Other Awesome Mech Anime Besides Mobile Suit Gundam

Unicoisthebomb93

Question

So yeah I’ve been watching the original Gundam classic mech anime from the 70’s and have watched 24 of the 43 episodes and love it a lot.

So um what I’ve seen mech anime wise varies as the mech anime I’ve watched and completed and enjoyed is a wide variety. Ahem here goes Towanoquon Film Series, Casshern Sins, Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet, Code Geass, SSSS.Dynazenon, Valrave the Liberator, Blue Gender, SSSS.Gridman, Eighty-Six first season, Gun x Sword Cowboy mech anime and it’s badass, Gurren Lagann, Full Metal Panic! First two seasons, The Big O a huge number of years ago when it was on Adult Swim, Knights of Sidonia, Bokurano, Scrapped Princess don’t know if this counts, Genocyber. 

So what other older or newer mech anime films, or OVAs, or shows do y’all recommend? 

here’s my Anilist

https://anilist.co/user/Dazaithebest73/animelist

I'm also watching Gasaraki, Armored Trooper VOTOMS, Iron Blooded Orphans, Voltes V, and Magic Knight Rayearth this month. 

Edited by Unicoisthebomb93
Needed to add more names

7 answers to this question

Robotech (mash-up of Macross/Southern Cross/Genesis Climber Mosoeda)

Gunbuster

Big O (I consider this more giant robot, but you included Gridman & Dynazenon on your list)

Broken Blade

Ecaflowne (since you mentioned Rayearth)

The Price of Smiles

Str.A.In

Lagrange - Flower of Rinne

Kirameki Project (this ones more of a parody of the mecha/giant robot genre & is also pretty ecchi 😳 )

Godannar (this one is extremely ecchi 😳😳😳 but storywise similar to Pacific  Rim)

Edited by Ohayotaku

A popular choice might be Code Geass or Evangelion as stated above.

Vandread is a little less known but a decent mech anime.

Yeah I also forgot to list the first two seasons of Full Metal Panic!, and yeah I haven’t watched Patlabor yet but I do want to at some point this year. I watch all kinds of genres and enjoy all kinds of genres, but I’m only now getting into Gundam and a few of the incredibly big mech anime shows. I mean I still haven’t watched NGE I do have it in my plan to watch list though so I will get to it just not this month but next month instead. 

• Like 1