Would You Rather Watch Anime or Create It Yourself?

Lone Lancer

Any Aspiring Content Creators?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Describe Yourself As Someone Who Would Rather Watch Anime or Make Anime Yourself?

• I Would Rather Watch Anime Created By Others
    • I Want To Create My Own Original Anime!

Obviously, everyone who is here today is here because they watch anime and they love the style. I get that. I wonder though, how many others have dreams of following in the footsteps of the giants that have provided them with some of the greatest moments of entertainment in their lives? How many people here want to make anime themselves? I will humbly admit that I cannot draw like that ( probably never ), but I do have certain other attributes that could go into making a successful anime with the help of others. It would actually probably be a more prudent course of action to start out with a manga than an actual anime, so in that way there is at least a clear template to follow storywise before trying to make it into an animated series from scratch.

I've often thought that it would be great to be able to create my own manga or anime, but sadly I have no artistic ability whatsoever and anything I attempt to draw ends up looking nothing like what I was trying to draw. ☹️

Some anime DVD's have "making of" documentaries included as extras and I always find these to be interesting, but one thing comes across clearly in all of them, and that is that making an anime series takes many many hours and is very hard work.

Edited by Animedragon
  • Agree 1

Pretty much what @Animedragon said above. I do a little sketching on very rare occasion, but I'm not really all that serious with creating visual art. I think it would be fun to do voice acting for a series, but I'm no actor, so that's out too. At the end of the day, I don't have much to offer to such an undertaking, and feel it would be best if I left it to those who have the abilities, time and resources to do it.

• Agree 1

Making an anime seems like too much effort for me, being the lazy person I am. However, it is pretty much my dream to become a manga artist. My art style isn't really "anime style" at the moment but I hope I can learn to draw like that. My cousin is an amazing artist and she inspired me to draw so it would also be cool to show her how much I've learned.

So yeah, I love to watch anime and I'd love to create a manga. I should probably learn Japanese though-

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KaiyaSaysHaiya said:

Making an anime seems like too much effort for me, being the lazy person I am. However, it is pretty much my dream to become a manga artist. My art style isn't really "anime style" at the moment but I hope I can learn to draw like that. My cousin is an amazing artist and she inspired me to draw so it would also be cool to show her how much I've learned.

So yeah, I love to watch anime and I'd love to create a manga. I should probably learn Japanese though-

In essence though, is the manga artist not also the creator of the universe and its characters? If you manage to create a manga serial that gets approved for an animated series, then that would technically make you an anime creator - albeit indirectly. Hold on tight to those dreams. 🙂

• Friendly 1

8 hours ago, Kōyamaki said:

In essence though, is the manga artist not also the creator of the universe and its characters? If you manage to create a manga serial that gets approved for an animated series, then that would technically make you an anime creator - albeit indirectly. Hold on tight to those dreams. 🙂

True that, and will do!

My 69th comment-reply-thingy-ma-bob 🤭

Edited by KaiyaSaysHaiya
  • Like 1