Any vampire anime?

Emotion Flux

Question

19 answers to this question

Shiki (psychological/suspense)

Vampire Hunter D  & Bloodlust (2 movies, retro/atmospheric)

Hellsing Ultimate (action/violence)

Blood, the Last Vampire & Blood+ (a movie & a series inspired by it)

Sirius the Jaeger (vampire hunters)

Karin/Chibi Vampire (romcom)

Miss Vampire Who Lives in my Neighborhood (slice of life/CGDCT)

Rosario Vampire (monster girls/harem/ecchi)

Castlevania (loosely inspired by the games)

there’s also Lunar Legend Tsukihime which I don’t remember much about but I plan to rewatch this month for Halloween.

Many more out there, but these are ones that came to mind that I enjoyed ( 👍 for Trinity Blood btw)

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

I saw Hellsing, and let me say - surely cultured. 

Castlevania involves vampires, isn't TECHNICALLY a 'vampire' anime - it's more dark, medieval fantasy...but as I said, it does involve vampires!
Blood-C this one is darker, but it does also involve vampires.
Vampire in the Garden This one is newer, coming out this 2022, but a good one.
Dance in the Vampire Bund This anime came out in 2010, so it's about 12yrs old...but it is watchable on Crunchyroll!

2 hours ago, PogFrog said:

I saw Hellsing, and let me say - surely cultured. 

Castlevania involves vampires, isn't TECHNICALLY a 'vampire' anime - it's more dark, medieval fantasy...but as I said, it does involve vampires!
Blood-C this one is darker, but it does also involve vampires.
Vampire in the Garden This one is newer, coming out this 2022, but a good one.
Dance in the Vampire Bund This anime came out in 2010, so it's about 12yrs old...but it is watchable on Crunchyroll!

I've thought about getting Ultimate. Maybe I can for a birthday present next year. Is it necessary to watch Ultimate to appreciate Hellsing? I've never been sure on that.

I've heard of Blood-C, and after watching Blood+ on Adult Swim I'm definitely thinking about giving it a shot. Vampire in the Garden sounds interesting too. Thanks for the help, PogFrog! :D 

1 hour ago, Otaku Gamer said:

I've thought about getting Ultimate. Maybe I can for a birthday present next year. Is it necessary to watch

They’re actually separate storylines, Ultimate being truer to the manga I believe (like the Brotherhood version of Fullmetal Alchemist). So they can be watched independent of each other. The original didn’t make much of an impression on me personally. Ultimate is definitely more violent, bloodier/gorier.  But also gets weirder.

Edited by Ohayotaku

10 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

They’re actually separate storylines, Ultimate being truer to the manga I believe (like the Brotherhood version of Fullmetal Alchemist). So they can be watched independent of each other. The original didn’t make much of an impression on me personally. Ultimate is definitely more violent, bloodier/gorier.  But also gets weirder.

I loved the original, but I did wish it was gorier. So, Ultimate is definitely in my sights now. I am glad that they can be watched independently of each other though, that's a big relief. :D 

5 hours ago, Otaking66lives said:

The OG, without a doubt, is the ORIGINAL Vampire Hunter D. It was release in the 1980s so it's a very different style from today's anime. Such a glorious movie! Deserves a watch at least once!

I'll pick it up, it's been on my radar for a while. Right now we're saving up for Christmas expenses though, but rest assured I'll get it at some point.

3 hours ago, TheSmolestAnimeNerd said:

the vampire dies in no time is a comedy, 1 season so far, 2nd one confirmed
call of the night is a new romance one
strike the blood

I'm interested in romance vampire stories. When I was younger I wouldn't have been, but things are different at 34. Do you know of any other romance vampire anime?

I'm interested in romance vampire stories. When I was younger I wouldn't have been, but things are different at 34. Do you know of any other romance vampire anime

Not a category I have much knowledge of.
Call of the Night is the most recent, but the male lead really got on my nerves.

Vampire in the Garden had yuri elements, but I never finished it.

Karin is a high school romcom, but there’s a really annoying anime only character, so the manga (Chibi Vampire) is better.

Phantom in the Twilight is a otome (reverse harem) series, but only one boy is a vampire. The others are a werewolf, a polyergeist/ghost & a Jiangshi (basically a male version of Hsien Ko from Dark Stalkers)

Edited by Ohayotaku

On 10/17/2022 at 9:22 AM, Ohayotaku said:

Not a category I have much knowledge of.
Call of the Night is the most recent, but the male lead really got on my nerves.

Vampire in the Garden had yuri elements, but I never finished it.

Karin is a high school romcom, but there’s a really annoying anime only character, so the manga (Chibi Vampire) is better.

Phantom in the Twilight is a otome (reverse harem) series, but only one boy is a vampire. The others are a werewolf, a polyergeist/ghost & a Jiangshi (basically a male version of Hsien Ko from Dark Stalkers)

Thanks a mil! :D Not a lot gets on my nerves though. Maybe I'll try out Call of the Night. Was he arrogant?

23 hours ago, MediaConsumesMe said:

The Case Study of Vanitas seasons 1 and 2 is another Vampire show, I've only seen season 1 but it was pretty enjoyable if a little slow paced. 

Kewl, I'll check it out when I can. Thanks! :D

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

On 10/17/2022 at 11:22 AM, Ohayotaku said:

Thanks a mil! :D Not a lot gets on my nerves though. Maybe I'll try out Call of the Night. Was he arrogant?

I don’t know if “arrogant” is the correct word. More like cluelessly naive & unaware of how pretentious the things he says are. I get that he’s intended as the protag in a coming-of-age story, but for whatever reason he got on my nerves more than other examples (Shinji from Evsngelion & Thorfinn from Vinland Saga). And his motives just seemed particularly  shallow

didn’t drop out of school because I’m struggling or being bullied, it’s just not “fun”. Becoming a vampire will allow me to avoid getting a boring job & becoming a member of “grown-up society” and all it’s hassles. I Don’t really understand what it means to be in a relationship, but it’ll work out because girls just naturally like me

Felt like he needed to be called out on it more rather than having all the older women swooning over his “innocence”

1 hour ago, Ohayotaku said:

I don’t know if “arrogant” is the correct word. More like cluelessly naive & unaware of how pretentious the things he says are. I get that he’s intended as the protag in a coming-of-age story, but for whatever reason he got on my nerves more than other examples (Shinji from Evsngelion & Thorfinn from Vinland Saga). And his motives just seemed particularly  shallow

Hide contents

didn’t drop out of school because I’m struggling or being bullied, it’s just not “fun”. Becoming a vampire will allow me to avoid getting a boring job & becoming a member of “grown-up society” and all it’s hassles. I Don’t really understand what it means to be in a relationship, but it’ll work out because girls just naturally like me

Felt like he needed to be called out on it more rather than having all the older women swooning over his “innocence”

Ohh ok, definitely don't think I'd like it then. Thanks for elaborating, it helped me make a determination of whether I wanted to watch it or not. Honestly I think he'd get on my nerves too.