Anime recommendations again

er0

Question

I spent the evening playing music from Robotech on my acoustic guitar. It's beautiful. The unconventional choices of keys, the subtle key changes, and the unsettled melodies so often found in anime...

So, I decided to come here to ask for recommendations for anime gems that I might not be aware of. Please recommend away! If you help me find something, it will likely make my summer better.

- I've watched everything by Studio Ghibli

- I'm looking for "special" anime series or movies that I may have somehow missed. Here are a some examples of what I have watched and loved:

-- Robotech
-- Vinland Saga
-- Death Note
-- Erased (Boku dake ga Inai Machi)
-- Puella Magi Madoka Magica
-- Slayers

-- Radiant

I have watched Dragon Ball, Cowboy Beebop, Steins Gate, Demon Slayer, Naruta - but those (maybe with the exception of Cowboy Beebop) were mostly only entertaining, not the "special" that I am looking for.

Really good music is one of the things that makes it special.

Thanks in advance, and if you happen to not have watched something in my list, then you're really missing something - so enjoy!

Edited by er0
accidental submit

5 answers to this question

Some series that really stood out to me:

Fate Zero

Star Blazers 2199 & 2202

Fruits Basket (2019 - 2021)

Megalo Box & Nomad (Megalo Box 2)

Violet Evergarden & Violet Evergarden the Movie

Magic Knight Rayearth (tv series 1 & 2)

Monster

Dororo (2019)

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

2 hours ago, er0 said:

- I'm looking for "special" anime series or movies that I may have somehow missed.

Really good music is one of the things that makes it special.

What makes an anime "Special" very much depends on personal preferences.  But here are a few that I regard as special:

- Saikano
- The Place Promised in our Early Days
- Your Name

I would be remiss in not mentioning my favourite anime series, and one that's very special to me; Clannad/Clannad After Story. (but it might not be your style).

All these have good music, but I think that out of the four Clannad series and The Place Promised have the best music.

• Like 1

I know someone else said this but it's so good I just had to recommend it as well. Violet Evergarden. It's one of the few shows that can tie great music, animation, voice acting, storyline, characters and so much more together with overall no flaws (I'm probably exaggerating a bit).

Kakegurui. Idk, just h*rny anime girls gambling. What could go wrong? 😄

Weathering With You. It's a really good movie!

Bubble. Same as the last one. Also this one has parkour that looks really cool animated.