FALL 2022 ANIME

Ohayotaku

Less than a month until a new line-up of seasonals https://www.livechart.me/fall-2022/tv

Sequels I’m looking forward to: Golden Kamuy S4 • Spy x Family 2nd cour • Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-kun S3 • Mob Psycho 100 S3 • My Hero Academia S6

New Series I’m Curious About: Chainsaw Man • Reincarnated as a Sword • The Eminence in Shadow • Bocchi the Rock

How about other folks?

• Like 1

Looking forward to Spy x Family cour 2 probably the most.

And I'm looking forward to Chainsaw Man too. I've read the first two volumes of the manga, so I kinda have an idea of how it starts off. Sadly, I haven't watched or read any of the other listings, so I can't really say at the moment about them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Most excited for Mob Psycho 100 III.

For sequels, I'll be watching BNHA, SxF and Fumetsu no Anata e. I hope the new season of BNHA is better than the previous few..

For new series, Chainsaw Man and Bocchi the Rock.  BtR seems similar to K-ON, so I think I'll enjoy it.

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, EmptyCUp said:

I hope the new season of BNHA is better than the previous

Yeah, the trailers look pretty awesome, but the past 2 seasons have conditioned me to be disappointed.

8 hours ago, EmptyCUp said:

Fumetsu no Anata

I’ll probably watch it too, though I felt season 1 was kinda overhyped.

1 hour ago, Ohayotaku said:

Seems pretty solid. The animation looks decent too. I'm looking forward to October because of this and Spy x Family in particular.

I didn't expect that there will be a new season of digi charat since i thought nobody knew this about this series except maybe some older anime fan. I also didn't expect a new gundam series and a new urusei yatsura which I have never watched the original. 

On 9/5/2022 at 9:53 PM, Ohayotaku said:

• Spy x Family 2nd cour • Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-kun S3 • Mob Psycho 100 S3 •

these are the three new sequel I'm hype about. Just watched the new op of spy x family and I'm so happy that bump of chicken made it because I love their march come in like a lion openings (same with this one). I guess I'm lucky since both gen hoshino and bump of chicken, who are two of my favorite musician, made a song for this anime. 

I'm also hype for chainsaw man and the eminance of shadow since i heard very food things about it. And I can totally confirm that eminance of shadow will be good since I read the manga and loved it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Soramee_ said:

I didn't expect that there will be a new season of digi charat since i thought nobody knew this about this series except maybe some older anime fan. I also didn't expect a new gundam series and a new urusei yatsura which I have never watched the original. 

I only saw a couple of episodes of Digi Charat, but Urusei Yatsura is a real blast from the past I had several volumes of that back in the days of VHS tapes. I'm really not sure about new versions of old series because they rarely capture the style of the original and can easily end up as pale imitations that annoy fans of the original series.

While I liked Urusei Yatsura  I don't think it and other series, such as Ranma 1/2 and Dirty Pair, have really aged all that well. I've got some Ranma and DP DVDs which I brought in the early days of DVD and watching them now I wonder what I ever saw in them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Soramee_ said:

a new urusei yatsura

3 hours ago, Animedragon said:

I only saw a couple of episodes of Digi Charat, but Urusei Yatsura is a real blast from the past I had several volumes of that back in the days of VHS tapes. I'm really not sure about new versions of old series because they rarely capture the style of the original and can easily end up as pale imitations that annoy fans of the original series.

While I liked Urusei Yatsura  I don't think it and other series, such as Ranma 1/2 and Dirty Pair, have really aged all that well. I've got some Ranma and DP DVDs which I brought in the early days of DVD and watching them now I wonder what I ever saw in them.

Trailer for the Urusei Yatsura remake 

honestly wasn’t a fan of the little bit of the original I saw & was skeptical if a remake was a good idea, but after watching this, am at least a little more open to giving it a chance (that’s a whole lot of yelling though 😂 )

7 hours ago, Soramee_ said:

a new gundam series

Despite having watched anime for 40+ years, I ‘ve never actually managed to complete a Gundam series 😅 But recently watched the prologue episode of Witch from Mercury & enjoyed it enough to make another attempt at it. A recent article said it will be split cour ( the 1st running from October through December & the 2nd beginning in April of next year)

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2022/09/28-1/mobile-suit-gundam-the-witch-from-mercury-tv-anime-to-air-in-split-cours

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

Trailer for the Urusei Yatsura remake 

honestly wasn’t a fan of the little bit of the original I saw & was skeptical if a remake was a good idea, but after watching this, am at least a little more open to giving it a chance (that’s a whole lot of yelling though 😂 )

Despite having watched anime for 40+ years, I ‘ve never actually managed to complete a Gundam series 😅 But recently watched the prologue episode of Witch from Mercury & enjoyed it enough to make another attempt at it. A recent article said it will be split cour ( the 1st running from October through December & the 2nd beginning in April of next year)

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2022/09/28-1/mobile-suit-gundam-the-witch-from-mercury-tv-anime-to-air-in-split-cours

Interesting. The character designs are much as I remember them, which is a good sign.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2022/09/29/spy-x-family-tv-animes-2nd-opening-theme-song-video-sneaks-past-45-million-views

seems we’re not the only ones to think it was awesome 🤩 It certainly managed to build the already considerable hype for the premiere Saturday. One funny note, while the trailer seemed to place most of the focus on Loid, he wasn’t all that noticeable in the OP, the emphasis being more on Yor & Anna.

12 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2022/09/29/spy-x-family-tv-animes-2nd-opening-theme-song-video-sneaks-past-45-million-views

seems we’re not the only ones to think it was awesome 🤩 It certainly managed to build the already considerable hype for the premiere Saturday. One funny note, while the trailer seemed to place most of the focus on Loid, he wasn’t all that noticeable in the OP, the emphasis being more on Yor & Anna.

Yor is much easier on the eyes than Loid is, anyway, IMO. 🥰

• Agree 1

For those interested in the new Bleach, looks like Hulu & Disney+ will be the 2 legal options outside Japan.

Not really interested myself, but for those who are, this is what’s official

Honestly very, very torn on whether to watch this remake or not when I found how how many more episodes the original has than this version, which if I remember right, will only have around 47 episodes. 

I just finished Ranma and want more from Rumiko Takahashi, so what would yall say is best between the two options? 

• 3 months later...

My final thoughts on the Fall 2022 season (copy/paste from my post on MAL)

Best Story - Raven of the Inner Palace

Best Animation - Chainsaw Man

Best Art Style - Legend of Mana: The Teardrop Crystal

Best Setting/World - Raven of the Inner Palace

Best OP - Spy x Family 2nd cour

Best ED - Raven of the Inner Palace

Best OST - Chainsaw Man

Best Action - My Hero Academia 6 (1st cour)

Best Adventure - Reincarnated as a Sword 

Best Comedy-Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-kun 3

Best Drama - Mob Psycho 100 III

Best Fantasy - The Eminence in Shadow 

Best Supernatural - Raven of the Inner Palace

Best Mystery - Raven of the Inner Palace 

Best Romance - More Than a Married Couple, But Not Lovers

Best Science Fiction - MSG: The Witch from Mercury

Best Slice of Life - Do It Yourself

Best Short Series (2-15 minutes) - Doomsday With My Dog

Best Male Character - Iruma Suzuki (Welcome to Demon School 3)

Best Female Character - Shouxue Liu (Raven of the Inner Palace)

Best Supporting Character - Arataka Reigen (Mob Psycho 100 III)

Best Non-Human Character - Mameda (My Master Has No Tail)

Best Antagonist - Dabi (My Hero Academia 6)

Most Adorable/Cutest Character - Fran (Reincarnated as a Sword)

Best Couple/Ship - Gaojun Xia & Shouxue Liu (Raven of the Inner Palace)

Best Character Designs - Legend of Mana: The Teardrop Crystal

Best Overall Cast - My Hero Academia 6 (1st cour)

Best Male VA - Kenjiro Tsuda (Kidou Minobe - Shinobi no Itoki; Kishibe - Chainsaw Man; Kansatshusha - To Your Eternity 2)

Best Female VA - Saku Mizuno (Shouxue Liu - Raven of the Inner Palace)

Worst of Fall 2022 - Peter Grill Super EXtra

Biggest Disappointment of Fall 2022 - Lucifer & the Biscuit Hammer

Biggest Surprise of Fall 2022 - Raven of the Inner Palace

Best of Fall 2022 - My Hero Academia 6  (1st cour)

******* link to MAL topic (honorable mentions included)

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Winner 1

On 1/8/2023 at 8:01 PM, Ohayotaku said:

My final thoughts on the Fall 2022 season (copy/paste from my post on MAL)

Best Story - Raven of the Inner Palace

Best Animation - Chainsaw Man

Best Art Style - Legend of Mana: The Teardrop Crystal

Best Setting/World - Raven of the Inner Palace

Best OP - Spy x Family 2nd cour

Best ED - Raven of the Inner Palace

Best OST - Chainsaw Man

Best Action - My Hero Academia 6 (1st cour)

Best Adventure - Reincarnated as a Sword 

Best Comedy-Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-kun 3

Best Drama - Mob Psycho 100 III

Best Fantasy - The Eminence in Shadow 

Best Supernatural - Raven of the Inner Palace

Best Mystery - Raven of the Inner Palace 

Best Romance - More Than a Married Couple, But Not Lovers

Best Science Fiction - MSG: The Witch from Mercury

Best Slice of Life - Do It Yourself

Best Short Series (2-15 minutes) - Doomsday With My Dog

Best Male Character - Iruma Suzuki (Welcome to Demon School 3)

Best Female Character - Shouxue Liu (Raven of the Inner Palace)

Best Supporting Character - Arataka Reigen (Mob Psycho 100 III)

Best Non-Human Character - Mameda (My Master Has No Tail)

Best Antagonist - Dabi (My Hero Academia 6)

Most Adorable/Cutest Character - Fran (Reincarnated as a Sword)

Best Couple/Ship - Gaojun Xia & Shouxue Liu (Raven of the Inner Palace)

Best Character Designs - Legend of Mana: The Teardrop Crystal

Best Overall Cast - My Hero Academia 6 (1st cour)

Best Male VA - Kenjiro Tsuda (Kidou Minobe - Shinobi no Itoki; Kishibe - Chainsaw Man; Kansatshusha - To Your Eternity 2)

Best Female VA - Saku Mizuno (Shouxue Liu - Raven of the Inner Palace)

Worst of Fall 2022 - Peter Grill Super EXtra

Biggest Disappointment of Fall 2022 - Lucifer & the Biscuit Hammer

Biggest Surprise of Fall 2022 - Raven of the Inner Palace

Best of Fall 2022 - My Hero Academia 6  (1st cour)

******* link to MAL topic (honorable mentions included)

I'm happy to see the love for Raven. That show is so underrated. 

• Agree 1