Summer 2022 Anime

Ohayotaku

Here’s what scheduled for the upcoming anime season (starting July)

https://www.livechart.me/summer-2022/all

Sequels I’m interested in: Made in Abyss S2 • Dr. Stone special episode • Overlord IV (binge?) • Danmachi IV • Shadows House 2 • Classroom of the Elite 2 (maybe) • The Devil is a Part Timer 2 (maybe)

New series I’m curious about: Lucifer & the Biscuit Hammer • Call of the Night

Remakes: Bastard • Spriggan • RWBY Ice Queendom

Anything catching anyone else’s interest?

Edited by Ohayotaku

For sure the MHA and Dr. Stone specials.

Not sure about any of the others yet. I usually don't look ahead to anime unless it's a sequel/special/new season of something I follow, but I've said that maybe I should start picking a couple a season (at least) to follow as they come out, but I haven't taken the time to do that yet.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Takatofan1986 said:

For sure the MHA and Dr. Stone specials

I’m sure I’ll watch the MHA specials too, but can’t say I’m particularly hyped for them.

• Like 1

I didn't know they were remaking Bastard. I remember watching that one years ago, and it just ended abruptly. Might have to check that one out, for sure.

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

13 hours ago, efaardvark said:

Liked, but this is the Heavy Metal that I remember.  :)   (linked instead of inlined due to NSFW)

The new trailer that just dropped does have more of the ecchi :P 

Looks like we get 13 eps on June 30

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

CR’s official roster page for the Summer 2022 season https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2022/06/22/crunchyroll-announces-summer-2022-anime-lineup

And HiDive’s 

https://www.hidive.com/news/2022/5/28/hidive-summer-2022-simulcast-lineup-heres-what-you-can-watch-soon

(pages will be updated as new shows are announced)

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ohayotaku said:

Thanks! Several of these look interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Early impressions:

Definitely: Made in Abyss 2 • Overlord IV (binge) • Shadows House 2

Maybe: Call of the Night • Lucifer & the Biscuit Hammer • Yakuza Guide to Babysitting • RWBY: Ice Queendom • Yurei Deco • Phantom of the Idol • Lycoris Recoil • Classroom of the Elite 2 • Vermeil in Gold • Chimimo

Doubtful: Luminous Witches • My Isekai Life • Tokyo Mew Mew New • Harem in the Labyrinth

Nope: Engage Kiss • Dropkick on my Devil X 

Edited by Ohayotaku

Having a hard time getting excited for any of the new anime.  Isekai everything and remakes.  Meh.  I did like Overlord and DanMachi so I'll probably at least start those.  Fourth season for both however so I do not expect much.  Certainly nothing at the level of the previous seasons.  Hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised.

• 4 weeks later...

I’m setting Call of the Night aside for now. While I have enjoyed a number of slice of life or reflective series, in order to enjoy this type of series the characters need to be interesting ir at least entertaining. 4 episodes in, I feel nothing but apathy for the male MC. Nazuna is comparatively better, but can’t carry the series on her own. I was hoping Akira’s introduction would liven things up, but not really. Judging by the OP, there are a number of supporting cast members yet to be introduced, so I’ll probably give it another look closer to the end, but right now I’m not really enjoying the time I spend on it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ohayotaku said:

I’m setting Call of the Night aside for now. While I have enjoyed a number of slice of life or reflective series, in order to enjoy this type of series the characters need to be interesting ir at least entertaining. 4 episodes in, I feel nothing but apathy for the male MC. Nazuna is comparatively better, but can’t carry the series on her own. I was hoping Akira’s introduction would liven things up, but not really. Judging by the OP, there are a number of supporting cast members yet to be introduced, so I’ll probably give it another look closer to the end, but right now I’m not really enjoying the time I spend on it.

yeh after our last little discussion on this anime i tried to revisit it but still couldnt make it past the second ep
i dont feel so bad now hearing your latest comment on it

On 7/31/2022 at 5:32 AM, Wodahs said:

well Lycoris Recoil is starting to get deep and interesting with twists n all

Just caught up & got current with this. Definitely one of the season’s better shows.  But as dark as some of the recent developments have been, it’s still not as bleak & uncomfortable as Gunslinger Girl which had the same basic set-up

young orphaned or unwanted girls trained as assassins to maintain “order & public safety”

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Agree 1

Dude I haven't watched anything from summer 2022 so far other than Lycoris Recoil, but that show really, really surprised me with its writing. It's so damn sharp, and that's a rarity among most anime. They talk and interact so naturally, I fell in love almost instantly. 

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

Mid-season status update

COMMITTED:
Made in Abyss 2
Shadows House 2
Lucifer & the Biscuit Hammer 
Lycoris Recoil
Parallel World Pharmacy
The Devil is a Part-timer 2
Danmachi 4
Rent-a-Girlfriend 2
Yakuza Guide to Babysitting