Is this scene in SHUFFLE! using symbolism?

Unepic_noob

In the 21st episode of the anime SHUFFLE!, Kaede tells Asa her feeling towards Rin-kun, the male protagonist and then cries in Asa's shoulders. The scene is as in the picture. I think it might use the symbolism from the novel, Red Rose, White Rose, by Eileen Chang, considering the following information:

• The white rose in the novel is a supportive housewife for the male protagonist, Tong. She does all the household chores for Tong, yet Tong doesn't feel a passional love for her, which is similar to Kaede's situation.
  • The red rose in the novel is a passional lover for Tong. She is not his legal wife, yet he enjoys being with her more than his wife. Asa hasn't done as much for Rin-kun as Kaede, yet Rin-kun loves her more than other girls.

How do you think of this thought? Do you think it's right? Does the producer ever say anything about the design of this scene?

spacer.png

This is actually one of my favorite animes. Funny thing is, I ran out of space while filling out the field. To answer your question though, I really can't comment. I don't know the novel you're drawing these parallels from. I think it's very interesting seeing threads like this though. I think it helps to keep things active while also helping us to look at these shows in a new way.