Amines Hidden Gems

An older series I have trouble finding but I really liked:

Project A-ko (1986 I Believe)

tumblr_6ed552f5402be66ff02eadaa0080d95f_19da2156_540.gif.aff16df64d35dc5b6d0b5b14d6c6133e.gif

And a more modern series that I absolutely fell in love with (and I hope they make a season 2) but I don't see referenced or talked about too often:

Prince of Stride: Alternative (2015)

giphy.gif.8ba30b10523959ce8b484529a011055a.gif

• Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

10 minutes ago, LuckyFox said:

Project A-ko 

That one is hugely nostalgic for me as it was one of the first anime VHS tapes I ever bought, and I recently bought Discotec’s remastered bluray version. Also one of the few OST cds I own. Pretty popular back in the day, it spawned a number of sequels that didn’t measure up (Cinderella Rhapsody seemed to have at least some potential, but Blue & Grey side were just awful). Probably limited appeal to newer fans as it is somewhat dated & rather silly (not to mention ecchi), but  one I always remember fondly.

More recently, the titles that seemed to fly largely under the radar this year for me were Miss Kuroitsu of the Monster Development Department in the winter season & Birdie Wing in the spring season (that one’s getting a 2nd season though)

• Like 1
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

12 minutes ago, Ohayotaku said:

That one is hugely nostalgic for me as it was one of the first anime VHS tapes I ever bought, and I recently bought Discotec’s remastered bluray version. Also one of the few OST cds I own. Pretty popular back in the day, it spawned a number of sequels that didn’t measure up (Cinderella Rhapsody seemed to have at least some potential, but Blue & Grey side were just awful). 

Yeah! My Grand-father gifted me some of the OVA VHS Tapes when I was younger! I think they accidentally got donated to a Thrift Store when I had to move a lot. I saw Grey Side but didn't really like it as much as the OVA's. 

On 7/13/2022 at 7:29 AM, Animedragon said:

Gall Force. A quite long and very strange, but rather good, series about an ongoing war with almost the same space women and a sort of cyborg doing battle with some very, very strange aliens and a computer program.

Go watch the series, it's worth watching, MarathonGuy1337 is right, you wouldn't believe us if we told you about the aliens.

Animedragon get it

See the source image

• 2 months later...

"My Roommate is a Cat" (Doukyonin was Hiza, Tokidoki Atama no ue)

A SoL show from 2019, making it relatively recent compared to some other shows mentioned here, but something I still consider underviewed, or at least not talked about enough. It's also a pretty short watch, being 12 episodes like other seasonal shows.

The show follows the story of of Subaru, a socially awkward man who has separated himself from the rest of the world, and... a cat. While being a SoL anime, it's also the growth story of Subaru, and his companionship with Haru, the cat.

One thing I really like about the show is that it shows both the perspective of both Subaru (human) and Haru (cat). This bring really hilarious moments but also heartfelt and touching moments. It's not often you get to see an anime that's revolved around pets!

MAL here for the show (the reviews on MAL do a much better job at explaining than I do)

Also the opening song is one of my favorites of all time

Roommate-Cat-08.jpg

• Love it! (Daisuki) 2

1 hour ago, EmptyCUp said:

"My Roommate is a Cat" (Doukyonin was Hiza, Tokidoki Atama no ue)

While fairly recent, this one is very special to me (even included it as one of my favorites on MAL) as I found it very relatable to what I was going through when I first watched it.

Okay lets see what other underrated anime I've got hidden up my sleeves

Iria Zeiram the Animation 
See the source image

This is an interesting anime but it very simple and straight forward in all honestly with little character development but I think its an enjoyable watch overall

Record of Lodoss War

See the source image

Kinda cool fantasy anime OVA, a little plotless almost like your that guy that misses a DND Session and when you come back the entire plot has rapidly moved forward.

A Wind Called Amnesias

See the source image

This is a weird film

Patlabor: The Mobile Police - The TV Series 

See the source image

I know I'm a Mecha junky 

B Gata H Kei

See the source image

A short anime slice of life from the 2000s but highly enjoyable with some fun characters 

Sora no Woto (Sound of the Sky)

An underated but excellent little series that makes for interesting and enjoyable watching.

Set during a long running war as as result of which much of the technical knowledge has been lost the series follows the lives of a small army squad of young girls based in a town on the edge of the inhabitable world. While the series has a serious storyline it's not without humour, most of which comes from the dialogue and actions, and reactions, of the characters.

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

Okay, so based on numbers in MAL, this anime seems to be very unknown:925389700a5a1cf744d0e59d364a010a.gif.0212c9275149d9a6ac7669d64554e1f1.gif

Alien 9. 

It has gorgeous, and I mean gorgeous visuals first of all. The entire thing was beautiful to look at all the way through, and the animation is incredibly smooth. The story here also has a lot of depth, and every single scene is used to progress the story somehow, nothing here is without purpose. In other words, it had great pacing. 

Bear in mind though, this show is very, very weird. Don't come into this show expecting anything, just keep an open mind and enjoy it, because it will not go the way you think it will. It doesn't have any cliches or any kind of familiar story elements. I really haven't seen anything like it, and really wish it was more well-known. 

1487880f22d3a918c4d73d1e059f4510.gif.b97aaa6d6055d9da29094ad9762e8d56.gif

God damn look at these MOVEMENTS

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

On 10/6/2022 at 3:54 AM, Gonstroph said:

Okay, so based on numbers in MAL, this anime seems to be very unknown:925389700a5a1cf744d0e59d364a010a.gif.0212c9275149d9a6ac7669d64554e1f1.gif

Alien 9. 

It has gorgeous, and I mean gorgeous visuals first of all. The entire thing was beautiful to look at all the way through, and the animation is incredibly smooth. The story here also has a lot of depth, and every single scene is used to progress the story somehow, nothing here is without purpose. In other words, it had great pacing. 

Bear in mind though, this show is very, very weird. Don't come into this show expecting anything, just keep an open mind and enjoy it, because it will not go the way you think it will. It doesn't have any cliches or any kind of familiar story elements. I really haven't seen anything like it, and really wish it was more well-known. 

1487880f22d3a918c4d73d1e059f4510.gif.b97aaa6d6055d9da29094ad9762e8d56.gif

God damn look at these MOVEMENTS

Alien 9 - MyAnimeList.net

this is it right?

See the source image

kinda wanna watch it!

Dancouga: Super Beast Machine God - 1985. 
0x0.jpg.aaba1713314001edf84615e4973ca671.jpg
px1ssc3p121SyAtrF6JE-o.thumb.jpg.c2026ad3703bf56ee5504c37fdf564c6.jpg

Haven't seen anyone talk about this anime on the forums (from where i've looked). Not saying it's...super hidden, but I don't see much people talk about Dancouga..and it's a pretty decent anime series! For the time it was released, it's pretty jam packed with action!

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

2 minutes ago, MarathonGuy1337 said:

Yes such a great pick. This has been on my watch list for ages. 

god-bless-dank-ougar-1.gif.71cbb249e9fa08bea50bdb7b9fef3fb5.gif

I know slap me for leaving it hanging on my watch list.

DEF SHOULD WATCH IT! XD !!