Fellow Moonies?

Sunshine

Just curious if there are any other Sailor Moon fans lurking around these forums?

I am into other stuff too, but that's where my heart is. Nice to be here. Thanks for having me!

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums 😁

While not specifically interested in Sailor Moon, I have seen all the original series/seasons & movies (haven’t seen much of Crystal though). Favorite Scout is Mercury, though I appreciate Jupiter too.  Favorite villain/antagonist is Bertie/Berthier.

Hope you enjoy it here

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

Welcome to the friendly chaos that is the Anime Forum.

While I wouldn't describe myself as a "Moonie" I do like the series and have seen most of the original series several times. My favourite member of the team is Mercury and I have a figure model of her on the shelf over my desk.

• Like 2

I see a lot of us enjoy Sailor Mercury. She's always been one of my favorites too.

I've noticed I appreciate each of them more, and differently, as I get older though. It's also one of the few series where I find the main character extremely charming. Usually I'm more into the side-kick types haha.

Thanks for the welcome everyone :D

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sunshine said:

I see a lot of us enjoy Sailor Mercury. She's always been one of my favorites too.

Of course a lot of us like Sailor Mercury.  She's smart, elegant and sensible, she is also cute.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Animedragon said:

Of course a lot of us like Sailor Mercury.  She's smart, elegant and sensible, she is also cute.

Would you believe that the consensus where I grew up, back in the day, was that she was the most useless?

People don't appreciate the strategy. Haha :P 💙🌊

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Would you believe that the consensus where I grew up, back in the day, was that she was the most useless?

<shrugs> Maybe hardcore Sailor Moon fans have different standards than casual ones. I can only speak for myself, which I did :P I have enough appreciation for the original series that I actually do intend to check out more of Crystal (someday). But personally when it comes to the magical girl genre, Magic Knight Rayearth is probably my fave, followed by Cardcaptor Sakura, Princess  Tutu & Madoka Magica. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ohayotaku said:

<shrugs> Maybe hardcore Sailor Moon fans have different standards than casual ones. I can only speak for myself, which I did :P I have enough appreciation for the original series that I actually do intend to check out more of Crystal (someday). But personally when it comes to the magical girl genre, Magic Knight Rayearth is probably my fave, followed by Cardcaptor Sakura, Princess  Tutu & Madoka Magica. 

Crystal is pretty decent, but a lot of SM fans prefer some variation of the original Anime or Manga. Personally, I think it's because Crystal was done digitally while the original is hand drawn / animated.

MKR and CCS are also top of my list for animes! I haven't seen Princess Tutu or Madoka Magica at all yet, I might check them out. 🍀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine said:

They probably thought Sailor Mercury was useless because she didn't have a dramatic and flashy attack, she used her brains rather than brawn.

Funny you should mention Magic Knight Rayearth as it's one of my favourites and I'm currently watching the first series (again). Card Captor Sakura is also one of my favourites, I like Madoka Magica but it's not on my favourites list.

• Like 2

Welcome to the Insanity! Enjoy your time here, just watch out for *ducks flying Mi-go*. Dammit! Who keeps opening THAT door?? *chases after the escapee while yelling* Anyways, welcome!!! 

P.S. I am an old-school Moonie! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Otaking66lives said:

Welcome to the Insanity! Enjoy your time here, just watch out for *ducks flying Mi-go*. Dammit! Who keeps opening THAT door?? *chases after the escapee while yelling* Anyways, welcome!!! 

P.S. I am an old-school Moonie! 

Oh thanks! Ugh, ducks follow me everywhere. I am not shocked.

When did you first get into the Moonie fandom? :D For me it was wayyyy back in the 90s when they still sold the Sailor Moon pops at Ice Cream Trucks

J2nH9KX.jpg

Edited by Sunshine

2 hours ago, Otaking66lives said:

In the 90s when Sailor Moon was shown on USA Cartoon Express weekday mornings. I liked it before I really knew what anime was.

Who are your favorites? Mine have changed over the years, but my top 3 spots go to Sailor Moon, Sailor Mercury, & Star Healer.

Sailor Moon is sweet, a complete goof-ball, and I relate to her as an autistic person for some reason. I think, inadvertently, she gave her many autistic traits.  Then Sailor Mercury, because her attacks are the prettiest to me, but also I love when people fight with strategy. She is the master of that. Also the VR visor / mini computer was so cool. Then Star Healer because I have never seen a more 'power bottom' character in a show, and I appreciate that energy.

2 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Who are your favorites? Mine have changed over the years, but my top 3 spots go to Sailor Moon, Sailor Mercury, & Star Healer.

So, I have to pick 3 favourites. That's difficult because they are all interesting characters and have their good points.

First place I've already declared and goes to Sailor Mercury, for reasons already given.

Second place goes to Sailor Pluto because she's so elegant and composed and whatever happens she never seems to panic.

After much thought third place goes to Sailor Saturn. I like the mystery that surrounds her and there's clearly more going on in her mind than she lets on about.

The one I dislike most is Chibi Usa, she's such an annoying character, especially in series 4, which I've only watched once and regretted doing so!

9 hours ago, Animedragon said:

So, I have to pick 3 favourites. That's difficult because they are all interesting characters and have their good points.

First place I've already declared and goes to Sailor Mercury, for reasons already given.

Second place goes to Sailor Pluto because she's so elegant and composed and whatever happens she never seems to panic.

After much thought third place goes to Sailor Saturn. I like the mystery that surrounds her and there's clearly more going on in her mind than she lets on about.

The one I dislike most is Chibi Usa, she's such an annoying character, especially in series 4, which I've only watched once and regretted doing so!

Ahahaha~!  poor Chibi Usa. I have to agree, she bugs me a lot of the time. In Sailor Moon R, her going SO STRONGLY for her own father romantically is a really uncomfortable moment for me.

I think she shines the best in Sailor Moon S (the third season) when her powers don't work properly, and she's trying to 'get training as a Sailor Soldier'. She's the most funny and the least annoying in that season. The Super S happens and the whole horse guy thing, and it's just...a bit un-comfy.

Sailor Saturn is one of those characters that I love, because whenever ppl get into those silly "DBZ vs SAILOR MOON" moments, you can just pull out Saturn and be like "lol I win". But also, her powers are kind of elusive and as you said, not completely everything is known about everything she can do.

Edited by Sunshine

3 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Ahahaha~!  poor Chibi Usa. I have to agree, she bugs me a lot of the time. In Sailor Moon R, her going SO STRONGLY for her own father romantically is a really uncomfortable moment for me.

I think she shines the best in Sailor Moon S (the third season) when her powers don't work properly, and she's trying to 'get training as a Sailor Soldier'. She's the most funny and the least annoying in that season. The Super S happens and the whole horse guy thing, and it's just...a bit un-comfy.

Sailor Saturn is one of those characters that I love, because whenever ppl get into those silly "DBZ vs SAILOR MOON" moments, you can just pull out Saturn and be like "lol I win". But also, her powers are kind of elusive and as you said, not completely everything is known about everything she can do.

I agree with you about Chibi Usa in series 3, she's not quite so annoying and it's quite funny when her attacks lack range and power.

What really annoyed me about series 4 was that at the end of series 3 Sailor Moon's character had grown and she'd matured quite a bit, but at the start of 4 she was back to where she was in series 1 and all her character development was wiped out.   Actually, a lot of things annoyed me about series 4 but that's one of my main annoyances.

Yes, Sailor Saturn trumps all when it comes to power and that Silence Glaive of hers looks a fearsome weapon.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Otaking66lives said:

I'd have to say my top 3 are:

1. Sailor Pluto - Elegance and power.

2. Sailor Saturn - Mysterious 

3. Luna - PATIENCE! (lol)

Bahaha Luna for Patience is my favorite answer so far.