How often do you change your opinion on a given subject?

FSL29

I understand that there are a lot of people that tend to be 'stubborn' when giving an opinion, I know its cool when you stand by your own beliefs, but have you ever tried to question them? Even then, some of us dont really change our view/opinion on the matter most of the time, not necesarilly because of stubborness, as pride might also be the reason for that.

I have to admit I am as stubborn as a mule.....end of story :P Even so, I don't get mean towards people with different opinions, I like listening to every possible point of view. However, in order to accept something different from what I believe, the world must end xD BUT! I must mention that the reason for me not changing my beliefs is not just pure stubborness....it's also knowledge. I have thought a lot and studied a lot and listened a lot to reach a point where I can decide weather to accept something or not. And if it's a topic I don't know about, I usually search for more info. The only way for me to question myself is only if someone gets me solid evidence that proves something different.

The only way for me to question myself is only if someone gets me solid evidence that proves something different.

So lets just say someone proves something was wrong with your opinion, you feel it was a solid enough and you considered it, and you realized that it was wrong all along, will you change your opinion then? or must the world end first :P?

Yes and no. At one point in the past, I actually did have quite a bit of curiosity about many things, and was constantly changing my opinion while questioning most everything. However, now that I've pretty much lost all of that curiosity, I won't really say that I'm never wrong, but I really like listening to other people's ideas and viewpoints as well, and simply adding their viewpoint as just something to know.

So lets just say someone proves something was wrong with your opinion, you feel it was a solid enough and you considered it, and you realized that it was wrong all along, will you change your opinion then? or must the world end first :P?

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell dunno....I guess waiting for the world to end can take too long :P

End of the world is waaaaaayyyy too long to change your opinion in some cases. Lol.

But for me I usually stick up to what I believe in and don't usually change my opinions easily. But the clear thing is I always think and weigh things out before giving my opinion. Sometimes your opinions and the cases can vary too. You have to study the case before giving an opinion. An example is that you can't easily give your opinion to a person you just met right? That is stupidity.

I'm constantly questioning my opinions and views. Not because I have no confidence but because the number one thing of my list of what I want to be is to be good person. So to do that I question what my views and opinions really mean. How those views would effect others if they were to know how I felt.

I've gotten to the point that I don't change my point of view much. I've gotten to an acceptable point of empathy and compassion that I'm happy with. I always keep my mind and heart open however.

• Like 1

tbh, Im pretty much the same with @redhope

I was always on the position to make decision and give opinions back then, obviously for me to change opinion means letting down the people that 'works' with me. So I dont often change my opinion, but I do question them, there are times when some people contradict my opinion, I accept that, but I need to consider it first whether it was strong/beneficial enough for me to change my opinion.

Im an open-minded guy however(probably..), I take everyone opinion into consideration everytime.

• Like 1

Not often, but I do change my mind quickly when I finally realise something I've never thought about before. It is rare, but when someone actually proposes logical, non-opinion reasons for why I am wrong about something, I'm quick to admit I was wrong or possibly wrong. Often times, I'll need to think over the thing in question for a while in order to make up my mind again. Even if my opinion on said thing is the same in the end, my stance on it in entirety feels different. I may be less enthusiastic or more forgiving, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...