we had agreed on that, made my mind go crazy. So to finally have a reply, and a good one, really cleared things up for me. I can exhale, and really work on moving on, without the questions, worries, or blaming myself.

• Like 3

Feeling accomplished. Been trying to get the books for the business done. Nearly halfway through last year's expense report.

I don't envy CPAs 😯

• Like 1

I'm feeling a bit down again about my ended relationship. I got the email which calmed my paranoid thoughts, which was great, and for a few days I was just happy I got that. But now I think I'm finally at regular grieving. (At 35 its my first real breakup - and after 13 years.) It's hard to believe it's really over.

• Friendly 1

9 hours ago, Takatofan1986 said:

I'm feeling a bit down again about my ended relationship. I got the email which calmed my paranoid thoughts, which was great, and for a few days I was just happy I got that. But now I think I'm finally at regular grieving. (At 35 its my first real breakup - and after 13 years.) It's hard to believe it's really over.

I understand completely. I felt the same way when my first marriage ended. I felt like a huge part of my life was gone, like I was a failure. Fortunately, I have some amazing friends who, after an extended time period, reminded me of just who the hell I am.(lol). Trust me, it will get better. 

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1