How do I post on the forums (not like that)

Darkbee

Question

I know this seems dumb but I've never used a forum before, I've only lurked from afar because I'm too scared to say anything because it feels like I'll be looked down on, and when I see veteran users on sites I always get really nervous, so this isn't a question as to how to post, I just wish someone could help me build up courage so I don't feel so scared when I come on these types of sites

• Friendly 1

5 answers to this question

My experience around here are that the regular members aren’t as toxic or judgmental as on the larger sites & I’ve yet to encounter any trolls here spacer.png jk :P 

If you see a topic that interests you, jump right in or ask any questions you might have.

As far as posting embarrassing things, eh, happens all the time, you get used to itspacer.png

^ one of my favorite & most relatable gifs 😂

Edited by Ohayotaku

I've not seen anyone "looked down upon" for what they post or what anime they watch. The rule pretty much seems to be "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything".

So post away happily and remember that if someone does make a nasty comment it's their problem not yours so ignore it and move on.

Sometimes I struggle a little with what I want to post for similar reasons you stated and actually scrap it altogether after spending 15-ish minutes writing it out, so I can relate a little bit to what you're saying. But, nobody here thus far has ever said or done anything to make me feel like my opinions, contributions or thoughts are invalid or worthless, no matter if they might or might not be. Don't worry about what others might say or do. Even if someone were to react in a toxic way to your contributions, let them make a fool of themselves in front of everyone else. In the end, they'll be the ones that slit their own throats and lose everyone's respect. Luckily though, as Ohayotaku and Animedragon said, we don't really seem to have that problem here.

Welcome to the forums, please make yourself at home. 😃

7 hours ago, Darkbee said:

I know this seems dumb but I've never used a forum before, I've only lurked from afar because I'm too scared to say anything because it feels like I'll be looked down on, and when I see veteran users on sites I always get really nervous, so this isn't a question as to how to post, I just wish someone could help me build up courage so I don't feel so scared when I come on these types of sites

Courage comes with experience so just find a topic or two you like, interact, and see how it goes.  If you need to you can start small by using the "like" button.  :)  Don't worry too much about it.  Every forum is different but at least around here everyone seems a decent sort.

And of course, welcome to AF! 

12 hours ago, efaardvark said:

Courage comes with experience so just find a topic or two you like, interact, and see how it goes.  If you need to you can start small by using the "like" button.  :)  Don't worry too much about it.  Every forum is different but at least around here everyone seems a decent sort.

And of course, welcome to AF! 

Thank you all for your kind comments, ive spent all day looking around and it seems nice, I'm sorry I took so 

Long to respond, I was really scared of what the comments were but looking at them now, I'm really happy that I picked this forum to goof off on

• Like 3