I Need Some Recommendations

KaiyaSaysHaiya

Question

13 answers to this question

Could try Madoka Magica - that a depressing, artistically pleasing, short anime only 12 episodes + a film. Made in Abyss is less dark but again good storyline and short at around 12 episodes + a film. New seasons coming out so could check that out as well.

Parasyte is another anime, it a little longer at 24 episodes however it again a good compelling story, great animation and a nuanced take on Alien invasion similar to the Thing or Invasion of the Body Snatchers but grapples with some unique and interesting story beats and character development. Then there is Psycho Pass, I mention this anime from time to time, again unlike the first two it a little longer, at around 22 episodes however it got great animation and a really great cast of characters and is one of the Urobuchi classic from the early 2010s like Madoka - a great series and well worth a watch if you've not got round to it yet. 

Finally I'd be remised if I didn't recommend it, Fate Zero, again this one is a little longer one season is 12 episodes and the other is 13. It has a slow start, but by god is it worth sitting down and giving it a full watch. It well animated (ufotable), great characters and lots of action. It also got a Sequel in the form of Fate Unlimited Blade Works so if you like it you got more to look forward too. 

You might like to take a look at "ef:A Tale of Memories" and " ef:A Tale of Melodies".

"Melodies", which is the second part, is more depressing than the first part.  Both parts have excellent music.

I haven't watched Violet Evergarden yet, so I don't really know how this compares to it, but I'd recommend Eighty-Six. It's 23 episodes total, but it's in two parts. I think the first part goes up to ep 11. I'd suggest not getting too attached to some of the side characters in this show if you do watch it, because a lot of them get killed in action.

I think "A Silent Voice" is just what you need. It is not a series, but a film that lasts for a a little more than 2 hours. It is a very heart warming (and really sad) story. I'd also recommend you "The Ancient Magus Bride". I know you said you'd like something shorter, but I think this series isn't so long, it has two seasons and each has 12 eps. It is a very nice fantasy, and romance anime...I really enjojed it, and it is one of my favourites.

On 7/31/2022 at 1:10 PM, KaiyaSaysHaiya said:

So, I was wondering if anyone has any anime like Violet Evergarden. I just need depressing anime with a good storyline, pretty art and amazing music. Preferably something short like 12-13 episode long.

While it's a movie not a series, "I want to eat your pancreas" has the most heartbreakingly gut-wrenching ending I've ever seen.

On 8/26/2022 at 4:47 PM, Animedragon said:

While it's a movie not a series, "I want to eat your pancreas" has the most heartbreakingly gut-wrenching ending I've ever seen.

I've been planning on watching it but I don't have much time to do so

But ty  ^^

• Like 1