What are some 'bad, anime you found good?

Riley_Uchiha

22 hours ago, Soramee_ said:

Gamers, it has a score of 6.80 on My Anime List 😅

I enjoyed Gamers too. Honestly, I don’t get the reasoning of many MAL users that anything scored less than 7 isn’t worth watching.  There are actually several series currently airing that have low MAL scores but I enjoy (Healer Girl, Birdie Wing and the Executioner & her way of Life).
Most times when I consider a series bad but still enjoyable it’s because it makes me laugh (even if it’s embarrassing to admit because it’s dumb or crude 😅 ) Some examples: Asobi Adobase, Ramen Fighter Miki, Demon Lord Retry, The Ones Within, Estab Life, Dokoida, Magical Girl Ore, Akikan, Akibas Trip.

56 minutes ago, Soramee_ said:

Nyan koi 

That’s another one :P 

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Ohayotaku said:
1 hour ago, Soramee_ said:

Nyan koi 

That’s another one :P 

Let's go!! I thought I was the only one that remember this anime!!! It kinda make me want to rewatch it now that I think about it

Edited by Soramee_
  • Agree 1

Just remember there is also Full dive (by it's original name: Kyuukyoku Shinka shita Full Dive RPG ga Genjitsu yori mo Kusoge Dattara) which is one of the isekai I laugh the most ever with konosuba, Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Comedy wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru (or Noucome for short), Mayo Chiki! and Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi (which is an anime adaption of the visual novel of the same name)

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Gonstroph said:

Love Chunnibiyo & Other Delusions is a 5 on my list but a 7 in my heart. 

I bought this series as a result of seeing a couple of clips from it on YouTube,. After watching a few episodes I thought "what is this rubbish?!", but I stayed watching (I'd paid for it after all!) and found it got better in the later episodes and I went on to get the second series and the final movie. While I wouldn't put this series on my Top 10, it's now one of my favourites.

This is one of those topics that's harder for me because, who decides it's good or bad to start with? My favorite anime is Digimon Tamers and a lot of people would say, "Meh, it's a mon series, so it's bad." But then it does have a big following in the fandom, so what's the criteria?

If we're going by popular opinion, I still really love the original Fullmetal Alchemist anime. Most fans seem to discard it in favor of Brotherhood, and lots of fans have ONLY watched Brotherhood. And let's be 100% honest, Brotherhood 'IS' better. But even so... the first 25 ish eps of the original series is condensed down to the first 12-13 eps of brotherhood, which only 'works' if you've seen the original. Yes there are several 'filler' and non cannon eps in that first 25, but you also get other things lost:

Spoiler

The train ride to central for the first time was a fun episode. More time with Hughes. Meeting Barry The Chopper as a human, and he tries to kill Winry, so when we meet him later it has more of an impact. The mining town... for one thing that was one of my favorite episodes, and for another, that guy shows up in brotherhood pissed at Ed, and if you didn't watch the original, you have no idea why! Then other things like he spent more episodes with the tucker family, so the chimera has even more of an impact. And it may not be cannon, but Ed and Al helping to deliver Alicia is the most adorable thing ever.

And I LOVE the music of the original series!

As far as other animes...

If we're going by MAL scores... *Looks at list* ... Well most of my favorites seem to be at least a 7.0 and I think that's too high for this topic? I think? I dunno.

I have other obscure anime I think more people should KNOW about, but being unpopular after watching it is different, right?