Azumanga Daioh.

Gonstroph

I just wanna talk about this show for a bit. I just finished it recently and was completely blown away. 

My favorite Comedy anime has long been Ouran High School Host Club just because no other has actually got me to laugh or feel for the characters like that show did. It felt on another level compared to any other comedy I've watched. 

So finding another Comedy masterpiece feels really refreshing. Azumanga Daioh I watched solely because I found out Kiyohiko Azuma had a work that was actually adapted into an anime. I've read Yotsubato and feel in love with the series and everything about it, so seeing his style of writing adapted into an animated series I was very excited about and I was not disappointed. 

The big thing I love about this show is, unsurprisingly to y'all who have watched it, the characters. They just are fleshed out to the point where you could run into people exactly like them in real life. Koyomi, Chiyo, Tomo, Minamo, and Yukari are some of the best written characters from what I've seen. This is still a comedy anime and a lot of the others are ridiculous or exaggerated somehow and that's fine, they're still such organic characters, they feel natural, like real and with depth. 

And others who are a bit more unrealistic are still some of the best characters in any show I've seen for other reasons. Like Osaka. Osaka. Osaka. Osaka. She is something else I have never seen before and I loved every goddamn second she was on screen. And she's completely killed me a few times, I love it. 

To anyone who hasn't watched this show, I'm on the ground asking you to. 

I would've posted this on previous topic about Azumanga, but it was closed. PLUS this show has too much to talk about, I could go on and on.)

• Like 1

The anime I always think of when people  mention the Slice of Life  genre & one of my all time favorites anime.

I see Tomo & Yomi growing up to be just like Yukari & Nyamo spacer.pngspacer.png

Of the students, I think Sasaki is my favorite.  spacer.png
But my favorite overall has to be Yukari for being the best worst teacher/role model of all time 🤣spacer.png 

on a side note, I’ll recommend checking out School Rumble & Yuru (Laidback) Camp which are my #2 & #3 SoL series.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

I know of this show because of the classic AMV Hell 3. (There were other AMV Hell's in the series but I didn't like them nearly as much as the 3rd one.)

I feel like I tried to watch AD back then but didn't get into it, but I don't really remember. Reading this post, I'm gonna try it again!

• Funny 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

I need to revisit this series. I watched it a looong time ago, but only once. Guess I have yet another reason to go up and rummage through the attic. 😅

• Like 1