How do you feel?

Loli

1 hour ago, Otaking66lives said:

I understand completely. I felt the same way when my first marriage ended. I felt like a huge part of my life was gone, like I was a failure. Fortunately, I have some amazing friends who, after an extended time period, reminded me of just who the hell I am.(lol). Trust me, it will get better. 

Thank you! And I'm so sorry about your first marriage. :(  I'm glad you had that support though! And thanks! :)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Takatofan1986 said:

Thank you! And I'm so sorry about your first marriage. :(  I'm glad you had that support though! And thanks! :)

You have support too. If nobody else, I'm here for you. 👍

• Friendly 1

I'm a bit down today. I had been looking forward to things to try and be active and make new friends and they were all a bust. It was like being in High School again.

And the worst was yesterday, therapy didn't go well. I would go into it but it would take too long to explain, but, the short general story is, with very little information, he tried to blame the breakup on me, because I didn't travel to meet them 'RIGHT NOW', I say "I can't fly right now" Pointing to my walking boot, and instead of him saying "Oh, what's going on with that?" and THEN making a decision, he says, "Can't? Or don't want to?" .... I. Cannot. Fly. Doctors. Orders. ... I am a kind person, and if therapy means I have to hear some hard truths, that's fine, but don't blame me for having surgery and literally not being able to fly right now.

I wasn't even done describing the different factors of the breakup!

I'm stuck because, it took me a month and a half to see him, so I kind of want to give him one more chance, but I don't see him for two more weeks, and I almost think I should just try somewhere else. (But I live in a really small town and there aren't many options.)

Sorry for my rant!

Edited by Takatofan1986

It's been a good journey. 😊

Got a second job repairing instruments for the brass section of orchestra/bands. I do welding, soldering, dent-work and wash. Just until early Autumn. Currently sharing a station with three other amazing repair techs.

Spoiler

InCollage_20220619_115624212.thumb.jpg.af620938ab0271578f7cb17072c3ea6e.jpg

InCollage_20220619_115719776.thumb.jpg.3751798f487e03c1a2fb068b395a8638.jpg

I'll be moving into a new home soon too⁠, possibly in the new year⁠—early Spring. That way my mother can move in and I can take care of her better. There's two extra bedrooms for future planning. 😳 I'm in a good place to start a family and put down some roots. 💜 Looking forward to that particular chapter in life. 

Other than that it's been the usual. Hobbies, always learning and coming into new creative projects. 

Hope everyone has a fresh week ahead!

Edited by Hällregn
  • Like 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

4 hours ago, viruxx said:

I'm a little sad today. This is the first Father's Day without my dad. He passed away on January 1st.

Mine passed in 2015. It certainly changes the perspective on holidays.

• Friendly 2

9 hours ago, viruxx said:

I'm a little sad today. This is the first Father's Day without my dad. He passed away on January 1st.

My father passed away in 2015 and the first Father's Day without him was the hardest, although it never really gets any easier as the years go by.

The same goes for Mother's Day.

The best advice I was given was to pause and give thanks for all the love they gave me and all they meant to me and things they did for me, then move on with my life which is what they would want me to do. Crying a bit is OK too.

• Friendly 3

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Takatofan1986 said:

I've been away for a week, I... have a rare medical condition and there was a camp to meet others who have it. It was a really great experience and I feel overwhelmed from meeting others who go through what I go through. But in a good way.

I'm really glad to hear that. The value and amount of support you can gain from just meeting people with the same condition and who stand in the same place as you is beyond calculation.

• Friendly 1

Kinda bummed out, but excited at the same time. My next-door neighbors invited me to go up to Ohio with them to attend a tobacco pipe show in Columbus next weekend, but they had to cancel. I'm still planning to go by myself, if nothing comes up between now and then.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, viruxx said:

Kinda bummed out, but excited at the same time. My next-door neighbors invited me to go up to Ohio with them to attend a tobacco pipe show in Columbus next weekend, but they had to cancel. I'm still planning to go by myself, if nothing comes up between now and then.

Well you learn something every day. As a non-smoker I never knew that such shows existed.

Edited by Animedragon
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Animedragon said:

Well you learn something every day. As a non-smoker I never knew that such shows existed.

It's a thing, yes. At least for now. Pipe-smoking is not in its heyday like it was at the beginning of the 20th century and has become a niche community. That, and government regulations and taxes on all tobacco products is getting more and more obnoxious. But that's another story for another day. 😅

• Like 1