Geocaching?

Otaking66lives

Hi all. Anyone ever heard of, or maybe tried, geocaching? It's a fun outdoor activity that uses GPS to find items, or caches, hidden by other people. Like treasure hunting for adults. I've been geocaching for over 10 years casually and enjoy it very much. Would love to see if any of our merry little band have tried it.

I’ve never tried it myself, but on the side of the road near the edge of my business property we’ve seen people looking for something by the light pole. We asked someone what they were looking for, thinking perhaps they’d lost an item when they were here last, but they told us they were geocaching. It seems like it would be fun to do, as I enjoy walking the nature trails in the region. 

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

I used to hike a bit and found a few trailside caches in my wanderings.  I had an app that I used for planning hikes that had a "show nearby cache locations" feature that made it easy.  Haven't hunted up any for quite a while now tho.  Haven't even been hiking for years.   :(

I guess right now I'm a bit of an "urban cacher". So many are hidden in the cities as opposed to the hiking trails and wooded areas. It's nice when hunting for one takes me to a new part of the city I've never been to before. I love sharing photos of these places with everyone.

• 1 month later...

Just a title of this thread took me back. One of my moms and I did it often when I was around 10. My town had quite a few geocaches and it was always fun to see the creative ways people hid them. The stuff inside of them were usually not too exciting, but we always made sure to add some interesting knickknack in exchange. I kind of want to do it again actually. 

• Like 1