Hello to everyone. I am new.

Hello everyone. My name is Chris. You do not have to call me, "Chris The Pocket Master" Chris is just fine. I bet you are wondering, "Why the Pocket Master? What are you a master of?" Hahaha... well... nothing. It's just a name someone gave me because I have a lot of portable gaming consoles. I have been collecting them my whole life. It's very nerdy I know, but hey I am a nerd. I may share more about what I collect later if anyone is interested, but in the meantime I want to tell a little more about myself. I am in my 30s and I am still watching anime, reading manga, I am still drawing on my wacom tablet, and I still love playing music on my bass (jrock)... People thought I would grow out of it, but I have not. When I hit the age of 30 I have been feeling embarrassed about being into anime, video games, or Japanese music to the point that I would hide my hobbies from everyone - BUT I finally told the world that I do not care anymore! I love anime, video games, or anything to do with art! It's just that Japanese art interests me the most for some reason, and it always has. I am making a promise to myself to never be ashamed to appreciate an art of any kind or express my own art. Those days are over now. 

I signed up on this forum because I heard that you all were very nice and welcoming. I also know for a fact that you all like anime (hence the name of this forum)! So I do like anime and manga, and I do enjoy talking to people about those forms of art. The shows I am watching right now are: My Hero Academia, Initial D, Demon Slayer, and High Score Girl. I am currently reading a lot of One Punch Man right now. I still love listening to Jrock bands such as, X Japan, Luna Sea, Dir En Grey, Hide, Hyde, Fear and The Loathing in Las Vegas, Maximum the Hormone, and a lot of others. I do like some other bands like, Linkin Park, Pierce the Veil, As Tall as Lions, Incubus, Jhariah, and Rob Zombie.

Aside from appreciating good  art, I am a digital artist and musician. I have a webtoons comic up right now titled, Dreams That Can Be Felt. I also have You Tube Channels I am a part of called Phoenix Splash TV, and Phoenix Splash Gaming. I know how some forums are about sharing your own content so... I will not provide links until I fully understand the rules around here; however, that is my art if any of you all are curious to type and search up how I look. Some people do think I am handsome ;) Jk jk jk. I am quite gross honestly. I have weird eyes. Hahaha! 

I am looking forward to talking with new people about anime, video games, manga, music, and anything really.

• Like 2
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

Welcome, glad you found your way here 😁

40 minutes ago, ChrisThePocketMaster said:

I am in my 30s and I am still watching anime

I’m in my 50s and show no indication of ever outgrowing it 😂 Not as active in manga & videogames as I once was. My taste in music is pretty much I know what I like when I here it, even if it’s cheezy 😅

Anyway, hope you find things that interest you here.

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, ChrisThePocketMaster said:

I am in my 30s and I am still watching anime, reading manga, 

When I hit the age of 30 I have been feeling embarrassed about being into anime, video games, or Japanese music to the point that I would hide my hobbies from everyone - BUT I finally told the world that I do not care anymore! I love anime, video games, or anything to do with art! It's just that Japanese art interests me the most for some reason, and it always has. I am making a promise to myself to never be ashamed to appreciate an art of any kind or express my own art. Those days are over now. 

Welcome aboard.  I'm in my 60's and I still watch anime.  Some of my friends know I watch anime, but not many. I don't really hide it, anime just never comes up in conversation and curiously no one has ever questioned how I know so much about Japan and Japanese culture.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChrisThePocketMaster said:

Hello everyone. My name is Chris. You do not have to call me, "Chris The Pocket Master" Chris is just fine.

Welcome! 

Don't worry about the age thing.  I'm 4104 years old - in Minecraft years :D - and I still play games and watch anime.  (Assuming I get the chance anyway.  RL sucks sometimes.  What would Itami do?)  When/if I get the chance I'm usually playing Minecraft or Kerbal Space Program but pretty much anything with crafting or building is my thing.  I've been known to play anything from Stardew Valley to Cities:Skylines to Empyrion to .... well, you get the picture.  I have subscriptions to Crunchyroll and Steam and Discord.  Other hobbies include reading, computer programming, fiddling with electronics, and space exploration.  For anime/books/manga I prefer "hard" science fiction themed stories like Ghost in the Shell or Uuchu Kyoudai or Planetes but real SF like those are rare & I'll watch almost anything to pass the time while waiting for the next gem.  (There's a list of favs on my AF profile if you're really interested.  I also have a MAL that I'm horrible about maintaining.)  I'm a binge-watcher who usually waits until a show is over before putting it in my queue so I'm often not really in touch with what's current.  Right now I'm waiting for the next season of "Ascendance of a Bookworm" and ""RikeKoi" to end so I can start those.  In the meantime I'm doing my best to whittle away at my crunchyroll queue.

Edited by efaardvark
  • Funny 1

Welcome!! This is like the best forum ever. Everyone is pretty chill here. Wow! I have seen your YouTube channel in the past or at least the phoenix splash tv one. You all make good content. :) your video game music covers are rhe best! That is so crazy that you are on a forum!! From the sound of it... it seems like i am close to your age. I wouldn't sweat it in being ashamed of loving anime, jrock, or any of it!! I have been there!! Ya!! Express yourself!! Don't ever be ashamed of who you are!

• Agree 1

*Flying polyp buzz-bombs everyone in the room* Crap! Somebody help me catch it...you, new person... ummm...Chris! That's the name...hold this net like this and don't move...*Polyp flies into net* Awesome! Now, let me deal with this naughty thing! *takes net containing flying polyp and disappears into subspace*