Favorite games to play?

Wild Emotion

Ok, so, after wondering this I figured nobody's asked this yet. Do you all have a favorite game (or games) to play?

Like, for example I've got the Platinum trophy for the DBZ Budokai HD Collection and Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage but they're both still 2 of my favorite games to play. So is Bleach: Soul Resurreccion, but I still need more trophies for it. I also love to play Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise and the DMC games (even DmC, despite the DMC faithful's disapproval of it). And FFVIII Remastered on my Switch.

How about you all? What are your favorite games to play?

• Like 1

There actually are a couple/few game-related topics on AF somewhere.

My favorite game ever is probably Kerbal Space Program.  Think of it as SimNASA, if NASA were run by little green Minions.  It has a huge learning cliff due to its (relatively) accurate modeling of the rocket physics - delta-V, orbital dynamics, and ISP are all included - but that is actually a plus in my book.  I also get a lot of enjoyment out of crafting/building so the fact that you have to design and build your own rocket is another big attraction to me.  I can spend all day in the VAB (Vehicle Assembly Building) designing a vehicle for a particular mission.  Then taking that vehicle - or set of vehicles - and actually successfully completing a set of contracts is very satisfying to my engineering brain. 

The biggest problem with KSP is that it takes me a lot of contiguous time and focus to design for, build for, and fly a mission in KSP.  Lately I just don't have the recreational hours available to do the development & building work in the VAB.  KSP is multidimensional too.  At base you just build rockets (or planes) to satisfy contracts but the harder levels and later stages of the game require you to build and maintain an industrial transportation and manufacturing base to satisfy the more complicated contracts.  This requires finding and refining resources, transporting materials and equipment, and other etc.  Often going back to a later-stage game that I haven't played for a while I find myself taking hours just to rediscover WTF I was doing before I can make any further progress in the game.  Any player of empire-building games like civilization will probably be familiar with the problem.  Unfortunately that means I haven't been able to devote much time to KSP lately.  :(

My second favorite game is likely minecraft.  It's a simple game but it does have the crafting and building aspects that I enjoy.  I also like to just explore the map.  (This works for KSP too btw.. especially with a few visual mods installed the views from orbit are part of the magic.)  Minecraft is simple enough that I don't need to spend a lot of thinking time on my builds however, which means I can sit down and play for 30 minutes here and there as time allows.  It is also amenable to cooperative/team play, which is another an attractive aspect for me.  I find that quite a lot of my game time these days is spent in minecraft.  I do occasionally post a screenshot in AF's minecraft and/or gaming topics.

I've never really thought about it but the games that I always come back to are ffXIV, osu, fate go, project sekai colorful stage, genshin impact and touhou 6 so I guess that would make them my favourites game of the moment. but as for all time i guess i could add minecraft since I would always play it as a kid, tetris 99, and pretty much every mario/mario kart games.

6 hours ago, efaardvark said:

There actually are a couple/few game-related topics on AF somewhere.

My favorite game ever is probably Kerbal Space Program.  Think of it as SimNASA, if NASA were run by little green Minions.  It has a huge learning cliff due to its (relatively) accurate modeling of the rocket physics - delta-V, orbital dynamics, and ISP are all included - but that is actually a plus in my book.  I also get a lot of enjoyment out of crafting/building so the fact that you have to design and build your own rocket is another big attraction to me.  I can spend all day in the VAB (Vehicle Assembly Building) designing a vehicle for a particular mission.  Then taking that vehicle - or set of vehicles - and actually successfully completing a set of contracts is very satisfying to my engineering brain. 

The biggest problem with KSP is that it takes me a lot of contiguous time and focus to design for, build for, and fly a mission in KSP.  Lately I just don't have the recreational hours available to do the development & building work in the VAB.  KSP is multidimensional too.  At base you just build rockets (or planes) to satisfy contracts but the harder levels and later stages of the game require you to build and maintain an industrial transportation and manufacturing base to satisfy the more complicated contracts.  This requires finding and refining resources, transporting materials and equipment, and other etc.  Often going back to a later-stage game that I haven't played for a while I find myself taking hours just to rediscover WTF I was doing before I can make any further progress in the game.  Any player of empire-building games like civilization will probably be familiar with the problem.  Unfortunately that means I haven't been able to devote much time to KSP lately.  :(

My second favorite game is likely minecraft.  It's a simple game but it does have the crafting and building aspects that I enjoy.  I also like to just explore the map.  (This works for KSP too btw.. especially with a few visual mods installed the views from orbit are part of the magic.)  Minecraft is simple enough that I don't need to spend a lot of thinking time on my builds however, which means I can sit down and play for 30 minutes here and there as time allows.  It is also amenable to cooperative/team play, which is another an attractive aspect for me.  I find that quite a lot of my game time these days is spent in minecraft.  I do occasionally post a screenshot in AF's minecraft and/or gaming topics.

Kerbal Space Program sounds interesting, and immersive. Nice choices. 

2 hours ago, Soramee_ said:

I've never really thought about it but the games that I always come back to are ffXIV, osu, fate go, project sekai colorful stage, genshin impact and touhou 6 so I guess that would make them my favourites game of the moment. but as for all time i guess i could add minecraft since I would always play it as a kid, tetris 99, and pretty much every mario/mario kart games.

Mario can be a lot of fun. Especially Mario Kart. How is FFXIV? Our wifi isn't up to par so I can't play it, but it still looks like a lot of fun.

I've got four main games I play pretty frequently. The first is Halo Master Chief Collections - I've played Halo throughout the years as my 'main FPS' but I'm casual and rusty so don't expect me to be top of the leaderboard. I have some occasional great, exceptional games and the worst I've played was a match where I was negative 22. Meaning I single handedly gave the enemy victory. 

See the source image

Fallout 3 and New Vegas and Knights of the Old Republic I and II are also games I frequently return too. 

Also, for the last year I've been playing Project Zomboid. It's a survival role playing game with zombies and multiplayer. And recently just gotten into Foxhole with the Inferno release. 

For mobile games... Its Fate/Grand Order. I've had some pretty successful pulls over the two years I've been playing. I've got EMYIA in the first roll they give you for free, I've also gotten Artoria, Artoira Alter and her Caster varient. I've even gotten Arthur Pendragon (the male Artoria from Prototype). I've also gotten Astolfo Rider and Saber class, Odysseus, Sigurd and Osakabehime. I'm currently gearing up for Shirou, Arcruid and Charlamagne. I doubt I'll get all three, or even all of them. But I'm hoping. 

3 hours ago, MediaConsumesMe said:

I've got four main games I play pretty frequently. The first is Halo Master Chief Collections - I've played Halo throughout the years as my 'main FPS' but I'm casual and rusty so don't expect me to be top of the leaderboard. I have some occasional great, exceptional games and the worst I've played was a match where I was negative 22. Meaning I single handedly gave the enemy victory. 

See the source image

Fallout 3 and New Vegas and Knights of the Old Republic I and II are also games I frequently return too. 

Also, for the last year I've been playing Project Zomboid. It's a survival role playing game with zombies and multiplayer. And recently just gotten into Foxhole with the Inferno release. 

For mobile games... Its Fate/Grand Order. I've had some pretty successful pulls over the two years I've been playing. I've got EMYIA in the first roll they give you for free, I've also gotten Artoria, Artoira Alter and her Caster varient. I've even gotten Arthur Pendragon (the male Artoria from Prototype). I've also gotten Astolfo Rider and Saber class, Odysseus, Sigurd and Osakabehime. I'm currently gearing up for Shirou, Arcruid and Charlamagne. I doubt I'll get all three, or even all of them. But I'm hoping. 

Nothing wrong with hoping. Don't worry though, we all have our blunders in games. What's important is how we deal with it. Right? :) That's also a lot more games than I was expecting. lol You've got some interesting ones. Personally though I suck at FPS, RPGs are more my thing. Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience in a FPS though.

14 hours ago, Otaku Gamer said:

How is FFXIV? Our wifi isn't up to par so I can't play it, but it still looks like a lot of fun.

it's really fun! it's one of my first mmorpg and it's really good.

1 hour ago, Otaku Gamer said:

Nothing wrong with hoping. Don't worry though, we all have our blunders in games. What's important is how we deal with it. Right? :) That's also a lot more games than I was expecting. lol You've got some interesting ones. Personally though I suck at FPS, RPGs are more my thing. Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience in a FPS though.

I like Halo for the campaign and whilst  I'm mud at Halo on social slayer (that negative be 22 was a real bad match) I really like it for the custom games that were made on it by the community. 

Plus getting grilled by a middle age ex merchant navy halo player for single handedly throwing the match is one of the funniest memories I have in gaming. 

Also I have to hold out hope for Shirou, Charlamgne and Arcruid. I won Arthur and Odysseus so I might get lucky on one of the three. 

Edited by MediaConsumesMe

7 hours ago, MediaConsumesMe said:

I like Halo for the campaign and whilst  I'm mud at Halo on social slayer (that negative be 22 was a real bad match) I really like it for the custom games that were made on it by the community. 

Plus getting grilled by a middle age ex merchant navy halo player for single handedly throwing the match is one of the funniest memories I have in gaming. 

Also I have to hold out hope for Shirou, Charlamgne and Arcruid. I won Arthur and Odysseus so I might get lucky on one of the three. 

That's an admirable mindset to have towards it. I tip my hat to you, sir. :) But man, you think he'd take it easy knowing it was only a game and not the real thing. He seriously grilled you for that?

6 hours ago, Nicholas D. Wolfwood said:

The GTA Series  Grand theft auto  series

But my two favorite games

are  GTA SA   and GTA 5

image.png.9a413f65082d58e4186764698aed8eff.png

&

image.png.98c8dcae2580bd483ba885d61295e285.png

Always good games! Even mom really got into it. I think it was the third one we played and loved so much. I was really surprised at mom though, she kicked a lot of ass in the game which was unexpected given she doesn't really play games. It was righteous!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I mainly play JRPGs, simulation games, visual novels, rhythm games, open world games, and small indie titles. Occasionally I play action and racing games too.

My favorite games into those genres are Anodyne 2, The House in Fata Morgana, Ace Attorney Investigations 2, Pokémon Black 2, Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Persona 5 Royal, Euro Truck Simulator 2/American Truck Simulator, Beat Saber, and Trails of Cold Steel 4.

I always find myself going back to Skyrim. I think there is no other game I've spent more hours in than this one. Apart from Skyrim, I always enjoyed LoZ: Ocarina of Time on the N64. Spent a fair amount of my childhood on that title. Before that, I think my favorite game in the early to mid-90s was Donkey Kong Country 2 on SNES.

Started playing "Tokyo Afterschool: Summoners" 
It's a online visual novel, that is on mobile, but I played it on my friends phone - lol, it's awesome!

I love it so much. 
Also been playing "Osu" and "CS:GO" which have been awesome games to play on the computer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dimitrios said:

Started playing "Tokyo Afterschool: Summoners" 
It's a online visual novel, that is on mobile, but I played it on my friends phone - lol, it's awesome!

I love it so much. 
Also been playing "Osu" and "CS:GO" which have been awesome games to play on the computer.

You play osu too?! Let’s goo