Relatively new to anime here, Hello!

Gonstroph

I watched a few shows the past few years, but I really began getting into anime at the end of 2021, and have been Binging show after show for the past few months. 

I've always appreciated good works of art in any medium, and anime is no different. The kinda shows I wanna see are good ones, I don't care what genre they are, FMA, Ouran high school host club, Serial Experiments Lain, whatever.

I'm here mainly because I really like talking about anime. I talk about it with my friends, my coworkers, and consume YouTube videos of breakdowns/criticisms/analysis of an anime I've watched. So yeah, I'm happy to be here, I hope to get along with y'all. 

7 hours ago, Gonstroph said:

I'm here mainly because I really like talking about anime. I talk about it with my friends, my coworkers, and consume YouTube videos of breakdowns/criticisms/analysis of an anime I've watched. So yeah, I'm happy to be here, I hope to get along with y'all. 

Firstly, welcome to the forum, sounds like you'll fit right in.

Secondly, Like you I like talking about anime and often watch YouTube videos about it. Unlike you none of my friends watch anime* and most probably don't know what it is and those that do most likely think it's all Pokemon.

*Well, that's not strictly true, I do have one friend who watches anime but he only does so when we meet up and as we live quite a distance apart and he is very busy with work we only mange it a couple of times a year.  So this forum is the only place I can talk about anime.

Edited by Animedragon
  • Agree 1

Welcome to the Insanity! Enjoy your time here, just watch out for *ducks flying Mi-go*. Dammit! Who keeps opening THAT door?? *chases after the escapee while yelling* Anyways, welcome!!

12 hours ago, Gonstroph said:

I watched a few shows the past few years, but I really began getting into anime at the end of 2021, and have been Binging show after show for the past few months. 

I've always appreciated good works of art in any medium, and anime is no different. The kinda shows I wanna see are good ones, I don't care what genre they are, FMA, Ouran high school host club, Serial Experiments Lain, whatever.

Weirdly enough that sounds very similar to me,  only different is I got into Anime middle of 2020 or around that time. However I too like to watch the good works, I go through serious vetting to not waste my time, I stick to stuff I know I like or look up openings, check scores, look for opinions and also see what recommendation I get from the shows I've seen. It works nighty percent of the time, but the occasional Witch Hunter Robin or Golden Times slip through. 

FMA is a great show, if you're looking for another great Shonen try Hunter x Hunter that an awesome series if you've not got round to it. It slightly loner maybe running another sixty episodes or more however it much shorter than One Piece. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum! Have fun!

Ouran, and FMA are a couple of my favorites too!

Since you didn't mention it, I would suggest My Hero Academia - and I'm not generally a superhero person, but the story and world in it is really interesting to me.

I also like to try and tell people about Yakitate!! Japan, as it's one of my favorites and very underrated. It's about making bread, but its much better than it sounds, and REALLY funny!

Cowboy Bebop is a good classic, and Space Dandy is similar in ways - when it came out I thought it was a direct parody of bebop, but it's not. But it's really funny, and has a lot of similarities. (Both going through space, both bounty hunters.)

I could give you more recommendations but I don't want to give you too many!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MediaConsumesMe said:

Weirdly enough that sounds very similar to me,  only different is I got into Anime middle of 2020 or around that time. However I too like to watch the good works, I go through serious vetting to not waste my time, I stick to stuff I know I like or look up openings, check scores, look for opinions and also see what recommendation I get from the shows I've seen. It works nighty percent of the time, but the occasional Witch Hunter Robin or Golden Times slip through. 

FMA is a great show, if you're looking for another great Shonen try Hunter x Hunter that an awesome series if you've not got round to it. It slightly loner maybe running another sixty episodes or more however it much shorter than One Piece. 

LMAO your philosophy to watching shows is very similar to mine as well, I want shows that are worth my time watching, not ones that end up disappointing or boring, so I also check out the shows ratings beforehand or listen to youtuber's reccomendations. 

I watched a bit of hunter x Hunter a long time ago but forgot about it, I'll try it again someday though. 

42 minutes ago, Takatofan1986 said:

Welcome to the forum! Have fun!

Ouran, and FMA are a couple of my favorites too!

Since you didn't mention it, I would suggest My Hero Academia - and I'm not generally a superhero person, but the story and world in it is really interesting to me.

I also like to try and tell people about Yakitate!! Japan, as it's one of my favorites and very underrated. It's about making bread, but its much better than it sounds, and REALLY funny!

Cowboy Bebop is a good classic, and Space Dandy is similar in ways - when it came out I thought it was a direct parody of bebop, but it's not. But it's really funny, and has a lot of similarities. (Both going through space, both bounty hunters.)

I could give you more recommendations but I don't want to give you too many!

Yakitate looks like it leans towards slice of life, so I'll very likely enjoy it. And I'd love to see how they make a show about making bread, It's concept reminds me of a show I watched awhile back called silver spoon awhile back that explored how the Japanese agricultural industry works and how food products are made and what people need to do in order to make their final products. So I'm def putting that on my list. 

• Like 1
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

21 minutes ago, Gonstroph said:

It's concept reminds me of a show I watched awhile back called silver spoon

I loved silver spoon too! If you enjoyed that, I would also recommend Moyashimon and Moyashimon Returns. It's also about an agriculture college. but the main character has an ability to see microbes. Even though that sounds kind of wild, it's still pretty calm/slice of life, just when something goes wrong, he has an idea of why.