League of Legends!

Taalen

This is a free to play one isn't it? Still enjoyable/quite playable without the paid extras? I recall many free to play games were very undesirable to play (e.g. long grind) years ago, wonder how it is these days!

It's free to play, paying summoners (players) in League of Legends have no gameplay advantage over free summoners, other than looking more attractive than other summoners. There's no different account types.

Max level is 30, which is easy to obtain, so it's quite easy to get hooked.

Most players seem to play it once, leave it, come back again and find themselves loving it, like I did.

The MOBA industry is centered in being free to play at the moment, and I expect it'll stay that way

• 10 months later...

League can be seriously addictive -- I have literally thousands of games (eg likely thousands of hours spent) in ranked. On the other hand, for me it's an in-and-out game: every "now and then" I get hooked on to it, and then play and play and play. But then at a point it just stops being enjoyable -- for example at the end of season 3 just now in October, I wanted to hit the next tier before the season ended. I played lots of games, but the lack of caring on the side of my teammates ("what's the deal? you can't hit gold anyway") just made it a pain.

I haven't played since the pre-season started -- and since I heard that they messed up their new "balancing" experiments quite bad ("League of Targon"), I think I won't be back for a while now.

I went and tried out pre-season.

Jungle far easier to sustain yourself in, no more levelling problems there. There is definitely a change in the atmosphere of the game itself. With much more gold income to supports and the load of the vision game equally distributed amongst the team, most of Bronze has forgotten warding exists entirely.

I'm 100% sure the Relic shield/Targon's/Face of the Mountain will go, or suitable adjustments made. Changes to the brush layout makes sense, although you still need two wards to reveal bottom brush if placed on the far end -_-

Gameplay for other roles has remained relatively the same. Mastery changes have been nice, although I don't feel a noticeable difference. I mean, if we all have the same access to the same masteries, things across the board should be relatively the same.

tl;dr support and jungle are easier, everything else is the same.

Very hard to continue enjoying League, I've been in and out as well, as I have had very little time to commit to it. I keep getting to Bronze 1 (complete scrub) then dropping all the way back to 4. Slightly disheartening, and the team atmosphere, especially on Oceania is horrible. I much preferred North America, even with 240 ping.

On the other hand, most, if not all of my league friends are in silver heading to gold, one is already there. It's possible, but time vs achievement doesn't seem worth it. I'm happy to stay in the lower tiers and enjoy a game every couple of weeks or so :D

I play on NA (~150 ping for me), and this season I managed to work myself up from Bronze 5 to Silver. I think I could've reached Gold with a bit of luck, but the end-of-season lack of interest in ranked players was just too annoying to cope with.

League of Legends can be a pretty addicting game. It's awesome that both of you made it to Silver and Bronze. :) I never ventured into ranked, but even normal games frustrated me. I enjoyed playing Dominion and my favorite champions were Teemo and Katarina. @@Taalen and @@valerauko, what are your favorite maps and champions in League of Legends?

I mainly (only) play ranked, so that's Summoner's Rift. I like the 3v3 map (Twisted Treeline) too. Favorite champs? That's a tough one. I play any role except mid, mostly using Renekton, Volibear, Vi, Skarner, Tristana, Jinx, Lulu or Nautilus. I like heavy bruisers, because they're most suited for my "go in and destroy" playstyle.

• 2 months later...

I love this game!!

My favourite champion is Nidalee, because she can turn into a cat! I also have a thing for ranged people. Other than that I really like; Ahri, Ezreal, Soraka, Jinx, Kog Maw and many more. Nidalee is just <3

Looks like you're a ranged freak :P

Haven't played regularly for several months now, but favorite characters (not necessarily any good at them :) ) are Ezreal, Akali, Nid, Kat, Vayne and Cait for high dps characters, Garen and Malphite are my favorite tanky picks but in the end ill play whatever

• Like 1

Yes I am really a ranged freak. I like to sneak up to people, especially with those spears of Nidalee! "On the prowl!" =D

Her cat form is perfect to either run away or chase people haha. Also just to jump in Melee style to kill someone. I actually bought every single skin of Nidalee xD

I haven't played much since S3 ended. I wound up in... Bronze III, I believe. I swear, EUW gets the short end of the stick regarding servers, and in the nicest possible way I'd like to say a big "screw you" to the game constantly matching me up with Brazilians, Russians, and Spaniards who cannot speak a word of English. Uuuuuurgh.

I'm a support, mainly. Sona and Soraka were my top two, but I did start playing Thresh and Nami late in the game. I can play mid/top quite well too, but I prefer support, for the most part because nobody else ever seemed to want to do it. I used to play with a group of friends, and nobody wanted to support so I picked up that role, and repetition made me pretty good at it.

I love Udyr top though. Got my first pentakill vs actual players with him.

I haven't played much since S3 ended. I wound up in... Bronze III, I believe. I swear, EUW gets the short end of the stick regarding servers, and in the nicest possible way I'd like to say a big "screw you" to the game constantly matching me up with Brazilians, Russians, and Spaniards who cannot speak a word of English. Uuuuuurgh.

I'm a support, mainly. Sona and Soraka were my top two, but I did start playing Thresh and Nami late in the game. I can play mid/top quite well too, but I prefer support, for the most part because nobody else ever seemed to want to do it. I used to play with a group of friends, and nobody wanted to support so I picked up that role, and repetition made me pretty good at it.

I love Udyr top though. Got my first pentakill vs actual players with him.

I have that with French, Spanish and everything else in Europe. It mainly happens with French people. I ask them nicely to speak English but they don't and then I just say random French words to confuse them xD Like "Je voudrais une croissant" and they are like "O__O" haha =)

Soraka is really nice to play! She can get a lot of kills in Aram cause of Q =D

I have that with French, Spanish and everything else in Europe. It mainly happens with French people. I ask them nicely to speak English but they don't and then I just say random French words to confuse them xD Like "Je voudrais une croissant" and they are like "O__O" haha =)

Soraka is really nice to play! She can get a lot of kills in Aram cause of Q =D

I too say random things.

I usually don't build as a full support, because unless I'm playing with friends I tend to assume the adc I'm with will suck, so I make sure I have some offensive capabilities. Though Janna is pretty much the best support for going offensive. So much damage.

That's how I play Soraka too! Assuming the ADC will suck xD Only thing is that support can be a bit boring at the start not killing minions. Also if you kill someone accidentally people say KS so fast O.o

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van AN Community Forums

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Picked this game up a few months ago and now this eats for about 4 hours of my very limited 24 hour schedule.

I play with friends since solo QQ is Ellohell. :v

Who are your favorite champions to play? =)

If anyone is on EU West Server, add me! ^^ My username is: Spookje

Oh I see haha, I thought maybe my computer was messing things up! xD

What do you like about it? =D

I like how you can play with friends and even though you lose with your friends you can still have fun by not playing the current meta c:

• Optimistic 1

I don't have a fave but I have a few

Annie

Lux

Vayne

Thresh

Twisted Fate and more ;P

Sometimes I really suck with Annie haha, need to practice her more.

What do you think of Nidalee? <3