Chit Chat Thread

Nebulous

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Digimon_Sommelier said:

Spring weather is here. *Sigh* Brace yourselves for April showers!

It's still snowing here. lol Living in Colorado has its perks, but on trash day if the driveway is buried in snow taking out the trash can be a big issue. Sometimes it makes me mad enough to kick the trash bin. lol

8 hours ago, Rebel Spirit said:

It's still snowing here. lol Living in Colorado has its perks, but on trash day if the driveway is buried in snow taking out the trash can be a big issue. Sometimes it makes me mad enough to kick the trash bin. lol

Thankfully it's a sunny day here, but still a bit cold. It's trash day here and as I type this I can hear the crashing and banging as the bin-men empty all the boxes. Local councils here in the UK are big on recycling so bin day (as we call it) is quite a performance and everything has to be sorted. Tins, glass and plastic goes in the black box, paper and cardboard in the blue box, food waste goes in the green box (which has a lid to hopefully keep the foxes out). Stuff that can't be recycled goes in a black sack.

I've also got a garden waste bin, I have to pay extra for that, and it's not cheap, but it is good value when you consider the hassle of bagging the garden waste and taking it to the local recycling centre, which isn't all that local, and then having to clean the inside of the car because however carefully you bag it some stuff escapes! 😡

• Wow 1

58 minutes ago, Animedragon said:

Thankfully it's a sunny day here, but still a bit cold. It's trash day here and as I type this I can hear the crashing and banging as the bin-men empty all the boxes. Local councils here in the UK are big on recycling so bin day (as we call it) is quite a performance and everything has to be sorted. Tins, glass and plastic goes in the black box, paper and cardboard in the blue box, food waste goes in the green box (which has a lid to hopefully keep the foxes out). Stuff that can't be recycled goes in a black sack.

I've also got a garden waste bin, I have to pay extra for that, and it's not cheap, but it is good value when you consider the hassle of bagging the garden waste and taking it to the local recycling centre, which isn't all that local, and then having to clean the inside of the car because however carefully you bag it some stuff escapes! 😡

I wish we'd recycle, but we just can't afford the means. The trash guys (the guys that pick up our trash) are the most convenient, whereas recycling would be extremely inconvenient for us. I still wish we would, but it isn't my place to make a recommendation that might affect the family's finances.

What kind of stuff goes into the garden waste bin? I'm wondering, but for the life of me I can't figure out what would go in it. It really sucks that some stuff escapes the bag, from what it sounds like, no matter what you do. You've got my sympathy, man, but also my respect for recycling. I love people that recycle. It's what I wish we could do, but we just can't. We live in such a remote area, we're lucky we get people to come by on Mondays to pick up our trash.

24 minutes ago, Android Rebel said:

What kind of stuff goes into the garden waste bin? I'm wondering, but for the life of me I can't figure out what would go in it.

The garden waste bin is for grass cuttings, weeds, rotten windfall fruit, cuttings from pruning hedges and plants etc, in fact just about anything organic.

4 hours ago, Animedragon said:

Pretty similar to how it is over here in Portugal, minus the fact that we have recycling bins and waste bin for a neighborhood (sometimes multiple one for the same street )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ruiiji said:

Pretty similar to how it is over here in Portugal, minus the fact that we have recycling bins and waste bin for a neighborhood (sometimes multiple one for the same street )

Yes, this is often the case here for blocks of flats where the individual flats don't have any frontage on the public highway.

12 hours ago, Animedragon said:

The garden waste bin is for grass cuttings, weeds, rotten windfall fruit, cuttings from pruning hedges and plants etc, in fact just about anything organic.

Huh. That's pretty neat that they can recycle that stuff. I never would've thought to re-purpose rotten fruit.

8 hours ago, Android Rebel said:

Huh. That's pretty neat that they can recycle that stuff. I never would've thought to re-purpose rotten fruit.

Apparently it's composted and turned into fertiliser. 

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

13 hours ago, Animedragon said:

Apparently it's composted and turned into fertiliser. 

That, right there, is really awesome. I'm glad they can use it like that. Now if only we could find someone to recycle our garden "trash". ><

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

By the grace of the god is good light novel?

On 5/14/2023 at 1:15 AM, Digimon_Sommelier said:

My forum has, like, zero traffic. lol

That's is really bad , you need to thought how get  traffic for you site.

Edited by animechat