New here!

Hello! Nice to meet you all.

You can call me Takato.

After dealing with a bad breakup I'm trying harder to get involved in more places online and make new friends. (I'm socially awkward, and I'm starting to think it might be awkward to say "I'm trying to make friends" ^^.)

I'm really old... 35...

I like to watch anime and play games but I have aspergers and because of that, I am way more likely to replay or rewatch something I've already played or watched a million times, but I'm trying really hard to break out of that cycle. (Currently watching 2 animes, one I've seen a million times, and one a first time: Bakuman.)

I like some obscure anime like Yakitate!! Japan, and Detective Academy Q.

Have a great day everyone!

• Friendly 2

Welcome 😁

15 hours ago, Takatofan1986 said:

I'm really old... 35...

Yeah, well transpose those digits & you have my age later this year. Feel better now? 😂

Hope you enjoy it here.

As someone who is, on occasion, known as the dinosaur of the forum let me assure you that 35 is not really old. 😃

I'll be twice that age in a few months time. 😱 😄

Anyway, who cares?  Age is just a number.

• Agree 1

Welcome to the forums, I also have a habit of re-watching/replaying things I've already done. For example I watched Monster once, then after I finished it I was so impressed by it I rewatched it again with a friend @MarathonGuy1337, and I'm planning on doing the same thing with Hunter x Hunter. 

See the source image

I have no idea how many times I've replayed Halo, or New Vegas or Mass Effect.

What anime have you seen and really enjoyed?

Welcome to the forums my friend. Sorry to hear about the breakup - but off that sad topic, this place is positive! 
I'm a younger one here, only being a teenager (17), but if you ever need a friend, don't be afraid to PM! Always open for new friends! 

Enjoy the chaos! 💀

4 hours ago, deaaath said:

this place is positive

Quarantine!

Please excuse my lame attempt at a bit of post-covid humor there.   :D 

• Funny 1

52 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

Quarantine!

Please excuse my lame attempt at a bit of post-covid humor there.   :D 

Thank god I have my masks with me! 😂

Welcome to AF Takato! I hope you have a great time here!

And trust me, we have a huge range of ages here!, I joined here at 13-14 and now I'm 19-20 and I'm pretty sure there are a few members that have been/are 50+ 

What matters is this place is like another home and it's worth sticking around to become part of the amazing community! :D 

• Like 1

Welcome to the Insanity! Enjoy your time here, just watch out for *ducks flying Mi-go*. Dammit! Who keeps opening THAT door?? *chases after the escapee while yelling* Anyways, welcome!!! 

Thank you everyone!! You all seem very nice and I am excited to be a part of it!

Sorry I mentioned ages ^^. I just... Eh, I live in a small town and most people I know judge me for my anime, so logically I 'know' there are older anime fans, but I still am stuck with how I've been judged before.

Thank you all :).

• Friendly 1

1 hour ago, Takatofan1986 said:

Sorry I mentioned ages ^^. I just... Eh, I live in a small town and most people I know judge me for my anime, so logically I 'know' there are older anime fans, but I still am stuck with how I've been judged before.

No worries. Apologies on my behalf if I gave the impression of being offended, meant to let you know your in good company here, so don’t let it get in the way of participating. Also, probably worth noting there’s usually an attempt at some level of humor in most of my posts. I guess people get used to it as I’ve been a member for here for nearly 4 years & haven’t been kicked off 🤣

Anyway, hope you stick around & enjoy it here 

1 hour ago, Ohayotaku said:

No worries. Apologies on my behalf if I gave the impression of being offended, meant to let you know your in good company here, so don’t let it get in the way of participating. Also, probably worth noting there’s usually an attempt at some level of humor in most of my posts. I guess people get used to it as I’ve been a member for here for nearly 4 years & haven’t been kicked off 🤣

Anyway, hope you stick around & enjoy it here 

OH no, I worry way too much, you're fine. :) Thank you!